Haunt 2014

ki95

Sorry, Sam got hold of my account again. Please excuse him, he gets really excited this time of year.

Sam can be found in the new Slaughter House Reloaded.

Sam,

Is there anything you can tell us about the reloaded Slaughterhouse?!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ah, Sam's posting on KIC. One of my favorite traditions. It's really that time of the year. Before we know it, it'll be time for the annual retelling of that classic Christmas tale, the Sinking of the S.S. Gator. But first, Haunt!

For everyone heading out to the park tonight: have fun! And let us know how good Skeleton Crew is!

• Like 14

Ah, Sam's posting on KIC. One of my favorite traditions. It's really that time of the year. Before we know it, it'll be time for the annual retelling of that classic Christmas tale, the Sinking of the S.S. Gator. But first, Haunt!

For everyone heading out to the park tonight: have fun! And let us know how good Skeleton Crew is!

Thanks!

I'd love to see Skeleton Crew, but I'll be otherwise occupied. So yes, please let us know how it is, anyone who goes (Magenta Lizard)!

• Like 2

Kill Mart was fun! A nice addition. Needs more scares, and less zombies, though.

Slaughterhouse has great, great potential in its new home. Hard now to find your way thru. Great effects, though, far better than last year.

Does it (KillMart) live up to its name as the longest/biggest maze in KI Haunt history?! Also did you get the Skeleton Key experience?!

It's a long one...I don't spend nickels on the passes. Didn't need one tonight anyway, 10 minute wait for Kill Mart, none for most others.

Dropping $90 or whatever it is for two for an extra room or two is, to me, the height of foolishness, and something I would never, ever do.

• Like 1

Not quite as good as Cirque Imagine. Not yet, anyway.

I won't cast judgment for a few weeks. I can forgive a lot in the first performance. There is one act that seemed to eat up a lot more time than expected (as evidenced by the music actually ending while it was still being set up). I could see that portion of the show changing or disappearing, opening the door for something new as well.

As it is right now, I'd rather have Ed Alonzo or Cirque Imagine. But it is a vast improvement over Hot Blooded.

• Like 3

If they just removed that act you speak of, I think it would really improve the show, too. It wouldn't be so bad being a slow build up as long as something spectacular happened at the end, but as of yet, the ending of that act is cool but not cool enough at all for taking what feels like a third of the entire show. Moving it earlier in the show would help too, because it doesn't live up to what presently goes before it.

Other than that, I loved everything about the show. As I mention in my trip report, I do still prefer Cirque as a whole, but there is one act in particular I found absolutely amazing. I like what they added that necessitated it being outside, too.

• Like 3

I think these cars are from a flying Jetson ride from Hannah B. The black bar could be pushed forward or back to let you lift them in the air.

Of the six shows I've seen, the first one on opening night was the best. I think the performers were really excited to get to show us what they can do.

By the way, what ride were these from?
43e38d4c1c83cfc393d5bc284bc779f0.jpg

• Like 4

^The cars are from Jetson's Jet Orbiters, which originally opened at Cincinnati's Coney Island in 1960. It underwent a few different names while at Kings Island, although I'm not fully certain on the dates:

Kikky Kangaroo 1972 - 1975 (?)

Wilma's Whirlybirds 1976 (?) - 1981 (?)

Flintstone's Flyboys 1982 - 1991

Jetson's Space Port 1992 - 1997

Jetson's Jet Orbiters 1998 - 2005

After the ride was removed for Nickelodeon Universe, the park put it up for sale. I don't believe there was ever a buyer, hence the cars being used as props right now.

• Like 3

I think these cars are from a flying Jetson ride from Hannah B. The black bar could be pushed forward or back to let you lift them in the air.

Of the six shows I've seen, the first one on opening night was the best. I think the performers were really excited to get to show us what they can do.

By the way, what ride were these from?

43e38d4c1c83cfc393d5bc284bc779f0.jpg

That is my childhood in the ground.

10246311_739560326065544_784383530176665

• Like 14

Thanks. So everything on the Rides and Attractions page on the haunt mini site is a go? It seems to be everything that isn't Planet Snoopy.

And do they do passholder ERT on these days and when does it start if they do?

Yup & I'm not sure about ERT (I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong), Hope you guys enjoy your time at Haunt!