New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

I'm wondering....at KBF there is mention of a maze last year where the participants could actually get lost in the structure. I'm not familiar with what was there last year....hmmm. that would kind of explain dead ends. I'll check out KBF from 2013 on the web and see if it was an endless maze in their lineup.

• Like 4

The haunt at KBF last year was called Mirror Mirror....in this attraction, you could actually get lost in the maze. Now that would be interesting! Especially if you get lost with the scareactors on your tail.

Mirror Mirror was a pain in the rump. Most people I know couldn't stand it either.

KI already had a maze similar to it, it was called Maze of Madness.

• Like 3

A note about my observations and the same things I noticed with Mirror Mirror was spoken of by several other people. I have to admit, Mirror Mirror was by far the most compact maze I ever seen (its extremely tiny) as it was plopped smack dab in the middle of Camp Snoopy. Its capacity was rather horrible it seemed a lot of the times because of the whole "getting lost" in the maze had people trapped in there for lengthy periods of time resulting the line to stop especially bad on the busy nights. I willingly skipped it that Saturday night even though I had bought a Fright Lane pass. If it does make a return, I hope it gets some serious changes. It's beautiful inside but the overall experience..not so great.

• Like 1

I like the concept, but I agree it has to be executed correctly to be of efficient capacity. Maybe something like that would lend itself to more of a pay to play house. I remember attending a scarezone somewhere in an outdoors event, where it was chainlink, and the maze morphed as scare actors opened and closed gates. It was much larger than a normal haunted house. But it was neat to see guests separated but in sight of one another. Especially with scareactors mixed in.

• Like 2

I wonder if this will be similar to the Dent ShoolHouse maze at least in structure appearance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean Dent's side attraction, Queen City Slaughter Yard? Perhaps. I doubt they'll try some of the things Dent did last year (multiple chainsaws, nipple pasties made to look like gaping wounds, etc.), but hopefully it'll be enough of a change-up from previous incarnations for it to feel fresh (maybe going the route of Kings Dominion's Slaughterhouse redo).

• Like 3

I will be finding out whether Sam will officially be setting up shop again very soon... You all will just have to wait... :P (But thanks for the concern!)

I wonder if this will be similar to the Dent ShoolHouse maze at least in structure appearance...

You mean Dent's side attraction, Queen City Slaughter Yard? Perhaps. I doubt they'll try some of the things Dent did last year (multiple chainsaws, nipple pasties made to look like gaping wounds, etc.), but hopefully it'll be enough of a change-up from previous incarnations for it to feel fresh (maybe going the route of Kings Dominion's Slaughterhouse redo).

I can safely say that there is no one from last year's Slaughter House that I'd want to see in pasties.

How was KD's redone?

• Like 5