Haunt 2014

ki95

Beggar's Night here in Xenia is normally on the 31st. However, it is moved to the 30th if the 31st is a Sunday (to prevent interference with church activities), Wednesday (same reason, as many churches have youth group meetings that night), or Friday (high school football).

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

As far as crowds, who knows, but I think Halloween night might not be too bad. I don't remember specifically how they were in '08 & '09, but with other things going on like trick or treating and parties, that may keep people away, only to visit the following night?

My thoughts exactly. You never know though...

• Like 1

Everyplace I've lived in the Dayton area (including south of town, where I live now) schedules it, for what is usually not Halloween. It varies quite a bit which night each community chooses, and when I was a kid there were those who took advantage of this by trick or treating in multiple communities on different nights. It's been this way at least the last 30 years.

I have to assume a great number of visitors are from Dayton and its suburbs as well as Cincy's. So it presumably has some effect on the crowds on Halloween.

Those who have actually been to Haunt (this will be my first year), do there tend to be a lot of children and adults, or is it more of a teenage event? I assumed teens, because that has been the bulk of those who visit haunted houses in my experience.

• Like 1

ok so im starting my obsession with Halloween Haunt and this is what i think; mazes they need to do this year from favorite to least: a maze based on different types of phobias, a doll factory/ toy factory maze, a maze themed on Banshee and maybe a school themed maze. Mazes to get rid of: tombstone terror-tory, club blood, delta delta die and urgent scare. wolf pack would move to where tombstone terror-tory was and the Banshee maze would go where it was. the phobia maze could go on a trail in between congo falls and the timberwolf theater where cornstalkers once was previously. the zombie high school can be where delta delta die was or if they get rid of holiday horror it could go there too since i don't see them getting rid of a maze that just came out but i really think that maze really needs a total new theme there. and the toy/doll factory could go where urgent scare was and they could move slaughterhouse to club bloods old location. id rather see them work on some of the old ones like holiday horror and urgent scare and bring them to their former glory but they never seem to do that. I'd most love for them to do the phobia maze with rooms with maybe a bunch of loose feared animals( spiders, snakes, bugs, rodents bees) and then rooms with a bunch of unlucky things (black cats, certain numbers, upside horseshoes, broken mirrors and such), then claustrophobia, and fear of the dark, and then you could do a lot with fear of needles/ diseases and germs, i cant vision it but maybe a fear of heights or flying. those are just things i thought of. id also love the toy factory cause you can include the doll part in it and include other things!

• Like 1

ok so im starting my obsession with Halloween Haunt and this is what i think; mazes they need to do this year from favorite to least: a maze based on different types of phobias, a doll factory/ toy factory maze, a maze themed on Banshee and maybe a school themed maze. Mazes to get rid of: tombstone terror-tory, club blood, delta delta die and urgent scare. wolf pack would move to where tombstone terror-tory was and the Banshee maze would go where it was. the phobia maze could go on a trail in between congo falls and the timberwolf theater where cornstalkers once was previously. the zombie high school can be where delta delta die was or if they get rid of holiday horror it could go there too since i don't see them getting rid of a maze that just came out but i really think that maze really needs a total new theme there. and the toy/doll factory could go where urgent scare was and they could move slaughterhouse to club bloods old location. id rather see them work on some of the old ones like holiday horror and urgent scare and bring them to their former glory but they never seem to do that. I'd most love for them to do the phobia maze with rooms with maybe a bunch of loose feared animals( spiders, snakes, bugs, rodents bees) and then rooms with a bunch of unlucky things (black cats, certain numbers, upside horseshoes, broken mirrors and such), then claustrophobia, and fear of the dark, and then you could do a lot with fear of needles/ diseases and germs, i cant vision it but maybe a fear of heights or flying. those are just things i thought of. id also love the toy factory cause you can include the doll part in it and include other things!

Not being rude, But you want most mazes from Cedar Point to come to Kings Island?

On the other hand, I could see a Banshee Maze Replacing Wolf Pack this year. But (I think) Club Blood is staying as the decorations are still on the building. (as of today) I also dont think Kings Island will replace a 1-year old maze, (I think the earliest maze to leave was the mazr that Board to death is now in, 2 years) But hey, We will know in about 2-3 months.

• Like 1

Club Blood has been on the way out for years. It's pitiful. Not saying it's for sure gone. I would say that even though the decorations are still up on the building, doesn't mean they won't be later on in the year. It's not a building that's constantly being accessed nor used aside from Haunt (used for storage during the normal season).

I do agree, I'd like to see a phobia type maze.

Guest FersureShelbi

Club Blood has got to go. I attended in the fall and was very disappointed by it. The first time I went through which was like 2007/8/9ish, whenever I was a freshman in high school and I loved it. It just keeps disappointing me every time I go through it. However, it is my fiance's favorite and I feel he would be upset to see it ago. I went through Board to Death in the fall as well and loved it. Those were the only two mazes I did but I did see all the shows. Hot Blooded sucked so bad that I never want to see it again. I loved Blood Drums so I hope to see it return.

Also on a different note, I noticed on the Outside of Delta Delta Die, were three Deltas, which is an actual sorority, Delta Delta Delta. I've wondered if they had to seek permission to use those specific letters or if that would have even been an issue.

I'd love a doll themed maze or something like that episode of Are you Afraid of the Dark where the girl is the doll in the house or something like that. Personally porcelain dolls and old baby dolls (the ones where the eyes actually roll in the head) creep me out. I would enjoy it. As for a phobia based maze...yes please.

I get really excited for Halloween Haunt because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love haunt attractions.

• Like 1

Club Blood has got to go. I attended in the fall and was very disappointed by it. The first time I went through which was like 2007/8/9ish, whenever I was a freshman in high school and I loved it. It just keeps disappointing me every time I go through it. However, it is my fiance's favorite and I feel he would be upset to see it ago. I went through Board to Death in the fall as well and loved it. Those were the only two mazes I did but I did see all the shows. Hot Blooded sucked so bad that I never want to see it again. I loved Blood Drums so I hope to see it return.

Also on a different note, I noticed on the Outside of Delta Delta Die, were three Deltas, which is an actual sorority, Delta Delta Delta. I've wondered if they had to seek permission to use those specific letters or if that would have even been an issue.

I'd love a doll themed maze or something like that episode of Are you Afraid of the Dark where the girl is the doll in the house or something like that. Personally porcelain dolls and old baby dolls (the ones where the eyes actually roll in the head) creep me out. I would enjoy it. As for a phobia based maze...yes please.

I get really excited for Halloween Haunt because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love haunt attractions.

I thought Hot Blooded was great this year! Great Cast for 2013. But, Thats my opinion.

As other people said, I think its time for Tombstone Terror-tory To go, Its had a good run, But if they were to keep it, Needs some new props.

Really hope Backwards Bayou Returns! Loved that scare zone.

• Like 1

I was actually impressed with what they did do with Tombstone last year...as far as decorating it though... since there are only a few scareactors that truly impress me park wide. But yeah the use of the former Sleepy Hallow/Massacre Manor/Cowboy Carnage/Red Beard's/Cut Throat decor looked good in Tombstone last year I thought.

Yes, I wrote Massacre Manor in there because the original did utilize the decorations seen in Tombstone last year for those who didn't know.

• Like 2

I enjoy going to Haunt every year. I will always feel like something is missing though as those first couple years of Fear Fest were the best.

I personally did not enjoy the early years of Fear Fest. Even if you had a season pass, you still had to pay to get in, there were fewer haunted attractions and the ones they had were meh (especially the couple 3D ones they had. The thing at the top of ET was kinda neat though just for the fact that it was at the top of ET), and I think Son of Beast was the only ride open.

I remember the park being open on Halloween night the first year they had Fear Fest, (2000) I remember well cause I worked it, and only select rides in Action Zone where open, and I was the only Level 1 operator that night for Top Gun. I believe the park was only open 4 hours, 7pm till 11pm. I also remember Son of Beast going down that night and was down for a while that evening. Everyone flooded over to Top Gun and we only had one train on the track.

• Like 1

Wow. How do you accidentally double-post 48 minutes apart?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Phone keeps post up, then posts it thinking you did not.

It's called going through a bad reception area, or possibly, having a life outside of the telephone and come back to that. :)

• Like 3

Bad reception area? I have Verizon. Other than KI's parking lot, what's a bad reception area? :)

It's that place called The Cut In The Hill. :)

Or any other place in the back hills and back country of our most "glorious" (Joke intended) country.

The best one was the first year they had the freezer and they also had one close to Flight of Fear where you crawled on your hands and knees through an area where rats and stuff were beneath you.

I must have missed the crawling on hands and knees one because I don't remember that one!

I still prefer Haunt to Fear Fest by a wide margin, simply because it's free with a Gold or Platinum pass, all the rides stay operating, and the theming throughout the park is better. And I personally don't care much about the haunted attractions -- only did one last year, Board to Death, and it was fine, just not my thing -- so the quality of the haunted attractions doesn't influence my preference much.

• Like 1

Club Blood ... The first time I went through which was like 2007/8/9ish, whenever I was a freshman in high school and I loved it.

If it was 2008, thank you! It was a lot of fun to work that year. The Bouncer may be dead but he's not forgotten!

I was actually impressed with what they did do with Tombstone last year...as far as decorating it though... since there are only a few scareactors that truly impress me park wide. But yeah the use of the former Sleepy Hallow/Massacre Manor/Cowboy Carnage/Red Beard's/Cut Throat decor looked good in Tombstone last year I thought.

I agree, the props from those attractions really added to it. It looked good last year.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this forum yet or not. I know it's been brought to everyone's attention that The Crypts building is no longer on the map, but has anyone noticed the new fence blocking the entrance to the building? It's doesn't seem to be a temporary gate either, seeing as how it's not only screwed into the fence but the sidewalk as well.

image_zps94cecaad.jpg

FFD58C3F-FB8E-4B30-B74D-DEDC9A7405DD_zps

image_zps3534562d.jpg