Thunderbird has launched!

I fail to see where the Thanksgiving theme fits in here...

Flying turkey?! lol I also don't see how the ship theme fits this ride

It doesn't. It was a viral marketing campaign to tie the ride to the Voyage, and to a winged creature that the pilgrims encountered upon landing.

• Like 4

A few observations-

1. LSM launch

2. Like the interaction it has with the launch and first inversion around the area and then has a part that finishes with a terrain section, nice.

3. I'm surprised B&M's first launcher is a newer model. I was guessing it would be a sit down (standard or floorless) or possibly an inverted coaster.

4. Kentucky Kingdom is SOL

• Like 19

All I can say for now is that the execution of this announcement was great. I almost wish I had driven the 300 miles each way to see it in person.

The layout is unique, and I do enjoy both huge vertical loops and launches, so the ride looks great at first glance. Great to see innovation.

• Like 4

a boat ties into a bird im bamboozled

They could've led a viral marketing campaign centered around mashed potatoes and stuffing and this ride would still have taken most of us by surprise and been a stellar addition to the park.

• Like 4

Upon a closer look, I fail to see how a Thunderbird goes along with a voyage across the sea...

Did you read the journal entries? It's a massive animal that they encountered upon landing in Plymouth... possibly a Native American spirit. Either way, does it really matter? The viral campaign tied the ride to The Voyage and was a fun way to go about teasing "flying" and "winged creatures," etc. without talking about giant birds.

• Like 5