Did we see the birth of a new tasty tradition at KI?

BoddaH1994

IMG_4243.jpg

You may have noticed a new tasty treat around Kings Island this year. The "Fudge Push Pop" was invented in-house by a long-time employee who created many of the flavors of fudge sold in Kings Island's Fudge Shop to this day.

Don't be fooled - these aren't frozen. They're actually made of the same fudge that's found in the shop. The container allowed for more creativity with the presentation and flavors as well as the ability to more easily take it home to share with friends and family.

You'll notice some differences between this and the fudge. Mainly it's the varieties available. If you look at the photo above, the simple "fudge" flavor is sprinkled with M&M's and there's even a Ice Cream Sundae flavor! Oh, and the cherry on top of the Ice Cream Sundae flavor? Cherry-flavored fudge!

This is definitely something you'll want to check out on your next visit to Kings Island. They are available in limited locations immediately but should be available at almost all merchandise stores at the park within the next week. Enjoy!

• Like 16

Considering what happened when I neglected my blue cone for a couple minutes trying to juggle it and my phone to take a pic of the noodle (the ice cream started melting everywhere, luckily my tank top was the same color as the ice cream) I think maybe I will have to try out the fudge version.

• Like 3

Always loved KI's fudge ( better than CP's and they have great fudge) but, my word, in the past few years, it seems like I have had to mortgage my home to pay for it-the price has nearly tripled in the past few years. However compared to the current price of a 1/4 lb piece of fudge $5 seems less pricy for this new treat. Cannot really tell how big the portion is unless I see it in person. At any rate looks plum tasty.

• Like 1

Always loved KI's fudge ( better than CP's and they have great fudge) but, my word, in the past few years, it seems like I have had to mortgage my home to pay for it-the price has nearly tripled in the past few years. However compared to the current price of a 1/4 lb piece of fudge $5 seems less pricy for this new treat. Cannot really tell how big the portion is unless I see it in person. At any rate looks plum tasty.

They're as large as they look in the photo. $5 is a decent price, compared to other similar candy options based on the size. I can't wait to hear what you and everybody else thinks once they try them!

Seriously, fudge is the only thing my ex would buy me at the park last year. Stuff was delicious. Now that she's gone, more fidge for me! Aha! The single life...

I like your attitude. :)

Seriously, go for those buckeyes on International Street. The satisfying taste replaces the loneliness in my soul. You won't even notice the lingering depression and regret.

I'm kidding, maybe.

• Like 4

Seriously, fudge is the only thing my ex would buy me at the park last year. Stuff was delicious. Now that she's gone, more fidge for me! Aha! The single life...

I like your attitude. :)

Seriously, go for those buckeyes on International Street. The satisfying taste replaces the loneliness in my soul. You won't even notice the lingering depression and regret.

I'm kidding, maybe.

But hey... with those Fudge Push Pops you can stock up for a few days. I mean, it's not like you can necessarily go and buy one every day. You've gotta stockpile.

• Like 1

They're as large as they look in the photo. $5 is a decent price, compared to other similar candy options based on the size. I can't wait to hear what you and everybody else thinks once they try them!

Which on my screen is only 2" tall! :P

Seriously, though! I can't wait to try my fave, which is the Dreamsicle -- and it looks like they've included an "orange slice" on top!

• Like 2

Stuff like this, I like! Each park needs it's own feel, for rides, for food, for entertainment, for scenery! I feel things will keep changing for the better for KI and CF as a whole, at least as long as Ouimet is in charge!

Something I think that would be cool is if Cf took a Wizarding World of Harry Potter approach and gave the Peanuts gang their own special drink line, that can't be found at any other place than a CF amusement park. (granted this is uni-formal, but I think it would be cool!)

• Like 2

Looks like you lost out on the chance for a rich wife-I mean if she could afford to buy fudge all the time she had to be rich at those prices.

Note: was trying to quote Miythandria's post above.

Stuff like this, I like! Each park needs it's own feel, for rides, for food, for entertainment, for scenery! I feel things will keep changing for the better for KI and CF as a whole, at least as long as Ouimet is in charge!

Something I think that would be cool is if Cf took a Wizarding World of Harry Potter approach and gave the Peanuts gang their own special drink line, that can't be found at any other place than a CF amusement park. (granted this is uni-formal, but I think it would be cool!)

Butterbeer worked because it was already a thing in the source material. You read the books and see it in the movie and are like, "I wonder what that tastes like!". Same thing with Duff Beer that's at USO now. Disney has tried to copy its success, but it's just not going to work unless it's something people already want. There's nothing in the Peanuts universe I can think of that is quite like Butterbeer.

Now, blue ice cream soda, on the other hand...

• Like 1

This idea is brilliant! Congrats to the inventor.

And five dollars isn't too much, considering the cost that goes into making fudge.

Fudge is one of the few things I can make (along with funnel cakes and caramel) and the price of the ingredients has skyrocketed.

• Like 1