Haunt 2014

ki95

(of which I refused, for I do not like bacon.).

:o HOW?! I demand to know how it is possible to not like bacon!

:P

I'm just a picky eater, that's all. I don't really remember why I don't like it, but I think it had to do with it being too crunchy (and also me not liking the taste).

• Like 3

The factory I work at has a cafeteria. Not so long ago the company sent a new plant manager, who's office was located above said cafeteria. He actually tried to have bacon removed from the menu because he couldn't stand the smell of it cooking. He's gone now, the bacon remains.

I wonder what would have happened if he was allergic? My current office space is far enough away from our cafeteria that it doesn't bother me. That wasn't always the case and leaving work with a migraine and tight throat was never fun.

One of my cousins (and her family) can't eat pork for religious reasons so we look out for each other at family events. Chances are always high that someone forgot and used pork bacon or non-veggie refried beans in a dish. Whoever gets there first scouts out the safe food and we know that at least the food we brought is safe to eat.

• Like 3

Yes, it is my cross to bear. :) After 20some years of not eating pork products, it is just part of my life. Considering how sick it makes me to eat it and smell it cooking, I have no rush to eat it. On a funny note, my family loved it when I left for college as they could cook and eat all the pork they wanted. I would have to schedule my trips home so they had time to air out the house before I visited.

• Like 5