May 12th - summer-like weather with typical early-season crowds

Oldiesmann

As I expected, today was a great day for rides. Even with it being a Math & Science Day, the longest I waited for most rides was 15-20 minutes (the only exception was Firehawk, which was a 45-minute wait due to them only running one side at the time). I even had time for a leisurely stroll through DA (glad it's free for gold/platinum now) and a nice mini coaster marathon at the end of the night, cramming in 6 Banshee rides, 4 Bat rides, a Beast ride and 3 Diamondback rides in just 2 1/2 hours.

Today also gave me a couple of new experiences - a lights-on FoF ride and a solo Bat ride (still have no idea how that happened, but it was cool being the only one on the train). It is apparently also possible to dispatch a Bat train before the other train gets back (this was the ride right before my solo ride, when only 4 people were on the train).

Other trip notes:

WindSeeker was down most of the day due to wind

Apparently the policy on DB is to buckle seatbelts in empty seats as well - not sure why

I almost witnessed someone taking a walk of shame on Zephyr (first time I've seen that happen on that ride)

While on Dodgem, they had to stop the ride so they could go tell some lady to put her cell phone up - after making the typical "put your electronic devices up" announcement twice (I'm surprised she didn't get kicked off the ride for that)

• Like 5

As I expected, today was a great day for rides. Even with it being a Math & Science Day, the longest I waited for most rides was 15-20 minutes (the only exception was Firehawk, which was a 45-minute wait due to them only running one side at the time). I even had time for a leisurely stroll through DA (glad it's free for gold/platinum now) and a nice mini coaster marathon at the end of the night, cramming in 6 Banshee rides, 4 Bat rides, a Beast ride and 3 Diamondback rides in just 2 1/2 hours.

Today also gave me a couple of new experiences - a lights-on FoF ride and a solo Bat ride (still have no idea how that happened, but it was cool being the only one on the train). It is apparently also possible to dispatch a Bat train before the other train gets back (this was the ride right before my solo ride, when only 4 people were on the train).

Other trip notes:

WindSeeker was down most of the day due to wind

Apparently the policy on DB is to buckle seatbelts in empty seats as well - not sure why

I almost witnessed someone taking a walk of shame on Zephyr (first time I've seen that happen on that ride)

While on Dodgem, they had to stop the ride so they could go tell some lady to put her cell phone up - after making the typical "put your electronic devices up" announcement twice (I'm surprised she didn't get kicked off the ride for that)

The train can dispatch but it will climb the lift slow and speed up after the next train clears the brakes. If the train does not clear the brakes in time the lift will stop holding the train from going over until the next block is clear.

• Like 1