Haunt 2014

ki95

Very happy to see Board to Death, Cavern of Terror, and Backwoods Bayou returning. Curious to see if Slaughterhouse Reloaded is nothing more than Relocated. KillMart, this could be interesting or very generic.

Skeleton Key plus Fright Lane looks to be priced at $40 to $50 a night from what I am seeing. I imagine the Skeleton Key feature is very underwhelming for the price you pay.

• Like 1

I have never been to Haunt and I have a question. I am aware that it is not recommended to bring kids... I read the disclaimer and I have read through some of the past threads about it. That being said, my daughter REALLY wants to go, mostly just to be able to ride the rides late at night but she is also into "scary" stuff like Goosebumps and the like. She's a pretty fearless kid, so I think she can handle it. I pulled up some videos on UTube from past haunts so she could see the decorations and the actors walking around and she thought it looked really cool and not too scary. I was thinking we would probabaly skip the mazes but was wondering though, if anyone thought any of the existing mazes were less intense than others? If so which ones? I thought we might try one just to see, but I don't want to freak her out too bad.

There was a family that had little ones (about 6/7 years of age) that went through Board to Death and Delta Delta Die.

I think it all depends on your little one. If shes fearless, then I think you will be okay for all of the ones from last year (not sure about this years crop). Then again, you could always just hit one maze here and there and do your night rides.

The scarezones are pretty awesome as well for the little ones who are fearless. Wider walkways so you are not as confined. Also it allows you to see a bit more than you would in a room.

• Like 1

Holiday Horror would have been the perfect maze to take her through but unfortunately its gone this year. if you were to do a maze i'd suggest Carnevil and Bored to Death they are more on the funny/lighter side, although bored to death is pretty dark at points and you cant see where the scare actors are coming from.

• Like 3

Kings Island really likes to wait till the last possible moment to announce Haunt. While most other parks have already, KI still hasn't and Haunt is in less than 3 weeks...I'm DYING to see everything officialy released!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is usually always the best time for parks to announce their plans for the upcoming Halloween season between the last week of August and first week of September. However, most of the big park haunts are now staggering their house announcements throughout the regular season; Universal Orlando has been doing this for well over a decade but only recently just downgraded to simply releasing the names of their attractions as opposed to a lengthy tease or tie-in to the current year's story-line. Maybe in the coming years, Kings Island will switch to this method of marketing, and perhaps this sponsorship with Safe Auto will aid more dollars to pump into future Haunts with better houses.

• Like 1

But Universal can do more of that staggering as everything is new each year so they have a lot to announce. Kings Island really only had Skeleton Crew and Killmart for new additions, and then the return of Ghouls Gone Wild and the revamped Slaughterhouse. So not as much to put out. Plus they did reveal some of it before too. They said Slaughterhouse was returning in a new spot, teased the new building by Beast, then informed us that was the new Slaughterhouse location and it would be revamped. A couple other mazes were confirmed to be returning as well. We just didn't get an overall announcement for the stuff until now and nothing was posted on the park site, but there was some staggered announcements between Twitter and Don's posts here.

RailRider, on 03 Sept 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Very happy to see Board to Death, Cavern of Terror, and Backwoods Bayou returning. Curious to see if Slaughterhouse Reloaded is nothing more than Relocated. KillMart, this could be interesting or very generic.

Skeleton Key plus Fright Lane looks to be priced at $40 to $50 a night from what I am seeing. I imagine the Skeleton Key feature is very underwhelming for the price you pay.

I don't think Skeleton Key could be bad for the price you pay as the price hasn't really changed from when it wasn't there at all. I see it almost more as you are buying a Fright Lane pass and getting an extra scene at the 5 mazes for free.

• Like 1

Yay, it's almost time to play! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the new Slaughter House! :D Sam's getting impatient wanting to know. He doesn't handle anticipation very well.

Sam needs to make sure Princess Sparkles has a great time through Slaughter House.
  • Like 3

I'm disappointed Skeleton Crew is apparently going to be in the Showplace Theater (beside Diamondback) rather than Kings Island Theater (where Cirque was).

Since I can't get to my computer at the moment, may I make another complaint about website design and implementation? I can't get to the Haunt page by directly navigating to it, and it isn't in the site map when I leave that crappy mobile site for the full site. Although, through the site map I can get to two Haunt related pages where I'm presumably not supposed to be, one of them explicitly not for the uninvited.

Ok, I have discovered a workaround, if I click full site, and then paste the Haunt URL, it actually goes. Until it feels like taking me back to mobile again a couple clicks later, but at least it is something.

And this must be ok to share again since it is linked off the Haunt page now https://www.visitkingsisland.com/assets/uploads/2014FrightGuide.pdf

Don't be disappointed about the relocation of Skeleton Crew. It will have more room to impress. I saw the show at Cedar Point and the more room the have the BETTER! Plus more people will be able to see it.

• Like 1

I agree with those statements. But, I was selfishly thinking of my own comfort. Steel benches outside at night in the fall is not going to be nearly as nice as individual cushioned indoor seating. If it's anywhere near as popular as Cirque, I'll be spending a long time sitting on that hard cold metal. I'm probably going to have to bring some sort of cushion and/or blanket.

• Like 2

How do I know if Sam is returning on my night. I will be there with my Sister and she does get frightened easily, unless of course the actors know her name...

Sam will be there every night. Of course, with the new house and the new layout, no one knows yet where Sam will be lurking, not even Sam himself. And we love it when we can get someone's name! :D

• Like 4

Yay, it's almost time to play! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the new Slaughter House! :D Sam's getting impatient wanting to know. He doesn't handle anticipation very well.

Sam needs to make sure Princess Sparkles has a great time through Slaughter House.

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to reply to this one too. Of course Sam will be looking out for her!

• Like 4

I'm disappointed Skeleton Crew is apparently going to be in the Showplace Theater (beside Diamondback) rather than Kings Island Theater (where Cirque was).

Since I can't get to my computer at the moment, may I make another complaint about website design and implementation? I can't get to the Haunt page by directly navigating to it, and it isn't in the site map when I leave that crappy mobile site for the full site. Although, through the site map I can get to two Haunt related pages where I'm presumably not supposed to be, one of them explicitly not for the uninvited.

Ok, I have discovered a workaround, if I click full site, and then paste the Haunt URL, it actually goes. Until it feels like taking me back to mobile again a couple clicks later, but at least it is something.

And this must be ok to share again since it is linked off the Haunt page now https://www.visitkingsisland.com/assets/uploads/2014FrightGuide.pdf

Don't be disappointed about the relocation of Skeleton Crew. It will have more room to impress. I saw the show at Cedar Point and the more room the have the BETTER! Plus more people will be able to see it.

There's a good reason why it's in the Showplace. Let's just say they can do more. Stay tuned. Only two more weeks.

• Like 5

How do I know if Sam is returning on my night. I will be there with my Sister and she does get frightened easily, unless of course the actors know her name...

Sam will be there every night. Of course, with the new house and the new layout, no one knows yet where Sam will be lurking, not even Sam himself. And we love it when we can get someone's name! :D

One of the lovely ladies got my sister's name from a source that won't be named :ph34r:

Needless to say, she got the heebie-jeebies a little bit! hehe...

• Like 5

I saw on the Kings Island Twitter that they are doing something new this year for families during the daytime, has anyone heard any details on what that might be? Don't know if this really belongs in this thread or not, but oh well, too late lol.

I guess we'll let it slide ;) lol

But I'm guessing "Planet Spooky" in Planet Snoopy. Most if not all CF parks are doing it for their daytime event. That maybe the reason why they got rid of Holiday Horror

7a80f760a362e6669b67acc59f5b28a8.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

When they said they were going to be doing a new family daytime event they meant it! It looks like this is a KI only event. More info is now available on the KI websitefef713a2a5088770d56b0510f5eb9850.jpg

• Like 1

It looks like Doc from this season of Face/Off is helping create the make up & masks for Haunt this year! 972fb030854299ecbcff5e81c2e07847.jpg

It also looks like Caroline from Face/Off is working at Haunt this year! This is destined to be an awesome year concerning make up!

84fd36f51e554c3f190cc477a0accaac.jpg

• Like 3

I love the people pretending to be statues, I love when people think that they are statues and then get scared when they move. ( This is usually at International Street at the front of the park.)

Those are cool! It looks like Cemetery Drive is still on International Street.

• Like 4

Thanks guys :)

You mentioned "before Haunt starts". They don't open until 6 or 7 on Friday and Saturday, but there's a later time that Haunt actually begins?

I'm not looking for definitive answers (plus I hate making phone calls), just trying to get a feel for things, since I haven't been to a Haunt yet.

I may go twice this coming weekend, Friday to catch the shows, and Sunday for rides, etc.

Skeleton Key looks interesting, from what I saw at Cedar Point this weekend. Fright Lane guests are ushered into a special room at some point in the maze, and they must complete a special challenge to advance from the room. (One of the challenges is to eat something, for example.)

I do wish the actors would be kinder with small children. (Why guests bring small children into haunted houses is another matter.) One guest took their ~8-year-old daughter through Zombie High School, and she was in tears after a few scares. Almost every monster continued picking on her through the end of the maze, even after her dad started carrying her.

• Like 2