Coverage of Park (4.11)

dr zoidberg

well I got to ride Delirium today (4.11) and was in the bunch of riders that got to ride it first. it was as good as i expected it to be. from getting close to hitting your feet on fences and walkway roofs to being basically upside down.

but the only drawback for today was.. it was breaking down a lot... like within 2 hours or so i broke down twice i believe....also the running of the ride was SLOW. but its a new ride and most likely everything will be running smoothly in the time to come.

there was also a lot of other rides breaking down (Vortex & Racer) i saw weren't running for awhile. Racer had a new logo as well.

the Bubba Gump place looked to be coming along nicely. The Mandarin Cuisine was open and had some business. Subway was also open. (NO MEATBALL SUBS! BLAST)

Spongebob was amusing with his adventures through Bakini Bottom. Didn't get on scooby though... line was out to international street and then some.

i also took some pictures that should be available to view on http://www.pkixtreme.tk in the near future

well enjoy opening day whoever goes!

-zoid

I also rode Delirium today. It was all I expected it to be and more. Scooby Doo was also very cool. It was also better than I expected. There was so many people there it was insane. The metal detectors did slow down the movement but it didnt take that long. SOB ran one train and I waited an hour for that. Racer had some problems and Vortex was not in operation. Every line was out past the entrance today. AE was backed up to Bubba Gumps. The Beast also ran one train. The line started at TR:TR! so I didnt ride it. As for SDATHC, At 6:00 the line was all the way past the face painting place, around the corner, up international street and all the way to the glass blowing place. mad.gif That sucked. There was way too many people there today. Also, I didnt see the new restraints on SOB yet. They could be putting them on the other train right now. The fountains looked incredible. biggrin.gif I think there was just too many people there to be incredibly enjoyable for me. sad.gif But at least I got to ride the new rides.

Edited by pki_guy

Yeah i Rode Scooby when i first got there and i gotta say i love Scooby doo and the Haunted Castle it was better than i expected its WAS A BLAST!!!! as for Delirium i couldnt ride it.. it was to crowed so off to SpongeBob in 3D i liked it better than 7th Portal it was more amusein to me! then i left because the park was to crowed...i seen the scooby line on my out and i thought man this is ridiculous....so do you all think tomorrow will be bad? because i wanna ride Delirium! smile.gif

Well...

Basically, I was with two of my friends... we 'merged' with the line for Delirium before it got into a set queue... and so we got onto the third ride of the night. It was incredibly awesome. A total blast. I ended up riding Son of Beast before the lines got long, and it was alright, but now I remember why I don't like it -- too shaky for my physique! We rode Scrambler and Flight of Fear -- 2 hours wait and then it breaks down -- right as i'm the next ride. The park wasn't crowded initially, however people began to comeout of all holes in the ground! It was a hellhole when the park closed. Beast's line was too long, and I didn't even get to make it over to the new Scooby ride. I must say -- it was worth all waiting. Where was the new theming on Flight of Fear? All they did was put in some new lights and then they turned the lights out in the main ride building (so it was a true dark ride)... The fountains look great -- however, I think it'll be better to go on a Wednesday morning, when it's rainy, during the summer.

I can't wait for this season.

I got there around 5:15, when cars were lined up to Aces and Eights (by Kings Mills Road) to get into the north entrance. I went to Passenger Pickup/Dropoff and got off there. I must say, the metal detectors weren't bad. I went straight to Delirium, where I waited for around an hour. The ride was very short, but I'm sure they will lengthen it (I hope). I went to Subway, my friends got some stuff, and then I went to Skyline. After that I checked out the line for Scooby and decided it was too long, so I went to ride SpongeBob. SpongeBob was enjoyable, but I'm not so sure I'd ride it again. I rode Face/Off and then decided to go get in line for Scooby and wait it out. It was so much fun! I don't think all the sensors were working yet, but it was much more enjoyable than Phantom Theater. OK...LaRosa's pizza got SO MUCH better this year. It wasn't cardboard...mmm. Then I went home.

pki guy:

Vortex was not in operation.

well i rode Vortex so it was in operation, it just happened to be down at the moment i saw it.

i was there at 4:00 and at around 4:30 the people were lining up behind the "AREA CLOSED" gate blocking the path to Action Zone. I was at the front of the line.. so when it opened I got the first ride and it was sweet.

-zoid

Did anyone see that fight in line for Delirium? I don't know the full story, but some lady slammed some other ladies head into the queue railing. Put a nice looking knot on her head, it was pretty entertaining. It's nice to see some live WWF type stuff while in line, better than that tv.

Delirium was pretty cool, btw.