PKI April 11th

CoasterKrazy

I went as well last night ( Friday, April 11th ) and had a horrible time. Pass processing was probably the best part of the night. The metal detecters weren't bad at all and processing was quick and painless. Of course, the rest of the night was beyond comparison to any other trip I've had to PKI.

In the five hours that my friend and I were there, we got in two rides. Beast and Flight of Fear. We waited in line for Tomb Raider: The Ride for about 15 minutes, but then we waited another 45 because it was broken down. I was looking around the line, and there is actually less themeing than what was there last year. The diamond in the wall as you enter the tomb was removed, and the lights that usually shine on it weren't working. Many of the "ruins" have been picked at by the General Public, and are now showing their foam interior. In the giant Budah room, several chains and other peices of scenery have been removed. Didn't get to ride the ride, so I don't know what it's like inside now.

We eventually left the queue, and went to Beast. At the time we rode, about 6:30, it was running all three trains. I've been pretty much habituated to Beast, and it wasn't very exicting at all. In the queue, the "Front of Train" line has been cut off with a new barrier. Anyone know why?

After Beast we headed to La Rosas for some pizza, but the line was extremely long, so we went over to Vortex. It was broken down and people were being evacuated from the lift hill. I would have LOVED to do that, but I was too late. Flight of Fear, our last ride of the evening, was next. We had a two hour wait and just as we got on the ride, it broke down. The ride ops had to push the train forward about 5 feet into the station, I guess to align the LIMS or something, because they had tried to launch it three times in a row, and nothing happened.

FOF was pretty good, and I thank God they removed the OTSR. It was very fast and very intesne. As far as new themeing, there wasn't any I saw. The "hanger" was EXTREMELY dirty and a thick layer of dust covered everything. Cups and other trash were thrown on top of the flying saucer, not to mention that it seemed like everyone in line felt the need to peel paint from anything they could get their hands on. Something really needs to be done with Flight of Fear's queue.

Coney Mall was really crowded and Racer and Adventure Express had very long lines. Bubba Gumps was not open, but looks like it will be good. We went to Festhaus to eat, and waited in line there as well. I can't believe how expensive food is now at PKI. I know that they aren't a charity and have to make money, but $11 for pizza and fries is too mcuh in my opinion. Heck, barbeque packets are $.71 each! I think I'll start eating out of the park now to save money.

Overall, the park was very crowded, capacity was horrible, and I thought it was much dirtier than I have ever seen it. The new fountains are nice, but the lights weren't on and I never saw the sequence change, it was just all the fountains on. I think PKI should have taken an extra week or two to get things working and clean. Hopefully, the park will be ready next weekend.