New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

When has the park ever teased the construction of a building for Haunt?

Granted, it was never really possible before the social media boom of a few years ago, but the assumption that this will be anything Haunt related is just that - an assumption.

• Like 3

The Powder Valley Nature Trail used to be directly across the road from where this is located....perhaps this is a queue station for a new version of the Trail of Terror??

One can only hope. Trail of Terror was consistantly one of the best Haunt attractions the park ever had. I like the Dinos, but don't like that it displaced the trail.

• Like 3

OK, here's a pic of the work:

10380963_10204254556987543_3441550795615

You can see the arc at one end (and the path to where they were putting all the displaced earth, outside the marked boundaries) and he was completing carving out the rectangle when I took the picture.

The curved path ends......right at the head of the old Powder Valley Nature Trail.....just sayin.... ;)

• Like 1

..and here we go again. Let's just hope people will not show signs of low IQ with this project. No trespassing!

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Someone could get some really good pictures from the Fastlane queue!

• Like 1

I could have gotten better pics myself from a different part of the station, but I'll admit I was more interested in getting on The Beast :)

I saw it all quite well the couple times I rode, coming back into the station I had a fair amount of time to see them working close-up. But, couldn't take any pictures at that point, obviously.

I definitely think this is for Haunt, because it doesn't seem large enough to be anything else, to me. Just a long rectangular building or tent, with the in and out ramps.

• Like 1

<RANT>

I think this is the stupidest thing ever, that is, if it's a permanent "Haunt" structure. I feel like it's just going to feel cheap and squished into that space. We really don't need any more "clutter" around there, we already have that huge tan box formerly known as The Crypt just hanging out there taking up space and blocking views. We don't need anything else like that. To have a big, blank, un-themed structure just sitting there in what was a nice, green, grassy field is going to look horrible and block the view (somewhat) of the trees. I just have a feeling it's going to ruin the feel of that area around The Beast, and for what, a month long attraction? It's just kind of disappointing really.

Now, if they were going to add a highly themed dark ride attraction, then that would be a different story. To put something that "feels" like it belongs in that area would be fine. I just really don't want another tan box, big or small, sitting there taking up space.

</RANT>

I know this probably wont happen, But I think something like Wonder Mountain's Guardian at CW Could work well in our big tan box.

Now in my opinion, I have 2 things that could be going here

1. Halloween Haunt Tent/Building

2. An Extended building for the Big Tan Box for a new ride. (But, I think its just for Halloween Haunt, Something like Sleepy Hollow was in the first few years of FearFest.)

• Like 1

^^ I'm guessing that if we get a Wonder Mountain Guardian type ride that it will be in a total revamp of Boo Hill, with short trains of cars rather than a continuous loop....

....but that's beside the point. I'm going to guess that the new construction is a new haunt building... perhaps for the Slaughter House.

Wow, "some guys", huh? Sounds legit.

I can definitely say it won't be a parking lot, even though I have absolutely no inside information. They wouldn't put a parking lot in a place that visible to a ride, and if they were even going to do that, they wouldn't be publicizing the decision on social media.

• Like 2