Thunderbird has launched!

I didn't realize Dive Machines were that cheap. For some reason, I had them closer to $20 million. Given the existing wide concrete pool that's accessible from both parks (cough cough, splashdown), the fact that the nearest identical model is in Virginia, and the pricetag, a Dive Machine seems natural. No idea how they'd tie it into Thanksgiving, especially with the Mayflower name already taken, but I'm sure they've got something good up their sleeves no matter what ride it is.

• Like 3

The B&M Dive Machines are right in the 13-17 million dollar price range. That should be feasible for Holiday World, right?

I don't think that figure is correct. They may have cost that price in the past but everything from materials to labor to the cost of money is more expensive now.
  • Like 2

I've noticed something recently on the 66 Days diary. For a while now, the Mayflower's sails have been reefed, leaving it adrift and at the mercy of the sea. Given that this has gone on for a week or two now, I'm convinced that it means something about the new ride, but I'm at a loss as to what it could mean. Any ideas?

Are you referring to this blog post? I'm trying to decipher it myself.

In other news, there's a chance (though not a big one) that I may be at Holiday World on the day of the announcement.

Yep.

Surprised there're not using that date as a coaster club hang out.

No idea what they are going to do besides the time.....park closing.

And remember, the park is on Central Time...

Which means I need to leave earlier, as I add an hour on the way home. Accounting for the time change, it's three hours to get there and five hours to get home. If I would be there until, let's say, 9:00, then I may need a hotel room that night, which might put the kibosh on my plans to go that day. :(

^^ So, if you stayed until 9:00pm, you'd get home around the same time as you would staying at KI Haunt until 1:00am.

The difference being that on a Haunt night, I can sleep in until 2:00 PM. A day trip to HW would require setting my alarm for around 5:00 to 6:00 AM.

Saturday, I got up at 7:00 AM and got home from KI at 2:30 AM, and was almost too tired to make the 40-minute drive home. I don't want to think about what might happen if I got up two hours earlier and multiplied my drive time by six.

Mysteriously, caffeine has exactly zero effect on me. I don't understand why.

Consider taking a nap; even a short one can significantly increase alertness. Just make sure to know safe place(s) to do so in advance.

I can usually go at least 22 hours before I feel drowsy, so a day trip to Holiday World (even from Columbus) isn't a problem for me.

I did have to stop and take a ~30 minute nap on the way back from CoasterMania. I left home at 03:30am Friday and ended up getting back at 03:30am Saturday.

• Like 2

I tried and failed to take a nap at KI last Monday. I've never had success with napping.

Rockstar Punch for night trips home or there late. Early day trips..shot of pre workout and maybe flat black on the way up

I have no clue what you just said. :P

• Like 2

And walking around HW is a workout in and of itself. I thought Indiana was supposed to be flat. :P

Go to Canada's Wonderland and then tell me that walking around Holiday World is a workout. For being located literally smack dab in the middle of the suburbs, that park manages to be amazingly un-flat.

• Like 1