New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's something that will be open all season and not just for Haunt. We don't need another permanent structure that sits there closed for 90% of the operating season. It might make sense to us because most of us go all season long, but for people vacationing, it just looks like one more attraction that's not operational. How does that look for our park? I don't know, I'm just sort of against building permanent structures that are visible and that take up useful space, but then only having them open for one month. I might be wrong, but it's just how I feel.

• Like 8

Well minus the two previous ride structure/buildings (SOB and TR) this would only be the 2nd permanent building built? Club Blood (or w/e the Vampire one) is off the beaten path and is not that obvious. The SOB structure is what it is and the same with the TR building. If this new building fits in with the feel of The Beast, then IMHO it wont look out of place.

• Like 2

Just because Don said you will find out this fall does not mean it's haunt related. Hence Banshee's announcement; then again it could be haunt related. :P

**Stupid auto correct

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

I still say a strata inverted woody that runs along side of The Beast. lol

Just curious...I wonder if this construction has anything to do with the CF trademarked name Centurion from earlier this year?

10 to 1 says that's the name of the Carowinds coaster. It just makes too much sense.

I think we can all pretty much agree, based on what we know, that this is a Haunt structure however details beyond that won't be released for weeks.

• Like 1

Just curious...I wonder if this construction has anything to do with the CF trademarked name Centurion from earlier this year?

10 to 1 says that's the name of the Carowinds coaster. It just makes too much sense.

I think we can all pretty much agree, based on what we know, that this is a Haunt structure however details beyond that won't be released for weeks.

I thought that the name or so called name for the Carowinds coaster was Fury 325? Do they use stealth names to cover for real names with coasters...interesting...Centurion would be the better name for a coaster though.

• Like 1

I feel like it is going to be something haunt related because they just added a new big coaster and while nothing really fits in that space i feel like they would of picked a different spot for a new ride that isnt in such a weird spot and if it was anything bigger then they would possibly have to remove trees and that just takes away from the whole beast experience and they wouldnt do that. So even though it is such a weird spot for anything i feel like it would be best for a haunt attraction because it is hidden unless your riding/waiting for The Beast. So even though its not in the best spot it could be a worse spot at least they are trying to hide what ever it will be some what

1404848792000-ki-hh.jpg

Well there it is. Looks like we're getting another building that gets to sit empty and unused from April-September. I know you "Haunt" fans will be thrilled, but for those of us who don't do Haunt, this is just more clutter to sit around the park and take up space during the months we do go. The only good thing that could come from this is that hopefully they'll use the old Crypt building for something useful. No use in having 2 buildings sitting unused that close to each other.

• Like 6

Yeah. It's actually surprising they didn't break it earlier. I just feel vindicated the "clue" I discovered on the tour yesterday turned out to be true. Although it would be a crazy misdirection if the name written on the materials /wasn't/ the actual name of the building company.

• Like 2

1404848792000-ki-hh.jpg

Well there it is. Looks like we're getting another building that gets to sit empty and unused from April-September. I know you "Haunt" fans will be thrilled, but for those of us who don't do Haunt, this is just more clutter to sit around the park and take up space during the months we do go. The only good thing that could come from this is that hopefully they'll use the old Crypt building for something useful. No use in having 2 buildings sitting unused that close to each other.

. Take a really close look at the dot to the left. If you look hard enough you will see it's the worlds smallest violin. Shall I play it for you?

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 9

To be truthful, since we have seen some big jumps in theming improvement in the past couple of years, I believe it is quite possible that this building is being built from wood instead of steel and themed to look as if it is a part of The Beast structures. Therefore it won't appear to be anything else but an additional structure blended in with The Beast. Truthfully, only the die-hards would then notice it as something new.

• Like 3

On the one hand, I'm worried that Tecumpseh Buildings' site refers to them as builders of steel buildings. On the other, winning, hand, it does also say post frame buildings. And, all of the materials laying there were wood.

The theme of a Cajun werewolf would lend itself well to a structure that would fit in quite comfortably to The Beast's mining camp theme. I am excitedly looking forward to seeing it, even though I will probably only walk through it once, if at all. I love visual theming.

• Like 3

Technically speaking, the only Haunt attraction that clutters up/takes up space for it to be a legitimate issue for guests is Urgent Scare as half of its layout takes up most of Action Theater's exit area. Everything else is backstage and well far out of the way from park guests.

But who knows, this may just be part of a multi-year plan to phase out the Crypt Haunt location in order to give the prior building the Guardian treatment. Here's to hoping Guest Flow won't be that big of an issue come September with now three houses next to each other on the same brick road...

• Like 4