Cedar Point OSU Day and Opening Day

coasterfanatic83

For OSU Day and Opening Day up in Sandusky, TTD-120-420 went up to enjoy the park before he leaves for Virginia again this summer. Here are some points from the trip!

• The new Gemini Midway looks phenomenal. Especially at night. Beautifully done!
  • Lake Erie Eagles are fun! This was my first flying eagles experience, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. I now understand why everyone enjoys them so much! I noticed very little snapping though. Also, these things are a capacity nightmare.
  • Many rides were down throughout the weekend, including Gatekeeper and Raptor all day Friday. I expect there were some certification issues, and I understand that it is the first weekend, but there was a lot of downtime this weekend. Surprisingly, Top Thrill Dragster seemed to only have a couple of small spurts of downtime while I was there.
  • Happy Friar makes me happier than it should.
  • Chickie's and Pete's did not impress me. The fries were very different, and I can see why people like them, but I was not a fan. I also had the lobster cheesesteak. The lack of silverware and vegetables also threw me off. Again, I can see why people are a fan of this place, but it is not for me. The service was very good though.
  • I won a tweetup coin on opening day! It is a Blue Streak 50th anniversary coin!
  • FunTV was entertaining while in line. They did a good job with that, other than playing the same songs in every line all weekend.
  • Cedar Point's Dodgems are much better than Kings Island's. We had many good sessions on those this weekend.
  • Maverick is amazing. I missed that ride this winter!

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

• Like 5

No, it is whoever finds Tony first and shows him the tweet he sent out. He usually hints at his location or tells you where to find him, and the first people who find him get whatever prizes he has on him for that day. The rules and other information can be found here: https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/tweetup-rules?mobile=0

• Like 2