Thunderbird has launched!

Sorry looks like boring to me. Wing coaster just don't do it for me. It's not themed at all.

Woah woah woah woah, I'm usually the theme nazi and I'm very impressed! I cannot see how this isn't themed! It sounds like we have a stud over here, butter me up, or lather in olive oil, and call me cold turkey!

There's an amazing shedish log cabin that you literally soar through, you go through a small farm, heck you shoot out of a barn! It looks amazing! I cannot see how you have that disposition!

• Like 3

Sorry looks like boring to me. Wing coaster just don't do it for me. It's not themed at all.

Woah woah woah woah, I'm usually the theme nazi and I'm very impressed! I cannot see how this isn't themed! It sounds like we have a stud over here, butter me up, or lather in olive oil, and call me cold turkey!

There's an amazing shedish log cabin that you literally soar through, you go through a small farm, heck you shoot out of a barn! It looks amazing! I cannot see how you have that disposition!

Not themed? Did you watch the video?

yes I have it's just a building. Big Thunder at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are themed coasters.
You're comparing a small family-owned park to Disney. Come on, now.

It's much more than just a building.

Sorry someone asked my opinion so I gave it. Please don't call me a Nazi.

I just realized something. I wonder if B&M is trying to snuff Intamin out of existence, especially because they now have 2 of Intamin's creations and, for all intents and purposes, perfected them (giga and now a launched wing coaster). Mack is taking the rest of what Intamin can do and doing them better as well.

Intamin might be as screwed as is Kentucky Kingdom right now, at least in North America.

• Like 7

I just realized something. I wonder if B&M is trying to snuff Intamin out of existence, especially because they now have 2 of Intamin's creations and, for all intents and purposes, perfected them (giga and now a launched wing coaster). Mack is taking the rest of what Intamin can do and doing them better as well.

Intamin might be as screwed as is Kentucky Kingdom right now, at least in North America.

Why so down on Kentucky Kingdom? It's a great little park.

• Like 2

While I must agree, there are multiple dealios that we are dealing with. First off, HW and KK are basically in each others' backyards, just a few seconds away is a HW ad. Secondly, with that being said, the market of local visitors will fluctuate to either for certain reasons. The most of the market being those who are looking for thrills may want to get to HW before KK. Oh, and plus KK doesn't have the resources to produce a 22 mil B&M at the momento, making HW have just one more step up than what the local and beyond markets have. Ala Gate or Wild.

• Like 2

And now that I'm plugged in at the hotel, I can finally add my opinion. I am thoroughly impressed. I said a while ago it was going to be a launched B&M, and I was right. And I suggested a wing coaster this morning, and I was right again. But I never in my wildest dreams thought they would have combined both of those into one ride.

I definitely will not miss HoliWood Nights next year. And I am strongly considering getting a season pass again next year (I had one in 2013).

Oh, and I bought one of the shirts they had for sale:

ase5u3uj.jpg

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 7

Looks like a nice ride for this park. I really like the wingriders overall and this one has a unique layout that looks like it'll be a lot of fun to ride. It's nice that even with two trains that the capacity will still be north of 1,000 people per hour so the lines should move pretty quickly.

I know a lot of enthusiasts are probably going to gripe about this addition to some degree. "It's not themed", "it looks slow", "it won't crack my top 10", "it'll probably be forceless", "I don't really like B&M wingriders because it's not an Intamin with 90 seconds of ejector airtime"...whatever. Can't we just appreciate that this will be a fun coaster that you know will be up and running when you visit the park?

The one statement I found very profound is this one:

We’ve dreamed of adding a B&M steel coaster for many years.

I said when Leviathan was announced that we may have seen the last of the larger Intamin installations in the US for some time. Parks have gotten much smarter about how they spend their money on the larger coaster installations, and I get the sense that Intamin's days as a premier manufacturer in the US are numbered. Holiday World had a lot of time to think about this install - by far their largest to date - and went with B&M. Parks want to know exactly what they're getting when spending that amount of cash and B&M is delivering the goods.

• Like 8

For anyone wondering what I meant by not themed I was talking about on the ride not what's under it. Holiday World was a okay park I wound not make a return trip anytime soon. The voyage bruised my back really bad was black and blue for a month.

You mean the little park with no theming at all? Since it matters so much to you..

Are the specifications released yet?

I'm not sure if there's a rule or not regarding linking to other sites, but this has a great list of specifications. http://www.coaster101.com/2014/07/24/holiday-world-announces-thunderbird-launched-bm-wing-coaster/

Thanks. As you can tell by my avatar I am now a Thunderbird fanatic. :D

• Like 2

Are the specifications released yet?

I'm not sure if there's a rule or not regarding linking to other sites, but this has a great list of specifications. http://www.coaster101.com/2014/07/24/holiday-world-announces-thunderbird-launched-bm-wing-coaster/

Thanks. As you can tell by my avatar I am now a Thunderbird fanatic. :D
I'll tell Banshee tomorrow night that you're cheating on her. :P

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 5

So basically we know this:

Name: Thunderbird

Logo: http://www.coaster101.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/thunderbird-logo.png

Manufacturer: Bolliger and Mabillard

Model: Launched Wing Rider

Launch: LSM

Acceleration: 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

Color Scheme: Orange/Brown

Section: Thanksgiving

Height Requirement: 52"

Cost: $22,000,000 USD

Capacity: 1,140 riders per hour

Trains: 2 Trains, with 5 rows seating 4 each, for a total of 20 riders per train

Restraints: B&M Wing Rider

Height: 140 feet

Speed: 60 mph

Length: 3,035 feet

Duration: 1:18

Inversions: 4

Elements: Launch, Immelmann, Vertical Loop, Horseshoe, Elevated Spiral, Zero-G Roll, S Bend, Keyholes, Carousel, Inline Twist

• Like 2

From the ride's page on the official site:

LEGEND: In 1620, as the Mayflower neared the end of its 66 days at sea, a mighty storm nearly capsized the ship, taking it hundreds of miles off course. As passengers and crew feared all was lost, an immense bird appeared in the sky. The thunderbird, whose wings created the thunder and eyes flashed the lightning of the powerful storm, rescued the ship by launching it through the sky to the New World.
  • Like 1

Love the KIC quotes in the announcement, especially mine ;) I'm famous. Lol.

But for real, extremely pleased with the announcement. I was expecting the launch, but not the wing coaster. Just wow. Definitely a great sign of things to come here in Santa Claus!

• Like 5