Thunderbird has launched!

I think the footers all point to a steel coaster though, don't they? The photos I've seen look just like Banshee's footers.

I think it's a steel coaster.

Wouldn't a smarter blog post have simply been:

"My dad said we would never add a steel coaster. We've always kept his promise..."

Then what? You're STILL keeping his promise? You've kept his promise until now?

That would have been more intriguing. Of course, this is coming from someone with as much knowledge of this project as most of you.

• Like 2

Could it possibly be a B&M launched coaster? B&M has never designed a launch in-house (the launch on IOA's Hulk came from a third party), but they did say not too long ago that they would be willing to do so if asked.

Just because it'll be the world's first doesn't rule out a Dive Machine. Think of an Invert Dive Machine. Or Wing Rider Dive Machine. How about a Stand-Up Dive Machine? Or a launched one. The possibilities are endless.

Could it possibly be a B&M launched coaster? B&M has never designed a launch in-house (the launch on IOA's Hulk came from a third party), but they did say not too long ago that they would be willing to do so if asked.

Just because it'll be the world's first doesn't rule out a Dive Machine. Think of an Invert Dive Machine. Or Wing Rider Dive Machine. How about a Stand-Up Dive Machine? Or a launched one. The possibilities are endless.

Hmm. The forums say that I liked this post, yet I do not remember clicking the like button. And logically, given my experience on ShieKra, there is no reason why I would want to like that post. Unfortunately, the forums do not permit unliking a post after you've left the page.

I agree with Terpy.

• Like 6

According to the Evansville newspaper, by way of the HoliWood Nights group on Facebook, this is a $22 million project. That's nearly two and a half times their previous largest investment ($9M for Mammoth). It's also definitely in the "major steel coaster" range.

• Like 1

Hmm. The forums say that I liked this post, yet I do not remember clicking the like button. And logically, given my experience on ShieKra, there is no reason why I would want to like that post. Unfortunately, the forums do not permit unliking a post after you've left the page.

I agree with Terpy.

I sometimes click the "Like this" button by accident. That's probably what happened.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the forums do not permit unliking a post after you've left the page.

The forums do permit the action, but you must alter your theme into mobile mode first.

Thanks! I thought it was a "feature" of the boards, because even Tapatalk does not allow you to unlike posts after changing pages. I didn't know that you could do it in the mobile web skin.