PKI Media Day 2003

Tanner

Let me start out by saying absolutely amazing. I got there around 11:00 with my brother and his girlfriend. We checked in and went to Scooby for our only ride of the day. Great ride for kids. Love the way it's interactive except the targets are small and hard to hit. Overall all 3 of us tied and had 570 points each. I will say one thing, The queue and station of Scooby are horrible, it's so dark you can't even see where you are walking. The theming however was great and I even jumped a few times at some of the things that pop out. Great ride. After Scooby we looked at our on ride picture. After that we went to our lunch. If this is the kind of food PKI plans on serving this year, the new executive chef is great because the food was awesome. There was a kiddie table with chicken fingers, corn dogs, and curly fries while the adult entrees were either pork or chicken, vegetables, and salad. After eating we headed to our meeting at Delirium where we watched it test once. Then we got our briefing, got in our seats for which one we'd be in, and went off for whatever until the moment came. When the time came we ran out to "Space Oddysey 2001" and stopped turned and shook our butts in our great Delirium underwear, which everyone loved. Then we ran to our seats got strapped in and took our first ride. I don't know what else to say, but amazing. The ride looks huge on the internet, small in real life, but you feel like you're really upside down and up about 300 feet when you're swinging at full height. Truly an amazing experience. Other than having a news camera on me the whole time, then getting off the camera man followed my butt to the exit with it pointing at my underwear. Next we rode again which was better than the first time because we were on a different side and it was amazing once again. After that we called it a day and left even though we could have easily got 3 more rides in.

Hate to burst your bubble about the food. The food for the media previews have usually always been done by Dave Zelner (the new head of food service, the "executive chef" as you call him). He was the corporate chef for all of paramount before coming to us. Plus the food they serve during the media preview and other events is never the same as what they serve in the park during the normal time (minus the kid's menu, chicken fingers, mini corn dogs, curly fries).

I'll be giving my report on everything after opening day and I get the chance to put it all together.

I think the food was good, there was pork and chicken, with salad and vegitables. Also there was desserts which consited of a Delirium cake, and pudding with oreo crumbs with gummy worms going through it so it looked liek worms digging through dirt.

Media Preview Day

Today I went to Media Preview Day with my wife and another couple. General Manager Craig Ross and the PKI deserve great credit for this event and the improvements made in the park.

Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle was an awesome ride. We experienced it several times. Each mini-Mystery machine has 3 ghost blasters and you can earn up to 9999 points if you hit all 101 targets - unfortunately, my wife always outscored me. I'm happy to report that images of the whole Mystery Inc. - as well as some of their worst adversaries can be seen. It's a REALLY cool experience. And we met Scott Innis, who played the voice of Scooby and Shaggy in several movies. He was a real nice guy and did a funny imitation of my wife's Japanese accent.

Lunch was awesome. There was chocolate moose, cake, salad, chicken, pork, and other items. I must admit that even I couldn't have made the pork any better.

I saw the outside of Mandarin Cuisine. It is designed like an authentic red colored Chinese restaurant. I was most impressed - as I lived and worked in Asia for one year.

The highlight of my day was Delirium. Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle met my expectations. However, Delirium WAY exceeded my expectations. I rotated 360 degrees while being tossed up and down like a pendalum and even hung upside down! I was so thrilled. It was an awesome experience - amongst the best non-roller coaster rides I ever experienced.

My chef hat goes off to PKI! They are doing an awesome job.

Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle was an awesome ride. We experienced it several times. Each mini-Mystery machine has 3 ghost blasters and you can earn up to 9999 points if you hit all 101 targets - unfortunately, my wife always outscored me. I'm happy to report that images of the whole Mystery Inc. - as well as some of their worst adversaries can be seen. It's a REALLY cool experience. And we met Scott Innis, who played the voice of Scooby and Shaggy in several movies. He was a real nice guy and did a funny imitation of my wife's Japanese accent.

WOAH WOA! CHEF... SCOTT INNES WAS AT PKI!!!! HE DOES THE VOICE FOR SCOOBY AND SHAGGY IN THE VIDEOS AND DVDS HE EVEN DID THE VOICE FOR SCARPPY DOO IN THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE THAT CAME OUT LAST SUMMER!!! MAN I AM UPSET I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE MET HIM!!!!anywho SOOO are all the Classic scooby foes in the ride? blink.gifunsure.gifcool.gif

WOAH WOA! CHEF... SCOTT INNES WAS AT PKI!!!! HE DOES THE VOICE FOR SCOOBY AND SHAGGY IN THE VIDEOS AND DVDS HE EVEN DID THE VOICE FOR SCARPPY DOO IN THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE THAT CAME OUT LAST SUMMER!!! MAN I AM UPSET I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE MET HIM!!!!anywho SOOO are all the Classic scooby foes in the ride? blink.gifunsure.gifcool.gif

Scooby,

I'm going to sound like Kaga-san from Iron Chef:

If memory serves me right I saw the Green Ghost, The Creeper, the Werewolf, and the Mummy. There were other spooks too, but I forgot who they were.