Thunderbird has launched!

Guest FersureShelbi

What about Oceanus?

"And now we are one hundred and three. A boy child was born early this morning and named Oceanus by parents Stephen and Elizabeth. For one so tiny, he is quite loud. Many of the children cover their ears during his wailing."

• Like 3

Is the number of passengers reported in the log important to what the announcement will be?

Day 15:

"We count one hundred plus two passengers on board."

102 foot tall coaster? Please, no. I want something bigger.

Bigger isn't always better.

Exception for Maverick.

BB7, hoping Holiday World gets a launched Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter.

BB7, hoping Holiday World gets a launched Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter.

I really hope this doesn't come to fruition. Low capacity + coasters that track poorly + inevitable downtime = no bueno.

On a sidenote, are there any other good clues besides the B&M coaster footing pattern we saw when the shredded paper in the media boxes was reassembled? 66 days seems like a lot of work and a lot of filler to throw in for an announcement that may be setting some people up for anticipointment.

• Like 2

So Episode 5 of their Hard Hat Chronicles has something very interesting. If you watch this video all the way to the end, past the bloopers, you get a glimpse of what I assume is the construction site for the 2015 project:

Now what could require them to excavate an area like that? Hmmmmmmm............

• Like 3

What about Oceanus?

"And now we are one hundred and three. A boy child was born early this morning and named Oceanus by parents Stephen and Elizabeth. For one so tiny, he is quite loud. Many of the children cover their ears during his wailing."

That bold Sentence makes me feel like it will be a B&M, With no sand in the track, Hence "Wailing" And "Covering there ears"

• Like 2

What about Oceanus?

I should also point out that this entry is historically accurate. See: http://mayflowerhistory.com/hopkins-oceanus/

• Like 3

I haven't been following along all that closely, but from what I've read here, I honestly wouldn't take anything they've said as a clue to the new ride yet. So far most of what's been mentioned has been based on actual facts about the real Mayflower (102 passengers, 66 days at sea, etc.). Some things may be hints, but nothing I've seen so far seems obvious.

• Like 2

Guest FersureShelbi

What about Oceanus?

I should also point out that this entry is historically accurate. See: http://mayflowerhistory.com/hopkins-oceanus/

I did not know this. That is actually kinda cool.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FersureShelbi

I check the website as soon as I wake up in the morning to see the clue then check here for speculation but no one is talking so. The drawing on day 24 had my very interested.

The only thing I can really think of is more along the lines of these days not being information teasers on the new ride but more like a voyage through the park leading up to the announcement and how they got to this point in history. If that makes sense.

• Like 2

I've avoided speculating myself so far, but I can no longer avoid it. Today's entry has me convinced that this has something to do with a wooden coaster. It could be an overhaul of Voyage, or a all-new fourth woodie. I'm leaning toward the latter myself.

• Like 1

True.. but a fourth coaster as intense as their other coasters would still be awesome. XD

I feel that it could be another water coaster.

Hyena falls is over in that area and it would seem odd that they planned those slides there when they were gonna expand the dry park in the Thanksgiving area.
--

• Like 1

I have a feeling this is going to be a Mack coaster. Enough to be intense for enthusiasts but calm enough for younger kids to ride. I am also starting to think that the released blueprint of the footers (If they are from the actual ride being built and not smoke and mirrors) shows the first inversion that will be built in HW.

• Like 1