My view of Media Day 2003

teenageninja

Well the day started off at about 9:45 for me. I met a couple people from Coasterbuzz and than FoF. I hung out with him today and we each got quite a few rides on the new ones.

Scooby Doo-7 Rides

Well the opening cerimony(sp?) was pretty simple. They had the actors from the show last year (Shaggy and Velma) and 2 little kids standing at the entrance and our very own PKI Yogi coming out as Scooby coming out. We had to wait about 20 minutes for the first ride. They explain the lasers and to hit only the lit up targets in line. The ride it self is great. The line on the left is the actual wait line. There are a lot of targets, but some of them are alot harder to hit than others. My hi-score so far on a ride without it stopping is 1650. The line was dark as Tanner said in his TR, but there's not a whole lot to see. They were also giving out free On-Rides.

Lunch-2 plates

I had an entree and some carrots which was pretty good, not great, but good. They had a Delirium model and a cake along with Scooby Doo cookies.

Delirium-5 rides and an embarassing moment

Well it all started off with our underwear run. I gotta say the lines on the back were clever "Don't be Scared, Come Prepared.... A Full Load of thrills. It wasn't on the 4 o'clock news, hope it'll be on the 5 o'clock. Delirium was running better today and more efficiently.

Edited by teenageninja

I was interviewed by the Enquirer and while waiting for the first ride had a camera on me and at the end he still had it on me. Did you get one of those Media Kit Folders we weren't supposed to take. There's alot of neat stuff in there. The photo prints are good and the CD-ROM is also cool.

The media kit included a business card, some photo prints of logos of the the new attractions along with graphic images, news releases, park statistics, and a CD-ROM with everything combined in a software version. The CD-ROM also has tons of pictures of rides and logos from other rides in the park. Nothing all that special really. Plus you've probably seen all the pictures before anyways.

Media Preview Day

Today I went to Media Preview Day with my wife and another couple. General Manager Craig Ross and the PKI deserve great credit for this event and the improvements made in the park.

Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle was an awesome ride. We experienced it several times. Each mini-Mystery machine has 3 ghost blasters and you can earn up to 9999 points if you hit all 101 targets - unfortunately, my wife always outscored me. I'm happy to report that images of the whole Mystery Inc. - as well as some of their worst adversaries can be seen. It's a REALLY cool experience. And we met Scott Innis, who played the voice of Scooby and Shaggy in several movies. He was a real nice guy and did a funny imitation of my wife's Japanese accent.

Lunch was awesome. There was chocolate moose, cake, salad, chicken, pork, and other items. I must admit that even I couldn't have made the pork any better.

I saw the outside of Mandarin Cuisine. It is designed like an authentic red colored Chinese restaurant. I was most impressed - as I lived and worked in Asia for one year.

The highlight of my day was Delirium. Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle met my expectations. However, Delirium WAY exceeded my expectations. I rotated 360 degrees while being tossed up and down like a pendalum and even hung upside down! I was so thrilled. It was an awesome experience - amongst the best non-roller coaster rides I ever experienced.

My chef hat goes off to PKI! They are doing an awesome job.