Thunderbird has launched!

That is so beyond tempting it's ridiculous.. Alas, I really should not if I do not have a job before then, even if it's for a good cause. So cool of them to do that, too!

Edit: tough cause? No, bad brain. I was thinking that it was a tough decision and that came out instead.

• Like 4

Bowling Green, Kentucky.

NBC affiliate.

TODAY.

Three minute span:

TWO Holiday World commercials. Featuring Thunderbird.

They are hitting the advertisments hard as usual. I remember when Mammoth was built there were two billboards within 3 miles of each other on the major road by my house. There were 4 billboards total along my 29 mile journey to work through Indy. I've heard multiple radio commercials already for Thunderbird and expect many more radio, billboard, and TV spots coming soon. They hammer the advertisment and that is why the small park in Santa Claus, IN draws over a million guests a year. Too bad we can't say the same about a closer park that was associated with a certain number of flags. I haven't heard a peep on the radio, TV, or seen a billboard for Lightning Run last year or T3 this year.

• Like 7

I'm leaving in 3 hours to head over to Santa Claus! I have a 2 hour drive to the Cinci area where I'll meet up with Gator, get my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass processed at Kings Island, then will raise some Cane for dinner in Louisville, to complete the day by sleeping at Santa's Lodge!

Stoked to ride Thunderbird tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I'm leaving in 3 hours to head over to Santa Claus! I have a 2 hour drive to the Cinci area where I'll meet up with Gator, get my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass processed at Kings Island, then will raise some Cane for dinner in Louisville, to complete the day by sleeping at Santa's Lodge!

Soon you can raise some Cane in West Chester/Mason area!!!

• Like 5

Have a good time Chris and Gator!

• Like 5

Thanks Brad, and thank you chugh43 for inviting me to tag along! I'm excited for this. I didn't get to go to HW last year; it was the first year I missed since about 2009. I won a pair of HW tickets at the GOCC Holiday Party in December, so we're planning to go again in June on the way to my family reunion in IL (Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl couldn't make the reunion last year, so that's why our annual HW visit didn't occur). Thunderbird looks like a good addition for the park... hopefully they have big boy seats, or at least a seat I can squeeze into currently! We'll find out in less than 24 hours! If not, at least they'll have a few other rides open for us, and I'll get to spend time with some great friends.

• Like 6