New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

You don't need to make me feel worse for not visiting any parks (except Disneyland, ONCE) during the five or so years I lived in Burbank. Whenever I saw those billboards go up in the fall, I wanted so badly to go. I wasn't to the maturity I am now, where I just go places on my own if I really want to and don't know someone else who wants to.

Maybe some year I will take a trip down to Universal Orlando but for now I'm only interested in KI.

• Like 3

Im not sold on the fact that this might be a maze, last year that path was used for The Beast's line overflow. Its going to be a mess to get back to my favorite coaster in the park, if that's the case this fall.

• Like 1

We want theming, and when we get theming, we crab about it.

Some customers skip Haunt years if the mazes are the same, fresh mazes bring in people, even if it's pass holders, we buy food, souvenirs etc..

If it is a Haunt, then it'll thin the line for other Haunts, people's memories will be more positive than if they spend half the night waiting in line, and they'll return for more Haunt. I didn't even go through the two new Haunts, the lines were too long.

This event brings in the dough, look at the crowds, and what they are carrying. You can't walk two feet without seen a teenager swamped with glow in the dark trinkets.

Besides, it'll be used for park purposes during the year, like storing game prizes. The basketball hoop stand has some big items that can't be left out overnight. Speaking of prizes and theming, how about some gators and voodoo prizes for the games, to keep the Rivertown vibe? One game had donuts as prizes. Who wants a stuffed donut?

I would want a stuffed donut. It would go along great next to the stuffed hotdog I have that my mom won at the park in the 70s.

Get on down to Rivertown across from the fries stand, before they sell out.

• Like 1

Knotts did their trapped experience the past 2 years and a lot of people loved it. ( if you dont know its a new pay to play attraction they added that was like an interactive maze) our halloween event isnt as big as theirs but there are a couple of people on youtube who talked about their experience in there and they really enjoyed it.

It's a good space cleared out as I saw today, but I don't see what the fuss is about- it's off the beaten track. They will have to hang the glowing skullhead closer to the entrance of The Beast for people to know it's there.

If they hace a wood frame, it'll fit in with the rest of the old mill.

• Like 3

Besides, no one was talking about Columbus U.

Terp, who knows Columbus is a town in Georgia.

.....Though he's late to the conversation.....TheBEASTunchained was thinking more along the lines of a city in Indiana that he knows, named, Columbus.....

I've also been to Nashville.

Yep.

There's corn in Nashville.

And culture.

B)

• Like 2

Here is a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djg8IJloxfo of a spoiler about someones experience in Knott's trapped maze. its at the 8:45 part of the video. I know a lot of peoples reviews ive watched on youtube for skeleton key everyone says they wish there was a little more to it than just an extra room for that money. Maybe Kings Island will have its own personal spin on it.

KBF will be announcing their haunt attractions on Aug 6th. Interestingly, they also mention that there will be something never attempted at any amusement park haunt for this years attraction. I would check out the announcement when it occurs because it could also come to an amusement park near you.

http://behindthethrills.com/2014/07/knotts-scary-farm-to-unveil-all-on-august-6th-for-42nd-annual-haunt/

• Like 5