Did we see the birth of a new tasty tradition at KI?

BoddaH1994

This idea is brilliant! Congrats to the inventor.

And five dollars isn't too much, considering the cost that goes into making fudge.

Fudge is one of the few things I can make (along with funnel cakes and caramel) and the price of the ingredients has skyrocketed.

The fudge is very expensive to make, but the whole 'push pop' contraption ain't cheap either, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I have a confession- I once used ten pounds of sugar on cake decoration- I did the lot- fudge, marzipan, fondant, caramel, and a VW bug of cake and fondant on top, just to keep another family from barging in on my niece's graduation party, and having them put their kid's name on the cake. There was no room, the whole cake was a cavalcade of 60's toys made of sugar.

At the time, I said "Let's have this big blowout, because some day we may not be able to afford it.", and brother, was I right.

Five dollars for KI Fudge is fair in today's economy. The holder is a plus, no more dropped crumbs and mess. Fudge is too precious to waste.

• Like 3

This is one of my wishes for the park! They have at least one food vendor sell a no sugar added or a sugar free treat! I know there are many diabetics that go to the park and I for one would be willing to pay extra to have ice cream with my child or fudge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Only problem with fudge push pop, it is a bit hard to eat. One threading it through is a bit more difficult than say an ice cream pushpop obviously. Two you can't really scoop it away, you moreover use your teeth to knaw a section off or my preference using the top front teeth to scrape some off. Last, it's pretty rich, still haven't even finished one.

I have a confession- I once used ten pounds of sugar on cake decoration- I did the lot- fudge, marzipan, fondant, caramel, and a VW bug of cake and fondant on top, just to keep another family from barging in on my niece's graduation party, and having them put their kid's name on the cake. There was no room, the whole cake was a cavalcade of 60's toys made of sugar.

At the time, I said "Let's have this big blowout, because some day we may not be able to afford it.", and brother, was I right.

Five dollars for KI Fudge is fair in today's economy. The holder is a plus, no more dropped crumbs and mess. Fudge is too precious to waste.

Only 10 pounds? :)

960276_10203058530764562_529836763_n.jpg

This is the Cake I made for my Sisters Wedding. Used 26 pounds of sugar in it.

It also contained:

136,000 calories

20 pounds of Butter

8 pounds of Flour

48 Eggs

Half a gallon of Cream

2 pounds of Chocolate

4 jars of Raspberry preserves

Plus all the little ingredients.

Fudge is also not expensive to make especially now that it is primarily composed of Corn Syrup.

It is labor intensive though.

And Fudge, while warm, is very workable and depending on the recipe, can be pourable as well.

• Like 9

Mix together 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can also use peanut butter chips or half and half), 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes, stirring twice during cooking and again when done. Immediately pour into 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan and refrigerate until set.

You're welcome.

Mix together 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can also use peanut butter chips or half and half), 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 3 to 5 minutes, stirring twice during cooking and again when done. Immediately pour into 8-inch-by-8-inch baking pan and refrigerate until set.

You're welcome.

Again, depending on the recipe.

You can also make a cake by opening a box and adding oil and an egg but just like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it.

There are shortcuts to everything.

• Like 1

In the past, you can also get a large cup of ice water in the fudge shop on a hot day. I haven't needed one yet this season but has always been my go to instead of the baby cups you get everywhere else. You could also get a free sample of fudge, we sometimes buy fudge for the ride home, I think the kids will need a fudge pop next visit ( especially this one).

• Like 3

Only 10 pounds? :)

960276_10203058530764562_529836763_n.jpg

This is the Cake I made for my Sisters Wedding. Used 26 pounds of sugar in it.

It also contained:

136,000 calories

20 pounds of Butter

8 pounds of Flour

48 Eggs

Half a gallon of Cream

2 pounds of Chocolate

4 jars of Raspberry preserves

Plus all the little ingredients.

Fudge is also not expensive to make especially now that it is primarily composed of Corn Syrup.

And Fudge, while warm, is very workable and depending on the recipe, can be pourable as well.

That! is lovely. Hard corners are difficult for me, and painting, and flowers, too, to be honest. Is the 'K' royal icing?

What a lot of beautiful work.

I guess I should've mentioned mine was a half a sheet cake. it looked like the inside of a claw machine

• Like 4

Well, came home from a friend's house and my sister, who had been to KI 2 days ago (I didn't go for this particular trip), had gotten one of these push pops (Blue Ice Cream Flavor) and still had some left and thus I can confirm- these new treats sure as tasty. Kudos to the park employee who thought this up. ;)

• Like 4

FYI -

The fudge push pops are now buy 2 get 1 FREE!

That's in addition to the 10% off for Gold and Platinum pass holders!

$4.99 x 2 = $9.98

- 10% = $8.99 (Gold and Platinum pass discount)

Then buy 2, get one discount:

$8.99 / 3 ~ $3 each!!! + tax

Best deal in the house!!

Please note: this post is for information only. It is not intended to be information on behalf of Kings Island or the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Pricing and product availability are subject to change. For official information, please contact Kings Island.

• Like 5

Yeah, well, they may or they may not be, depending on whether the person working that day has been trained how to do it or not. The first time I bought some, I was just going to get one, but I was told they were buy two get one free so I bought three. I really liked it, and decided to get some for me and some to take home to my husband each time I visited the park again this summer.

The last two times I've been there, I've asked first whether they are still 3 for 2. Even though I have been told "yes" or "I am pretty sure", once I am at the register (and they can't figure out what voo-doo to perform), I am told "oh, I guess they aren't."

The first time that happened I tried explaining to the young woman on the register how the (I guess) manager, who told me about the sale the first time I visited, (she's been the only one over 30 working any of these times I went) told the young woman working that day to ring them up (just ring up two and ignore the third: it's not rocket science, but not intuitive either I suppose). The encounter took a full ten minutes, and even though she had conferred and gotten agreement from the young man working that they were supposed to be 3 for 2, I ended up with the impression she thought I was trying to steal from her and get her in trouble when I told her how it was done last time, and finally was told point blank "you just have to pay for all three". I ended up just buying one, although I felt later like I should have probably put all three back because I don't like being made to feel like I'm trying to scam someone.

The second time I went in, asked, got an "I think so", grabbed three, waited at the register for five minutes behind one other customer, the employee tap tapped away for a bit and said "I guess they're not still." I learned my lesson the time before, so I left it at that, and just bought one.

• Like 1

KI fudge was always incredible, these new innovations of fudge looks great. Makes me wonder with that big hotel/water park open 365 days a year that a version of a Downtown Kingsisland could work, with a fudge shop, restaurants to bring in 365/ days a year traffic, and a resort hotel on KI land, but great for fudge that innovation is happening:

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, I think they are gone :( They have a stand in the under $10 shop (clearance shop) at the Coney Mall, but it only has Peanut Butter and Orange left. The fudge shop has none, and an empty case-top where the stand for them was. I haven't asked yet (because they've been busy and I'm sure I'll get the typical "I don't know" answer). I don't want to know for sure, because that might kill all hope.

If they're gone for good, I will certainly miss them.

• Like 1

Sadly, I think they are gone :( They have a stand in the under $10 shop (clearance shop) at the Coney Mall, but it only has Peanut Butter and Orange left. The fudge shop has none, and an empty case-top where the stand for them was. I haven't asked yet (because they've been busy and I'm sure I'll get the typical "I don't know" answer). I don't want to know for sure, because that might kill all hope.

If they're gone for good, I will certainly miss them.

Inside info: the plastic things are back ordered. They'll be restocked by the weekend, barring outside restrictions.
  • Like 4