New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

There are legal issues with reproducing blueprints.

Terp, who is not engaged in the private practice of law in Ohio, the District of Columbia or any United State. There is no legal advice meant for any particular client contained herein. Contact a competent attorney in your jurisdiction if you have, or think you may have, a legal problem. This is a disclaimer.

• Like 4

I just love how they'll show a corner of the whole blueprint but not the whole thing.

Ah well, I'll just got buy one for myself again

The reporter who broke the "news" probably chose to respect the copyright on the drawing. (EDIT: or what Terp said.)

Besides, I'm not sure how interesting a blueprint of a haunt maze structure could possibly be.

We don't need another permanent structure that sits there closed for 90% of the operating season.

Permanent structures are good for storage. All the Haunt stuff has to go somewhere for the rest of the year.

• Like 5

If the maze is based on this i really hope we arent stuck with 2 werewolf mazes. it will just bug me that they have to mazes that are based on the same creature and i just feel like they will be too similar. id much rather have the new maze by the beat be a werewolf maze because it goes with The Beast!

Maybe Wolf Pack is renaming and relocating and Slaughterhouse is moving into it's old location.

Like said here from upstop i hope they are just redoing wolf pack and maybe they are moving slaughter house here.

I dont know who all read the article about the possible new haunt but does anyone know what this new daytime event is?? are they talking about the kids halloween event or is it something else new that we should wonder about??

"All attractions slated for Haunt and a new daytime event will be ready to go when those events open in the fall. Details for each of the attractions for Halloween Haunt, the list of rides open, number of monsters and live shows will be shared at a later date," he said.

Unless you're interested in the layout of the maze, the dimensions of the building, or ways of ingress and egress - a copy of this could be a rather boring purchase. Especially since you wouldn't have permission to make further copies.

• Like 2

From another site, actually made me think for a second.

Could it be for KI, oh of course, I'll let y'all do the speculating, I'm done with those games.

But someone from another site did have a point..French word, French theme..CW may get it, which is a logical possibility.

I'll let y'all keep speculating, me, I'll just watch and wait. Or get my own Blueprints and look em over, really nifty documents

• Like 1

Well there it is. Looks like we're getting another building that gets to sit empty and unused from April-September. I know you "Haunt" fans will be thrilled, but for those of us who don't do Haunt, this is just more clutter to sit around the park and take up space during the months we do go. The only good thing that could come from this is that hopefully they'll use the old Crypt building for something useful. No use in having 2 buildings sitting unused that close to each other.

Technically speaking, the only Haunt attraction that clutters up/takes up space for it to be a legitimate issue for guests is Urgent Scare as half of its layout takes up most of Action Theater's exit area. Everything else is backstage and well far out of the way from park guests.

But who knows, this may just be part of a multi-year plan to phase out the Crypt Haunt location in order to give the prior building the Guardian treatment. Here's to hoping Guest Flow won't be that big of an issue come September with now three houses next to each other on the same brick road...

That really don't matter now as that whole area is blocked off, Action Theater isn't even used at all during the regular season now. So one can say another building only used for a month and half out of the season.

• Like 1

Rogaru..a wolf

And Wolf Pack..

Interesting

Sounds like The Bayou and Wolfpack shoved together in a transporter.

Are the Garoux going to wear raggedy clothes like on Mardi Gras?

The Haunt buildings are used for storage during the regular season, aren't they, for the prizes, etc., in that area?

I'm not so bothered about it, if it IS for KI, but I like Cajun stuff, and it suits the theme of Rivertown. I hope they play a lot of Doucet and Balfa Brothers if it's KI that gets the Acadian wolves.

I kinda wanna be a Garou, now, but I'm so short, I'd come across as a varmint.

• Like 1

Oh hey, I'm back. Been a while...

I'm glad to see Kings Island continue to add new attractions to their haunt event, but after experiencing Halloween Horror Nights (both Orlando and Hollywood) and Knott's Scary Farm, I have a hard time saying that any of the midwest haunts are good. I enjoy them, and it's great to see the parks with all of the creepy decor, but beyond that, the mazes are mediocre at best and the crowds are beyond crazy most of the time.

The funny thing is that when I was at Knott's Scary Farm last year, they were having a meeting with all of the GM's in the Cedar Fair chain. I'd imagine they were all trying to take notes from the KBF book of knowledge, but understandably you don't build a haunt like that in a year or two. We'll see what comes down the pipeline for these parks...

• Like 5

From another site, actually made me think for a second.

Could it be for KI, oh of course, I'll let y'all do the speculating, I'm done with those games.

But someone from another site did have a point..French word, French theme..CW may get it, which is a logical possibility.

I'll let y'all keep speculating, me, I'll just watch and wait. Or get my own Blueprints and look em over, really nifty documents

It would seem a logical fit for Canada's Wonderland, As someone else (another forum) pointed out, this is for an American trademark however, and nothing shows up on a search for the Canadian equiv. (at least not yet)

Not saying "Rougarou"...is for any particular park...but it would be a great fit in that area. Maybe a revamp & move for Wolf Pack? Or better yet an expansion to a full Haunt or companion to Backwoods Bayou(I thought this scare zone was better than several of the actual Haunt mazes)

Of course, I know I've seen it posted on here that Cedar Fair doesn't frequently trademark Haunt mazes.

It said the TM was applied as a name for a /ride/ and merchandising too. I haven't personally double checked it, but I don't think mazes are considered rides? I'm inclined to believe the name may not be for this particular construction.

Edit: Ok, I looked:

http://www.trademarkia.com/rougarou-86317000.html

I suppose a maze could fall under "Amusement Park Services"

• Like 1

( June 16. How come the crack staff at Screamscape didn't pick up on that?)

I really don't get why so many of you feel the need to hate on Screamscape. That "crack staff" you refer to is a single guy (Lance Hart) who just like you works a day job. Mr. Hart then takes hours out of his time each week to sift through e-mails and amusement news sites that stretch all around Earth. He does this in order to compile it all in one easy to see place for thousands of enthusiasts to read each day without having to go and look for it all themselves.

Mr. Hart also has a family of his own to take care of and, if you would actually pay more attention before hating on him, you would notice that he stays up quite late each night in order to go through all those e-mails and sites. Do you really expect him to notice a building application from Kings Island to Mason? He operates for parks all over the globe. This application was noticed by the major local newspaper who likely looks for new permits on a weekly basis (of course, only for the region, not the whole world).

So, why don't you just stop hating on Mr. Hart and give his some well-deserved respect. Also, do please note that this post is directed towards many people in general. The quoted post from Terpy (who usually makes fantastic posts with great insight) is just the one that finally set me off.

• Like 9

If Mr. Hart did not go back and edit the past to comport with the present, I'd agree with you totally. But, he does.

If Screamscape were not a for profit operation that includes ads that have on many occasions included malware, I'd agree with you. But it is and it has.

If Screamscape weren't a shill for certain parks...but it is. (Hi, Santa).

• Like 8

1) If Mr. Hart did not go back and edit the past to comport with the present, I'd agree with you totally. But, he does.

2) If Screamscape were not a for profit operation that includes ads that have on many occasions included malware, I'd agree with you. But it is and it has.

3) If Screamscape weren't a shill for certain parks...but it is. (Hi, Santa).

1) I have no problem with this. Once we now what is fact, why keep what we know isn't a fact on the site?

2) Can Mr. Hart really control malware? Most websites (KIC included) rely on advertisements for money. If one is noticed with malware, just report it and it can be taken down.

3) If this does go on, to me, it's just one bad mark against many good ones.

Overall, I like him and, unlike Bob Avery, would love to meet Mr. Hart in person. I guess it really just depends though on what values you put over others.

• Like 1

There is a difference between removing a bogus info or editing with a byline that states "this post was wrong." But editing so you can point to it later and saying hey I was right is not kosher with many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is a difference between removing a bogus info or editing with a byline that states "this post was wrong." But editing so you can point to it later and saying hey I was right is not kosher with many people.

I have never noticed him do that. As a daily reader of Screamscape for several years now, I've only seen him say "I was right" when he really is right.

And there is a difference in a site barely making enough to cover server expenses and making an annual income more than many Americans make. With the latter, pop-up ads and malware really shouldn't come with the territory. If an editorial site is a business, and it is, it should be expected to adhere to the standards of one.

• Like 1

And there is a difference in a site barely making enough to cover server expenses and making an annual income more than many Americans make. With the latter, pop-up ads and malware really shouldn't come with the territory. If an editorial site is a business, and it is, it should be expected to adhere to the standards of one.

Would you mind sharing how you know of this income?

Here is something I have learned. Always trust your judgement of people. If you respect someone then that's great. You should defend your friends or people you respect or trust. But when doing so make sure that you know what or who you are defending.

I have a few friends I would lay down my life to defend. Seriously and they would do the same for me.

But there are a few people I know who are "nice guys" but that's about as far as I go when defending them.

Nothing hurts more than finding out you were made a fool because another person wasn't honest with. But there is nothing greater than having a person you so respect that lives up to that honor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3