Canada's Wonderland

For any of you dieing to see a POV of WMG, CoasterForce has posted a FULL HD *and legal* POV of the ride. You can see that the ride is clearly incomplete as there is wood still covering holes in the mountain. Also, just as the train enters the mountain, you can see the general set-up of the ride.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Canada's Wonderland will be removing SkyRider after the end of this season.

From their Facebook page.

After almost 23 million riders, and 29 years, Canada’s Wonderland will be saying goodbye to the iconic stand-up looping roller coaster, SkyRider, on September 1, 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/CanadasWonderland/posts/10152349914303924

• Like 3

Consider me saddened. SkyRider was a good 50% of my excitement for going to Canada's Wonderland this year (before the trip was cancelled.) I'm not being sarcastic--I thought it looked like a great ride, and it would have been awesome to ride something that similar to King Cobra.

Maybe, somehow, that ride's going to be relocated to Dorney Park...? Eh?

• Like 2

That stinks that SkyRider is being removed. I never got a chance to ride King Cobra (well, I almost did, but that story is for another day...) and one of the reasons I been wanting to get up to Canada's Wonderland is to ride SkyRider as it seems to be an exact clone (or close to an exact clone) of King Cobra. Oh well... :(

• Like 1

This coaster will forever remain apart of my memory of coasters that really stood out to me at a young age. I remember seeing this stand-up coaster before King Cobra actually, and I went to KI long before CW. I'll never forget standing there in awe staring at this coaster and wishing I was tall enough to ride it, but alas I was not at the age of 7 going on 8.

I got to go back to the park in 2008 while visiting my family and didn't quite get the chance to ride this. My cousins were not a fan of this coaster and at the time I didn't really think about branching off and trying all the coasters. Now I wish I had gotten to.

Oh well. Sad to hear this really. Before we know it, there will be no more Togo coasters left. Although not the greatest manufacturer of coasters, I can appreciate the innovation with the first real stand-up coasters they brought into the world.

Makes me wonder what they will put in its place since this coaster has a rather small footprint.

• Like 3

Canada's Wonderland has quietly announced their 2015 addition today:

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what-s-new/new-for-2015-typhoon-splash-station

In case this is an accidental posting and is taken down, here you go:

Vaughan, ON (August 14, 2014) – As the thrills hit peak season at Canada’s Wonderland,we are launching 2015 Season Pass sales with a free visit and Fast Lane Plus offer for this year. For a limited time, guests that purchase a 2015 Season Pass, at our guaranteed lowest price of $69.99, will receive a complimentary visit this season. For those renewing their current Season Passes, they will receive one free Fast Lane Plus ticket that is also good for this season.

Canada’s Wonderland is also getting more spash-tacular! New for the 2015 season,Splash Works will be home to Typhoon, a thrilling new water slide featuring oscillating funnels and hairpin turns! As well, the 20-acre water park will introduce Splash Station, a wet and wild interactive children’s play area. Both new additions will join The Plunge, Super Soaker, the Lazy River, and many more of our water attractions that make Splash Works one of Canada’s largest water parks.

I didn't even think about this, but that is a Fast Lane Plus for the whole day I assume, not a Front of the line pass for 1 ride, which is how I first read it) That does change things up significantly, I wonder if those are good for the Haunt.

anyhoo, another fear or perhaps thought, what is the motivation for trying to push attendance higher with lower admittance costs? What is the drive for adding incentives to increase season pass sales in the fall (vs buying them at Christmas time or in the spring)? Are they trying to grease attendance numbers to shine things up for a sale? Seems like they should be getting around to announcing KI's season ticket promotion soon. Perhaps next week after the Carowinds announcement?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...