CP Media Day 2014

PhantomTheater

It was a little warm, but enjoyable. Here are some highlights.

Lake Erie Eagles - The ride I was most excited about lived up to and exceed my expectations. Those little birdies could fly, just couldn't get them to snap. If you shall get to the point this summer, dont miss these Eagles. However, the have a wind tolerance issue.

Pipe Scream - Just like Surf Dog, maybe a little faster.

Gemini Midway - Good bye asphalt and dated 70's look. The entire midway between Witches Wheel and Snoopy Bounce has been updated. New lights, speakers, paint and brick side walls. It is very nice, particularly the new lights which will make the midway pop at night. My only complaint is too much blue in Monster's new lights.

Gemini - front porch has been severly shotened and replaced by a sea of concrete, also now has water dummies for testing.

Camp Snoopy - Many rides have recieved fresh paint, including Woodstock Express. Also the theater has recieved a canopy.

Wilderness Run - The new paint almost blends into well with the trees, and the entrance is hard to find as it blends in with the theater.

Crabfries - Delicious, and highly recomended.

Name Tags - All white, no more light/dark green, red, blue or gold.

Pet Farm - Expanded, now with either alpacas or llamas! I was to tired to figue out which.

Other notes -Parking directors got new uniforms, the new starbucks looks good, the merch at Joe Cools Corner did not change, no restrooms appeared to be updated, a new Fool the Guesser building across from Millie's entrance, a Coke Freestyle was put in infront of Albert on the Frontier Trail, and Finally a craft beer and wine bar replaces the toy cabin on the trail as well.

As for rides, they open up Blue Streak (1st rider!) and Millennium Force.

Thats all I can think of right now, if i think of more i will post it. Also any questions, feel free to ask!

• Like 5

A few updates from opening day.

-Gemini and Mine Ride got new individual seat belts instead of bench belts. Now Mine Ride is even more difficult to fit into.

-FUN TV ruins the individual atmosphere each of the big rides had. No more 80's music in Magnum que, no old western themes for Maverick, no Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! for Dragster. Now all the queues feel generic and not unique to each ride. Humourously, only half of CPLERR got TV's as Frontier did and Main did not.

• Like 4

A few updates from opening day.

-Gemini and Mine Ride got new individual seat belts instead of bench belts. Now Mine Ride is even more difficult to fit into.

-FUN TV ruins the individual atmosphere each of the big rides had. No more 80's music in Magnum que, no old western themes for Maverick, no Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! for Dragster. Now all the queues feel generic and not unique to each ride. Humourously, only half of CPLERR got TV's as Frontier did and Main did not.

I saw the TV's on media day... Was afraid of something like this happening..... Who knows maybe it wont last and we can get our ride theme's back in the queue's... changing that is like removing the video from FOF or the under carrier from top gun... oh wait never mind