Your First Upside Down Coaster?

The first Coaster I ever rode was also my first "upside down" Coaster. The Wabash Cannonball at the late, great, Opryland.

Me, too. (Not my first ever coaster, though. That would be The New Sensation at Camden Park, before I was born).

Sigh.

My dad made me ride the Wabash Cannonball with my mentally challenged Aunt. He proceeded not to. She was not amused.

• Like 8

My thing about getting myself on Vortex wasn't the inversions, it was the size. I first rode in the mid-90s as well, and it was then the tallest coaster in the park. I always remember trying to see it after I caught a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower coming up I-71. That 148 ft lift and that swooping curve over Rivertown can be pretty intimidating when you're younger than 10.

• Like 6

The first Coaster I ever rode was also my first "upside down" Coaster. The Wabash Cannonball at the late, great, Opryland.

Me, too. (Not my first ever coaster, though. That would be The New Sensation at Camden Park, before I was born).

Sigh.

My dad made me ride the Wabash Cannonball with my mentally challenged Aunt. He proceeded not to. She was not amused.

Well I am joining his crowd as well. Wabash Cannonball was my first upside down coaster and I was terrified at the sigh of it. Earlier in the day my Dad and Uncle were stuck on the lift hill while I watched from the stack of cannonballs. Only built the anticipation knowing is was ridding once they got off.

Opryland is where I fell in love with amusement parks and still holds a place in my heart.

• Like 3

Well, Vortex of course! I went to Kings Island with my dad when I was twelve, I think. I was afraid of roller coasters before it and I could only manage to ride Flight Deck...err, The Bat. One day, I decided to be a daredevil and said to my dad I wanted to ride some bigger roller coasters. So, we did. We started off with the normal The Bat ride and then I anxiously got in line for Vortex. My dad said it was "smooth" (total BS) so I believed him, rode it, and from there on I kept riding more and more. Really, though, inversions aren't bad at all. I don't see why I, and a lot of people, were/are so scared of them.

• Like 7

Vortex was the first coaster with inversions on which I opened my eyes. Before that had just ridden two coasters with inversions on which I closed my eyes: Screamin Demon and Corkscrew. ( Cedar Point.)

• Like 1