New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

Playing devils advocate here or a moment: from the brake run to The Beast station out and back to the lift hill you can already see: the Crypt, Diamondback, Vortex, random park buildings including a game building. These are all not "themed" to match up with The Beast. So what does this do that's negative? It's not like it's sitting at the base of the second lift hill or in the mid course brake run.

Would it be nice to have a big wooden building, yea I agree but to say it destroys the theming of that area, I would disagree.

Heck Diamondback did more damage in that area of the park with its liberal tree removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

^ I think the reason people are so upset about it (me being one of them) is because it's sitting right up on The Beast, right next to it. It's like you have wood structure theming and then BAM, big aluminum/metal building. It's even more distracting because of that. Yes, they have already wrecked the theming to an extent in that area, but by adding more aluminum/metal structures it doesn't help the problem at all, it only makes it worse.

• Like 4

My buddy and I took a night ride on The Beast tonight. As we pulled into the brake run at the end, here is an excerpt from our conversation

"wow, you were right, that is a great night ride, I mean... wow"

"yeah, I know. Probably my all time favorite roller coaster moment"

"the tunnels, man. Didnt know where we were going"

etc.

Not once did we talk about the big shed/haunt building.

• Like 8

I was hoping for that, until I saw it in person. It is definitely being clad on the outside in the same corrugated metal crap as the Crypt building.

I don't get it, at all. I even saw what Tecumpseh Buildings can do in wood, and their designs would fit in perfectly to The Beast Canyon mining camp. Instead, it's another eyesore.

I was kinda hoping for a reclaimed timber look, to match the mill. Now it kind of looks like that ports-office on a construction site.

If this permanently houses Slaughterhouse, will they be able to put in more elaborate effects?

• Like 3

I'm hoping it will be better if it is a permanent housing for it. It seems as if teh ones that are in permanent locations are the nicer ones for the most part. Madame Fatale's is defintiely are nicest maze right now, and Urgent Scare is one the better looking ones too and they stay there full time. Whereas others like Holiday Horror and Cornstalkers can be fun but just feel a lot cheaper.

• Like 2

I'm hoping it will be better if it is a permanent housing for it. It seems as if teh ones that are in permanent locations are the nicer ones for the most part. Madame Fatale's is defintiely are nicest maze right now, and Urgent Scare is one the better looking ones too and they stay there full time. Whereas others like Holiday Horror and Cornstalkers can be fun but just feel a lot cheaper.

How about Delta Delta Die, Board to Death, Club Blood & Wolf Pack?! Haven't been through any of those permanent houses

I don't fully count Wolf Pack as it's only permenant since the coaster station it uses is no longer needed. Otherwise it would get taken out and put back. Club Blood is decent too but not up to the par of the others I listed. I specified the permanent ones were nicer for the most part as some like you mentioned aren't much different form the others. But to me it seems that all of the really good ones are permanent ones.

• Like 1

I didn't get a picture of it, but when I was there on Sunday the building was open but it was still compltely bare on teh inside. Not sure if anything has been done on it this week though.

On Wednesday I could see a bit of a set piece sitting inside, but only from the brake run. Since they got the roof on, there's very little change to take pictures of, for the average guest at least.

Thanks for the updates!!