Cedar Point

As always, hit up the rides you want to ride first. Most crowded are TTD, Maverick, Gatekeeper. If it is too long of a wait then purchase your Fast Lane Plus at the park at multiple locations. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to going in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

This week is Math & Science Week, so there may be lots of school groups at the park. Definitely go to the back of the park first, as ride queues near the front will be packed early. You might choose to enter at the marina gate or the resorts gate (by Soak City) instead of at the front gate. Predicting crowds at Cedar Point is very difficult; as jdf21972 said, you can buy Fast Lane if you find that you need it.

I may go at some point this week, but I probably won't know until close to the last minute.

By the way, you filed this topic under the "Kings Island" forum. For future reference, topics not related to Kings Island should go in one of the other ones.

• Like 1

My wife and I make 2 trips a year (we've been there twice during Math & Science Week). Best advice is what malem said, plus:

-If you want to ride Maverick, and don't plan on getting a Fast Pass, you will want to get a ride on that first. The lines stay long for it all day once the queue fills up.

-The school crowds flock to Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force almost immediately! The lines became much shorter for these 2 rides after they left (once again, start at the back by Maverick).

-Raptor is great for ERT.

-The food at Pink's is really good!

-Magnum XL200, Gemini, and Power Tower are great rides that usually have an empty queue through the week. Don't pass them up!

Have fun!

Before they were math and science days these were the best least crowded days for the park. You should be golden for a good time.

Also remember if you're in line when the park closes you get to ride, so use this to your advantage when wanting to ride something that usually has a long line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to a desktop today and checked the pricing for Fast Lane plus at Cedar Point. I had read it was $100 on Saturdays but on the website it said $90 each. Obviously I'm going to go by what the website said. My question though is, is the online price different from buying in the park do they discount it for buying online?

Isn't there a $6 fee for online purchases as well?

I would wait until you get to the park and check out the crowds.

Sunday even with the bring a friend promi, the longest we waited in line was 30 minutes for Maverick and TTD.

Millie was around 20 minutes and Gatekeeper along with almost everyrging else was practically a walk on or station wait.

Cedar Point changed Fast Lane for this year. prices have changed for the good and the bad depending on day. Fast Lane plus now also has Gatekeeper so that's three rides exclusive to plus. The price for this Saturday went from $90 to $80. Other days have gone up some.

That would seem to imply that Fast Lane demand is low. Cedar Point has been crowded on days when the Fast Lane queues seemed deserted, so low attendance isn't a certainty.

It would be interesting to see what the in-park price is that day. Setting that lower than what (some) people paid could make customers very unhappy when they get to wristband pick-up and see the prices.

• Like 2

I just checked the Cedar Point website, and there is no disclaimer about the Fast Lane price being subject to change. Even if there were, disclaimers usually don't change customer expectations. It's good business sense to keep customers happy rather than mad, no matter whose fault it is.

On another note, I wonder if people who purchased regular Fast Lane wristbands before the change will be allowed access to Gatekeeper.

Are you on mobile or a computer? I can't bring it up to screen shot from my phone but after it is in the cart somewhere the disclaimer pops up. I've read it three or four times the last month or so. As recently as yesterday. It's definitely on the page somewhere or at least it was. They have made changes to the site. You can now buy on mobile even though at the bottom of the full site page for Fast Lane it says you can't.

• Like 1

With this being announced at 10:00am, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people who travelled to Sandusky today.

EDIT: CP tickets valid for today are now valid at Kings Island and at Wildwater Kingdom (at the former Geauga Lake).

• Like 3