New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

Guest dtk1376

Found this blog this morning with speculation that there might be a Haunt attraction being placed close by to the lift hill of The Beast.

http://kitsuneverse.blogspot.com/2014/05/haunts-something-to-lurk-near-beast.html

If you don't want to click the link, here is copy/paste of it:

"Well, this is some interesting news and while we're still a long way from Halloween, it's never too early to start planning out the season for huge theme park events the like that Kings Island puts on every year. So, what's in the works? Can't really be sure, but it's rumored that some kind of planning is going to be taking place in the near future in the park for this year's event.

Beast.PNG

According to Screamscape, people should be on the look out for markers, flags or any other signs around Beast that something could be going up there that's related to the haunt in the fall. Seems interesting that they've pinpointed "near the lifthill" as the are to be concerned with, but ya never know I guess. Though, upon thinking about this for a little, it makes sense. There is a rather large cleared area to the right of the lift and that could be used for a great many things.

Is there something wrong with the old Tomb Raider/The Crypt building that they need to move out of it? Do they have plans for something else in that spot and need to build a new structure? I'm not entirely sure, at this point maybe they'll even use the building for a ride again. Again, who knows? What I do know is that I won't be out near the park for at least a month, give or take. So, if anyone gets out that way and spots anything, let us know and we'll try to get to the bottom of it!

Either way, definitely going to be interesting to see just what their up to and what comes of all this, but for now, it's just a rumor. Hopefully more light is shed soon!"

• Like 2

It would not be a bad place except for that area is already pretty congested with The Beast and the line spilling out for The Cavern of Terror. Hopefully if this does happen they can make that work. I like it from the standpoint that it is easy to conceal when Haunt is not going on.

Guest dtk1376

That's what I was thinking too, it might not even have to be a new full structure, I don't see them investing much money into a new building for a Haunt attraction, most of the haunt attractions are placed in old unused buildings anyways (Crypt, Enchanted Voyage, SOB queue, etc.). So it could just be something like with a temporary structure like tents or a maze.

Why build a new building that'll only be useful for Haunt? A month long event? (Spread out into two months) When they could just use the Crypt Building?

Club Blood was built in a new building and is only used for haunt. Maybe its used for storage during the regular season but i wouldn't know that information.

• Like 5

How about no, I like the space back there, and I don't want no building back there.

This is why i don't post everything I see on Screamscape.....

• Like 5

Guest dtk1376

Sorry that I offended you by posting this thing I found that I thought might be interesting as a rumor in the appropriate section... :rolleyes:

I don't want anything put back there either, hopefully they are not.

• Like 1

No there isn't any harm in it, nor am I offended. I just prefer not to post this kind of stuff because it could cause some un-intended consequences. Trust me, it is all okay I was just stating that I don't usually post by word of mouth.

Seems like a strange place to me to put something. Yea there is space there but it seems like it'd be hard to get back to being boxed out a bit by The Beast queue and The Crypt building. Guess they could make a path next to The Beast queue but it does get congested there, but guess if that's where space is available.

Why build a new building that'll only be useful for Haunt? A month long event? (Spread out into two months) When they could just use the Crypt Building?

As themuska11 stated, that's what the park did for Club Blood in 2007. They built a brand new structure that is used only one-and-a-half months of the year.

Well, They Could do something like they did with Sleepy Hollow, Put one of the big white tents up like the did during FearFest.

I've always wondered why the park didn't continue to utilize that space for a haunted attraction - even though they found a more ideal location for the maze (the old mining building where Diamondback's queue now resides), that empty field still served as an unoccupied piece of land an attraction could be built every fall.

• Like 2