Boomerang Bay Music

Dane

I don't remember hearing too much Jimmy Buffet in Waterworks but I do remember hearing the Beach Boys all the time. That didn't bother me though because I used to love the Beach Boys when I was younger. I'm not sure if PKI will get rid of the Waterworks music, but I do think that we will hear more tropical music to go with the theme of Boomerang Bay.

OK, I'm showing my age again, but I actually enjoyed all the Beach Boys music played in Waterworks. All of the good-time, Summer oldies. I can't see it changing that much, I don't even know what Australian music would be. INXS? Kylie Minogue?

Ah, it has nothing to do with age. The Beach Boys are timeless.

They did play a lot of Beach Boys, but I recall specifically hearing Margaritaville over and over near Whipeout Beach. I hope they keep it.

Will they play INXS or Kylie Minogue? For the love of God, I hope not. :D

-Ryan

i think they will keep the music. living with my mom. (Mrs. G) i have learned to tone out the music that is playing around me but the beach boys dont bug me that much so i dont care.

:P

no affence mom :unsure:

You're grounded, young lady!!

Actually, I think they'll keep the same music too. I don't think they'll take the themeing as seriously as we think they will.

I'm sorry, Chef, I'm just trying to imagine floating along on an inner tube to the strains of "Staying Alive" - or "Hopelessly Devoted To You" - and it just doesn't fit. The visual is pretty funny though.

Olivia had some decent summer tunes in "Grease" - but "Grease" is already SO overdone throughout the park.

Don't they have licensing issues for whatever music they play, don't they have to have permission since they are playing them in a private park for which they charge admission? I always thought they did, and that's what kept the playlist so short, because those royalty issues get to be such a pain.

I'm sorry, Chef, I'm just trying to imagine floating along on an inner tube to the strains of "Staying Alive" - or "Hopelessly Devoted To You" - and it just doesn't fit. The visual is pretty funny though.

Olivia had some decent summer tunes in "Grease" - but "Grease" is already SO overdone throughout the park.

Don't they have licensing issues for whatever music they play, don't they have to have permission since they are playing them in a private park for which they charge admission? I always thought they did, and that's what kept the playlist so short, because those royalty issues get to be such a pain.

The thought of going down water slides to the tune of "Let's get physical" or "How deep is your love" is most funny.

:D

The tough thing about music is that so many of us have individual tastes. I'm sure that there are factions that'd like to hear: Australian tunes, Beach Boys, Pop, Rock, Country, Rap, Disco, etc.

It would be virtually impossible for PKI to please EVERYBODY with their choice of music for Boomerang Bay.