Hotels

Pbmcd

I've stayed at the Microtel that is near The Beach Waterpark twice for when I have went to the park the entire weekend. It's not an upscale hotel by any means but its' clean and the rooms are decent, and rates are cheap.

• Like 3

I live 45 minutes away from park so have not stayed at any hotel except one, The Kirkwood. I loved it! It isn't a high dollar place but there is a historic house that they serve an amazing breakfast and a nice pool. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. There is also is a nice little garden you can walk through. You can watch the park fireworks from the pool or balconies too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember the name...but it's a nice hotel for a good price. It's about 10 minutes from the park, and as I'm not familiar with the area I don't know if we went North, South, East, or West but I remember passing a car dealership(or at least signs to one) but it's near Steak N Shake, other hotels, and other restaurants. Sorry this is very bad information, just trying to be a little bit of help! Good luck and have fun at the park! :)

I can't remember the name...but it's a nice hotel for a good price. It's about 10 minutes from the park, and as I'm not familiar with the area I don't know if we went North, South, East, or West but I remember passing a car dealership(or at least signs to one) but it's near Steak N Shake, other hotels, and other restaurants. Sorry this is very bad information, just trying to be a little bit of help! Good luck and have fun at the park! :)

This may be the aforementioned hotel. ^^^^

This may be the aforementioned hotel. ^^^^

Possibly! I'm trying to get in touch with my aunt and ask her what it's called but she's very slow at responding!

I can remember that there was a huge awning that you could park under to load/unload. It was ran by a Midde Eastern couple. Like I said, I'm trying to get in touch with my aunt to find out for sure. I know that the SnS was about a 5-10 minute drive away. It was sort of at a dead in but there were multiple hotels in the area, as you said.

GOT IT! It's the Econo Lodge at 5232 Bardes Road. The reviews on tripadvisor are giving it terrible reviews, but honestly I thought it was nice.

There's a Super 8 right up the road as well. Being a local, I have no idea how good it is, but many people stayed there for Media Day / opening weekend, so it can't be that bad.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

I stayed there last year for opening day. I personally found my bed to be extremely uncomfortable, hence why I spent extra points to stay at the Microtel Inn instead this year.

• Like 2

Online reviews make me believe my experience was the exception, but I had a pretty decent room at the Kings Island Resort the night before Media Day. The staff friendliness left a little to be desired, but the room was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I could hear most noises in the downstairs bathroom through the vent in my bathroom... That was a little weird.

• Like 1

Old Terp stays some mighty strange places and has for years. He won't be making a KI motel recommendation. Let's just say he's stayed the same place for years. It's quiet. It's safe. It's insanely cheap. ($35 for a weeknight). It's in a place many here would consider an iffy neighborhood. It's about 10 miles from the park. And he's stayed there 5 nights this year...so far.

• Like 2

The Super 8 near the park is a dump. Uncomfortable bed, crappy AC and the room reeked of mildew because of the heavily stained and sagging ceiling.

We just stayed at the nearby LaQuinta last night and it was no better. The ENTIRE building reeks of Cig smoke, uncomfortable beds. Our room was not even completely cleaned before we arrived.

• Like 3