Thunderbird has launched!

I like her jab at KI whether or not it's directed to KI

While we could do what other parks have done and put up a fence (which probably wouldn’t do much good anyway with that nice spectator tower)

But we have a nice spectator tower too!

It was a jab. They've said stuff like that before.

I guess what they don't realize is that the fence was LITERALLY to keep guests out of an active construction zone. Does anyone really think that no one would look through the cracks in the fence? Maybe that's why there were teasers (scarecrows) beyond the fence.

• Like 7

I feel like Holiday World has been trying to isolate themselves from the industry and be so "family friendly" that it has kinda backfired on the park when it comes to bringing in enthusiast families that would make multiple visits a year/buy season passes. I mean they haven't really done much to draw families of enthusiasts back to the park except through Holliwood Nights, which often is a one visit to the park a year because there isn't much to excite those families. The Mayflower was added this year....how many parks in a 5 hour radius already has a swinging ship? While it may draw local families, families from out of state aren't going to rush over to ride it and may not be worth multiple trips back.

Add the lack of exciting rides being installed in the park, just look at how the legal battles have made several on this site say they wouldn't be back to Holiday World for a while.

They isolated themselves from the industry by adding free sunscreen and soda a while ago as well as cleanliness but they make jabs at other parks in blogs and what not. It's a mixed view of marketing. It can be good but can also be detrimental to be seen as a park that is down on Kings Island for putting up a fence for safety. They also do teasers a lot different from other parks. Theirs are typically only web based or social media, which creates a larger audience but think about if they were to do less online, more in park....they may attract more guests.

I don't know I'm rambling at this point. Off to bed to get ready for tomorrow. Hopefully you all can decipher the points I was trying to make.

Sent from the electronic piece of equipment known as the iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

While we could do what other parks have done and put up a fence (which probably wouldn’t do much good anyway with that nice spectator tower)

I guess what they don't realize is that the fence was LITERALLY to keep guests out of an active construction zone. Does anyone really think that no one would look through the cracks in the fence? Maybe that's why there were teasers (scarecrows) beyond the fence.

Lately, there have been even more sly jabs to KI from the Holiday World team........Or at least, that's the way I see it.....

For example, recent billboards I have seen throughout parts of Indiana and Ohio that show The Voyage roller coaster with this caption: "GO BIG. NOT FAR. Nation's best wooden coaster."

To me, at least, that seems directed towards the world's longest wooden coaster.......

• Like 6

While we could do what other parks have done and put up a fence (which probably wouldnt do much good anyway with that nice spectator tower)

Lately, there have been even more sly jabs to KI from the Holiday World team........Or at least, that's the way I see it.....

For example, recent billboards I have seen throughout parts of Indiana and Ohio that show The Voyage roller coaster with this caption: "GO BIG. NOT FAR. Nation's best wooden coaster."

To me, at least, that seems directed towards the world's longest wooden coaster.......

That's not just aimed there.

There's a new 'wooden' coaster in Gurnee, Illinois.

The chain that owns it advertises:

GO BIG!

GO SIX FLAGS!

A letter from Grand Prairie, Texas may well be in the mail. I believe the legal beagles refer to it as a C&D letter.

• Like 6

Hmm...biggest investment ever. B&M-looking footers spotted. Possible inversions...though these hints don't do too much since the vast majority of B&M's line-up outside of the hyper & giga coasters (which I assume Holiday World isn't getting) feature inversions. You have...

-Classic Sit Down (not likely since these are rare and seemingly have been replaced by the Floorless models)

-Stand-Up (likely not happening since this "fad" has passed)

-Floorless (possible since there isn't one in the entire region)

-Inverted (possible but KI just got one...)

-Dive (Also possible and would likely be the tallest ride at Holiday World- surpassing Voyage- if it does happen, also would be the first of its kind in the US not at a Busch Gardens)

-Wing Rider (very possible since these are "all the rage" right now)
-Launched (would be a first for B&M, possible as well)
-4th Dimension (If Holiday World is the first park to do one of these, consider me suprised, but it's possible)

However, one thing is certain- nearly all of these would mesh well with the 3 wooden coasters already at Holiday World, as many B&M's are known for being smooth and graceful- a sharp contrast to the CCI/GG woodies.

• Like 3

I thought it was already set in the ground that we have B&M style footings.

I don't even consider this speculation. The only way it's wrong is if another manufacturer started using the exact same style cut outs in the concrete.

So let's try to catch up to speed a little bit. Construction is moving very very fast here in Spencer County.

As ware aware, we have those almond shape cutouts on all of the footers, just like we have seen with recent B&M's like Banshee.

Some of these footers are huge. And very very close to Voyage. Maybe 5 ft in some places.

Next to Hyena Falls, there are two rows of footers that look to be an ideal place for a launch. What is even more convenient is that they are erecting what looks to be a large shed, right next to the rows of footers.

My speculation:

I don't believe that Pilgrims Plunge's station has anything to do with this 2015 project anymore. This project has probably been in the works for years. PP's demolition was a relatively recent decision I would imagine. I think the station is sitting there currently simply for storage and/or they just didn't have time to get around to it before opening this season. I fully expect it to be a concrete pad come next year. The water park walkways vs drypark walkways are very awkward. I'll draw a picture later, but its just very, very awkward. Technically, the construction site is in the waterpark and not even in the Thanksgiving area. Does anyone else see the problem here?

I believe we will see B&M's very first launcher. Maybe even with multiple launches.

This last one may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm thinking tall. Just by looking at the size of these footers near Voyage in person, I have a feeling this may shock us all and be close to the 200 ft mark. I just can't think of any other reason for those footers to be that big.

• Like 5

A bit off-topic, but I found this video on Youtube of a past Holiday World coaster announcement from 1999...it's for Legend of course. I figured this would be interesting for comparison purposes to the new ride's announcement...

• Like 2

I'm actually putting my money on a dive coaster here. Its something that would be entirely unique to the area and I think the simple layouts, thus slightly less costs than the other models (in theory), would be more akin to the kind of budget Holiday World has. If it is a dive coaster, I would suspect a layout similar to Krake at Heide Park.

• Like 1

Dive coasters are just so..... Ehhhhh. After the first drop theyre basically over. If it were a dive coaster, if like to see one with at least 3 inversions and maybe even a second pause drop with a more intense ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2