Thunderbird has launched!

I tried and failed to take a nap at KI last Monday. I've never had success with napping.

Rockstar Punch for night trips home or there late. Early day trips..shot of pre workout and maybe flat black on the way up

I have no clue what you just said. :P

"Rockstar Punched" is a flavor of Rockstar brand energy drinks. I have no idea what pre workout or flat back are.

• Like 1

And frequently guarana and taurine, which I suspect are the parts that make me sick as a dog for hours after drinking one. I have a sleep disorder that causes me to usually be sleep deprived to some extent, so I have tried all kinds of things for energy. Heavily caffeinated, I'm like a "normal" person. But I just cannot take the energy drinks. It's like I've been poisoned.

I also have a friend I went to school with, whose heart stopped while he was out to lunch with his family. I am sure they were terrified. Fortunately the restaurant had one of those portable shock machines that are becoming more common. I forget how many times they restarted his heart on the way to and at the hospital, but it was a lot. He has a pacemaker now. The only thing his doctors could point to as a possible cause was that he had gotten on a bit of an energy drink kick in the weeks leading up to the event.

• Like 2

But I just cannot take the energy drinks. It's like I've been poisoned.

I've only had an energy drink once, and that was enough for me. I took it while driving to college to stay awake, and ended up pulling over and sitting at a gas stations for two hours until the effects wore off.

• Like 2

And frequently guarana and taurine, which I suspect are the parts that make me sick as a dog for hours after drinking one. I have a sleep disorder that causes me to usually be sleep deprived to some extent, so I have tried all kinds of things for energy. Heavily caffeinated, I'm like a "normal" person. But I just cannot take the energy drinks. It's like I've been poisoned.

I also have a friend I went to school with, whose heart stopped while he was out to lunch with his family. I am sure they were terrified. Fortunately the restaurant had one of those portable shock machines that are becoming more common. I forget how many times they restarted his heart on the way to and at the hospital, but it was a lot. He has a pacemaker now. The only thing his doctors could point to as a possible cause was that he had gotten on a bit of an energy drink kick in the weeks leading up to the event.

There is no conclusive evidence that energy drinks cause heart problems. But hey... at the very least it can't be good for you. Glad your friend is okay.

I've only had an energy drink once, and that was enough for me. I took it while driving to college to stay awake, and ended up pulling over and sitting at a gas stations for two hours until the effects wore off.

I had an exam in the Advanced Marketing Research class in the week before Thanksgiving 2008. I actually went to Kings Island at like 7am that day to film the topping off of Diamondback. I went home, studied a little more, took a little nap, and headed to school. I felt incredibly tired and bought my first 5 Hour Energy. I took and, and a half hour later I was taking the exam and almost couldn't write because my hand was shaking.

But I got an A on the exam so the overdose of caffeine didn't hinder my genius. :)

• Like 3

I had an exam in the Advanced Marketing Research class in the week before Thanksgiving 2008. I actually went to Kings Island at like 7am that day to film the topping off of Diamondback. I went home, studied a little more, took a little nap, and headed to school. I felt incredibly tired and bought my first 5 Hour Energy. I took and, and a half hour later I was taking the exam and almost couldn't write because my hand was shaking.

But I got an A on the exam so the overdose of caffeine didn't hinder my genius. :)

Hahaha, nice! Yeah that was my problem too, I just couldn't stop shaking!

• Like 1

I tried and failed to take a nap at KI last Monday. I've never had success with napping.

Rockstar Punch for night trips home or there late. Early day trips..shot of pre workout and maybe flat black on the way up

I have no clue what you just said. :P
...which is the case for me in easily 50 percent of that guy's posts. He really, really enjoys talking in code on here for some reason.

Sure I could do a search for what "a pre workout" is, but if we're going down that road, then I should just open a new tab with a search engine open any time I'm about to read a post from tde.

• Like 2

Exactly..pre workout suppliment..heavy caffiene, b vits, etc. Really REALLY pumps you up..Straight shot of caffeine to the soul lol

How do people not know flat black..Y'all and your foo foo coffee. I'll take it flat black, nothing special

Rockstar Punch is the tasty fruit punch of a Rockstar drink. Tastes good, not a heavy dose of energy but enough to keep moving if you're on a long drive, say 3-7 hours at night. Don't need to be jittery awake, but enough to keep up and comfy.

• Like 2

Rockstar Punched is the best energy drink I've had. I hear there is a green apple one now that I must find.

I don't think the new coaster will be a dive machine. Mainly it is because of the ground this will have to cover if it sticks with going through the clearings around Voyage.

• Like 1

How do people not know flat black..Y'all and your foo foo coffee. I'll take it flat black, nothing special

I have never drunk a drop of coffee, so I don't know the lingo. :P

As for pre-workout stuff, I've never really looked into that. But at this point, I think if I go, I'll be getting a hotel room that night. If nothing else, it gives me a chance to see the special shipment scheduled for the next day. :)

• Like 2

And walking around HW is a workout in and of itself. I thought Indiana was supposed to be flat. :P

Indiana is flat north of interstate 70, which runs through Indy. You got to think HW is almost in KY!

Indiana is basically flat because of the Ice Age glaciers that covered most of the state. They made it about as far south as Martinsville (about 20 miles south of Indy) before retreating, which is why people flock to southern Indiana in the fall for the foilage. Rolling hills, nice scenic lookouts and much more affordable than going to the east coast to see the same foilage.

• Like 10

The highest point in Indy is the top of Strawberry Hill, which is located in Crown Hill Cemetery near downtown. Some of Indiana's most famous people reside there for eternity. If planning a trip to southern Indiana this fall, everyone stays in Nashville, which is quaint and nice, but very overpriced. Staying in Bloomington (about 10 miles away) is much cheaper and has the extra added bonus of being where Indiana University is located which is a beautiful wooded campus (and my alma matter!), esp in fall.

• Like 3

Welp. Eight days to go, and there have been plenty of hints. Still nothing definitive though. I've been looking at some of the layouts for the Dive Machines, specifically the Dive Coaster from Chimelong Paradise. I'm not sure how much they cleared out of the way there, but from the look on the webcam A Dive Machine would fit quite nicely. So, I think I will side with most of you on here and say that's what is going in.

A launched type of ride would really be cool too! I just don't see it happening...

I would definitely be thrown for a loop if it was anything other than a B&M Launcher at this point.

Could you imagine how awesome it would be to Blitz around Voyage and take full use of the terrain back there? Especially once some inversions are thrown in the mix.

I can hear it now: "Coming to Holiday World in 2015, The Storm!! The Storm will be the first B&M coaster in the world to be designed to feature launch. But that's not all! The Storm will feature not one, but two launches!"

• Like 1

If the only recent construction photos available are from the web cam, I think any guesses will be only guesses. If we had a wider angle to reference then educated guesses would be possible.

Dive Machines have typically been cheaper in the past but there hasn't been one built in America since Griffon and as stated before, inflation has quite an effect on the cost across the board. I don't think it's a bad guess and is possible, but so is anything in the B&M library without a better idea of the total construction site.

• Like 3

So I think it's time to pay more attention to the 66 Days diary. We're currently at Day 59, which leaves seven more days to go. According to an earlier post in this thread, each day's entries are being written on the fly by Paula... except the last six days, which were written well in advance. That leads me to believe that Days 61 to 66 will contain the biggest clues yet.

• Like 1