New Haunt attraction near The Beast this year?

Guest dtk1376

I do like the batty side of The Beast too, the same for a Tibetan expedition. The attraction itself, heck it could be just a tent like the old days. (If you remember, you will know) In fact, I believe I would like a tent Haunt, possibly a campsite went wrong even.

• Like 2

Guest FersureShelbi

[...] In fact, I believe I would like a tent Haunt, possibly a campsite went wrong even.

Something Wrong Turn related maybe?

Hmm... Maybe I'm thinking too big here, but one of my favorite of Universal's Halloween Horror Nights events was in 2002, when the event took over Universal's Islands of Adventure. Basically, as night fell, each Island became a "twisted" version of its daytime self. They embraced the park's daytime theme and flipped it. In Marvel Super Hero Island, dead heroes lay in the streets and the Marvel villains had won. In Jurassic Park, the dinosaurs were loose. In Toon Lagoon, the characters had been frightened away by "Treaks and Foons" who were disfigured, playful cartoon characters, etc.

It would be kind of cool if each park's Halloween Haunt took advantage of the park's theming and stories. I mean, we've got a roller coaster called The Beast. Couldn't hurt to expand on that mythology and create a haunted house for it (though, at least PART of that haunted house would need to be in the woods, where you could hear the coaster roaring by...). It would be cool to have The Worksite back around Backlot with the police lights and traffic cones and cars, an Irish cemetery maze near / around Banshee, a dinosaur maze through part of Dinosaurs Alive, an "Adventure Express" style ancient tribal house in Oktoberfest, etc. In other words, embrace what the park already has an expand on it. Makes more sense than creating these unrelated haunted houses from scratch, right?

Don't be surprised if I get myself hooked on this idea and start a new thread about it.

• Like 18

That area for Haunt would be a very bad idea seeing as how its too close to The Beast and Crypt back areas. A guest might want to look around more and get hurt unless they place a tall fence around that area of the rides. During a tour, we can't get too close to The Beast.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

Kings Island's Twitter teased something in this area today, so there might be something to the original rumor. Hope not, I'd like that area to stay unscathed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can only say it seems to be a permanent structure being built. But I think a wooded haunt would be cool. Who knows what will happen here. Well someone knows. Lol. Maybe we can get a better look during The Beast tour at the Big Bang Banshee event?

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

Would seem weird for Kings Island to be making a big deal on their Twitter about planting trees. ;)

Maybe they are putting a pond over there since people always want to talk about the water that used to be incorporated with the ride, even though most that talk about it never saw it...

• Like 2

Blue flags are probably the 4 corners of a building or tent.

Orange/red- entrance and exit.

I could see the entrance being in the back for space for queue in the access road and exit being right next to the former Beast exit.

I'm betting on a new Haunt attraction.

• Like 1

Would seem weird for Kings Island to be making a big deal on their Twitter about planting trees. ;)

Maybe they are putting a pond over there since people always want to talk about the water that used to be incorporated with the ride, even though most that talk about it never saw it...

Trees help the environment. They also give The Beast new places to hide.

ThatGuy, a treehugger.

• Like 8

I'm getting my hopes too far up, but wouldn't it be amazing if the building they may or may not be building was attached to The Crypt's building for a new crypt-themed Wonder Mountain's Guardian-esque ride that utilizes the existing Crypt queue?

• Like 6

What if they are just figuring out where they will plant trees?

ThatGuy, who just had to go be that guy.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but wasn't that area previously more treed in? I seem to recall a decent amount of trees being removed to open up that area a bit within the last 10 years or so? If that's the case, it doesn't make sense to plant trees there when they fairly recently removed some pretty hearty trees.

• Like 2

Blue flags are probably the 4 corners of a building or tent.

Orange/red- entrance and exit.

I could see the entrance being in the back for space for queue in the access road and exit being right next to the former Beast exit.

I'm betting on a new Haunt attraction.

Pink flags are survey markers for digging and blue indicate water mains/ lines for digging/location of... purposes.

The first flag in the picture has writing on it enlarged it appears to be one of the following:

ekava

ekave

e/cava

e/canal

e/cave

any guesses?

• Like 2