Thunderbird has launched!

Did anyone on here go to Holiwood Nights? I mean, surely one of us did. I have heard absolutely nothing from anyone aI would have thought if they wanted to build hype for a new coaster, they would have at least hinted at the new construction or even a tour or something idk. What's most shocking to me is that seemingly no one on here has talked about it in a TR or an update or anything of the sort.

I went to the event. They really didn't hype it up too much. But I did talk to Matt for a little while and I asked him if Mayflower is connected with the new ride for 2015 and also if they had something planned for 2016 as well. He chuckled and said maybe. He said all will be found out at the end of the 66 days with a big smile. He said it will be like Christmas in July. I don't know what it will be but they seemed pretty excited if you asked them personally but there wasn't a major announcement unless they did one right at the beginning of the dinner buffet. We missed the beginning by about 20 minutes.

• Like 3

Guest FersureShelbi

Is the number of passengers reported in the log important to what the announcement will be?

Day 15:

"We count one hundred plus two passengers on board."

• Like 2

Are there any feasable way to make a combination coaster where Pilgrims Plunge once stood? Visited the park today, and I would be shocked if they do not reuse the PP building in some way. The splash pool is still filled, and that station is just way too nice and new to rip down. And if they were going to rip it down, I think they would have done it by now.

Is the number of passengers reported in the log important to what the announcement will be?

Day 15:

"We count one hundred plus two passengers on board."

102 foot tall coaster? Please, no. I want something bigger.

Bigger isn't always better.

• Like 5

^
Well, that pretty much ends any speculation I'd have on this NOT being a roller coaster (I seriously doubt it's a Splashin' Safari addition now- and it'll 99% be in the Thanksgiving section IMO). So now...

1995: The Raven

2000: The Legend

2006: The Voyage

2015: ???

...what will ??? be? Yet ANOTHER woodie? The park's first large steel coaster? Hmm...this will be interesting...

• Like 5

^
Yeah, true...d'oh. If all this is just for some random waterslide that happens to go over Voyage, I'd be kind of bummed. Then again, Holiday World themselves once did a super-big tease that turned out to be Kima Bay...

• Like 2

I don't know why but my mind made this connection. Discovery was also a name of a NASA space shuttle. I'm 100% sure that has nothing to do with the new attraction but I have heard those space shuttles produce some wild rides... :P

• Like 2