Thunderbird has launched!

Wooden coasters are seemingly a rare thing in Florida. In fact, when I was there a teen behind me in line exclaimed that it was weird and that she had never seen one like it.

The only other one that comes to mind right now in Florida is at Legoland.

Wait, you mean to tell me that Big Thunder Mountain isn't wooden?

(kidding, by the way)

• Like 1

After reading through the 63 or so log entries, is it certain that the entire log isn't just an ostentatious journal describing The Voyage coaster?

At the least, I don't think each day is meant to have a clue hidden inside, but the entries seem to repeat the same sentiment, over and over, dragging on too long, when it should have just put some strong laterals...

• Like 7

Seems time to lock in final guesses here.

Name: Speedwell

Manufacturer: B&M

Type: Sit-Down launch

New 2 across trains with Banshee style restraints. I also think there will be a small prelaunch area which would be like the belly of a ship with cylindrical walls that would move creating the sense of rocking whether the track actually does anything or not. Then "all hands on deck" you launch up from the belly of the ship. I think height will be around 230' at it's highest point.

• Like 2

I like the name Speedwell. For those that have never heard of her, Speedwell was a second ship that was planned to make the journey to the New World along with Mayflower. However, Speedwell took on water on both attempts to leave port, forcing both ships to turn back each time, and eventually Mayflower made the trip alone.

Wikipedia has more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedwell_(ship)

Indeed, a lot of counties in Indiana are just now starting to put their government info online. Santa Claus, being a small town, is not one that is currently digital to a great extent. I'm sure if the plans were required to be filed by ordinance, an intrepid reporter would have leaked the specs by now.

• Like 7

I'm not quite sure why everyone is making such noise about the whole 66 Days At Sea campaign.....

I mean....We all already know that the largest investment in the park's history is going to be the world's largest pilgrim themed children's area......

Yes! That's right, you saw it here first:

NEW FOR 2015 At Holiday World and Splashin' Safari, Planet Pilgrim!

The World's Largest Pilgrim Themed Children's Area

(This post contains no true or accurate information)

• Like 10

Through the churning clouds a giant creature appears. As it draws closer, enormous wings snap against the wind creating a thundering sound. It is a sound we feel with our entire beings. As the creature roars over our Mayflower, we are swept up in its great power.

My reactions:

1. Uh... Apparently there are mythical beasts involved in the average Holiday World Thanksgiving festivities? Either that, or this journal thing is taking a really dark turn by having the author hallucinate.

2. It would be a sneaky little move to throw in a false clue pointing towards a B&M Wing Coaster at this point. My inner selfish enthusiast is kinda hoping this is one such instance, as the Wing Coasters I have ridden were somewhat forgettable beyond the first drop. Of course, even if the ride is a B&M Wing Coaster, that doesn't mean that a Holiday World version of it would necessarily be the same way. We'll see!

• Like 3

Through the churning clouds a giant creature appears. As it draws closer, enormous wings snap against the wind creating a thundering sound. It is a sound we feel with our entire beings. As the creature roars over our Mayflower, we are swept up in its great power.

My reactions:

1. Uh... Apparently there are mythical beasts involved in the average Holiday World Thanksgiving festivities? Either that, or this journal thing is taking a really dark turn by having the author hallucinate.

2. It would be a sneaky little move to throw in a false clue pointing towards a B&M Wing Coaster at this point. My inner selfish enthusiast is kinda hoping this is one such instance, as the Wing Coasters I have ridden were somewhat forgettable beyond the first drop. Of course, even if the ride is a B&M Wing Coaster, that doesn't mean that a Holiday World version of it would necessarily be the same way. We'll see!

Turkeys are flying!

• Like 1

Ich glaube, dass dieser Schlüssel auf deutsch sein soll. (Es tut mir Leid. Ich habe Deutsch leider nicht für ein Jahr gesprochen.) Unsere Entwerfer entwarf unsere Projekt in einem deutschsprachigen Land. Leider gibt es viele gute Entwerfer in deutschsprachiges Ländern. Man soll erinnern, dass es groß ist. Sehr groß. Es ist auch einzigartig. Das ist alles! Haben Sie Spaß mit Google Translate!

I believe that this key should be in German. (I'm sorry. I have not spoken German for a year.) Our designers designed our project in a German speaking country. Unfortunately, there are many good designers in German-speaking countries. One should remember that it is great. Very large. It is also unique. That's all! Have fun with Google Translate!

The above from: http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2014/07/23/final-hints/

And yes, live streaming tomorrow starting at 9:30 ET/8:30 CT

• Like 2

I haven't heard anything about any plans for this.....BUT.....

Are there any plans for a live-stream of the announcement tomorrow?...

Yes, http://www.holidayworld2015.com/ is where I think it will be. Site will go live at 8:00 CDT.

We just got several more hints on the HoliBlog: http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2014/07/23/final-hints/

Google Translate comes up with this for what Paula said:

I believe that this key should be in German. (I'm sorry. I have not spoken German for a year.) Our designers designed our project in a German speaking country. Unfortunately, there are many good designers in German-speaking countries. One should remember that it is great. Very large. It is also unique. That's all! Have fun with Google Translate!

I see several references to "birds of prey" in there. Could that point to a wing coaster?

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

Edit: beaten because I'm fumbling with my phone keyboard

• Like 2