Thunderbird has launched!

^ What do you mean? If they have the trademark, then they must have plans to use it. Trademarks must be used to be retained.

EDIT: http://www.trademarkia.com/holiday-world-hotel-85392870.html Filed August 2011, published for opposition October of same year. Currently on its fifth extension, whatever that means, as of two months ago.

• Like 2

Yes, I stand corrected. My legal vocabulary isn't quite as extensive as many on here. In fact, Terpy has explained this to me before (probably more than once), I just can't memorize the term for it. Would it be a service mark?

But yeah, I've posted about that *trademark (*yes, its not technically a trademark) for a hotel before. And no one has really said much about it. I can see it as a real possibility considering that the closest hotel of reasonable size is in Ferdinand (like 10 minutes away.) Also, I believe that Koch Development Co. owns a significant amount of land that across the highway that runs parallel to Voyage. Its currently just a large open field. This would be a prime location for a hotel IMO. Or somewhere connecting to their gigantic parking lot. Does someone know anything about *trademark extensions? Is there a point in extending it if there are no plans to use it?

• Like 5

^Ah okay, this makes sense. Probably more sense than the construction of a hotel itself. Upon further though, I don't know if a hotel would be wise at this point. The park just doesn't have enough draw yet. Also, what would there be for people to do after park hours? Nothing. Because the park is kind of in the middle of nowhere. If HW were in a suburb or a large city, as Mason is to Cincinnati, things would be different. Location, location, location.

^ There are no full scale hotels close to the park, making multi-day trips inconvenient for many of those who live far away.

Also, anything to make the area more of a year-round destination would be beneficial to seasonal employees in the area.

• Like 1

It is possible to organize the hotel in a manor that would offer enough attractions to visiting guests to keep them occupied when the park is closed, multiple restaraunts (buffet, family style and perhaps something a little nice), put put and/or video arcade to keep the kids busy, a stage for live shows, etc... If they were just building a hotel, I agree that the park isn't big enough to entice people to stay multiple days with regularity, however if they build a hotel with built in attractions, they give parents an incentive to show up on a saturday, leave on a sunday and visit the park both days of their trip while enjoying the ammenitites of the hotel in the evening.

Just thought of this because of day 2's video. They show the water park and the pool is the "sea" they are sailing on. I took this as a hint that they are moving away ("sailing away") from the water park and looking for "dry land" and working to add something on the dry side of the park. I am most likely wrong but I just thought of it while watching the video.

• Like 5

I find it amazing they can add another Thanksgiving ride. Thanksgiving - the holiday where you sit down and eat food while watching football - has been turned into a large section of the park with multiple rides...what else can they do?

I find it amazing they can add another Thanksgiving ride. Thanksgiving - the holiday where you sit down and eat food while watching football - has been turned into a large section of the park with multiple rides...what else can they do?

That's the Americanized Thanksgiving not the true spirit of the holiday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Before I make my guess, I'd like to say that I really like this "66 Days at Sea" teaser for 2015; it reminds me a bit of the teasers for Banshee. From looking at the clues so far, I first thought it might be a launched family water coaster, but it could really been anything as its only Day 3 and we've got 64 days until the announcement.

Is it possible to "Americanize" an American holiday?

razmataz, curious

• Like 9

It still doesn't make sense for a large area of a theme park, really. Especially now that there's two Mayflower themed rides, two turkey themed rides, and possibly a new Thanksgiving ride.

Well- worth remembering is this is Holiday World, where ALL of their themed sections, save Splashin' Safari and Holidog's Funtown, are Holiday based. And the Thanksgiving area just happens to be the easiest one to expand in the "dry" park, as there are many large clearings to use. Plus, they aren't exactly the most conventional park in the world- which gives them some of their charm. And there could be more to the Thanksgiving section than Turkeys and Boats- what about the Native Americans, who are also supposed to be a large part of this Holiday? Or- crazy longshot- a roller coaster themed to FOOTBALL. :P (I would not put it past Holiday World- they have done some crazy stuff in the past- for example, when they added the free drinks in 2000, people thought then that they were pretty crazy and that's worked wonders for them.) Though the recent hints suggest this could be a bird-themed ride, which could work, and possibly be a flying coaster.

• Like 1

Is it possible to "Americanize" an American holiday?

razmataz, curious

I doubt that the Pilgrims watched the Cowboys and Lions during the first Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

Off the top of my head: what if it's whatever announcement Dan was planning when the theme for Holiwood Nights originally was "Big" last year (or was it the year before? I don't remember. It was whatever year that Lori won the court battle and ousted Dan.) With the way Rhinoblaster quickly changed names to Hyena Falls and Holiwood Nights went from being themed to the movie Big to being themed after nothing at all, I got the impression that Dan was making decisions and promises not many others in management liked. So maybe this is somehow going to reuse the attraction that was originally going to be announced at Holiwood Nights that year?