Crowd expectations Memorial Day Weekend

Free admission for military over the Memorial Day weekend begins Friday, so chances are it is going to be more busy than otherwise.

Thanks for the info.

What about Memorial Day itself? I figured Saturday and Sunday get pretty crowded, but what about Monday?

My work schedule is brutal through at least the end of June so I'm trying to squeeze a day in May while I can!

Guest dtk1376

That is some good information in that link (of course I would replace the Cleveland and Detroit part with Columbus & Lexington). Also another thing to always check for is local school schedules or random holidays (Election Day, Memorial Day, etc) for days that kids might be out of school.

At the risk of sounded redundant, I will say it again: Based upon my experience I find that 3-day holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day are not as crowded as you think. For example I was at CP Memorial Day Weekend 2 years ago and, even with the free military tickets, the park still was not that crowded. I am just speculating but I think most people simply would rather do other things on such holidays rather than going to an amusement park such as a family picnic or a ballgame.

• Like 2

The last couple of years, Memorial Day Friday crowds have been worse than regular May Friday crowds, but still not bad.

Thanks for the info.

At the risk of sounded redundant, I will say it again: Based upon my experience I find that 3-day holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day are not as crowded as you think. For example I was at CP Memorial Day Weekend 2 years ago and, even with the free military tickets, the park still was not that crowded. I am just speculating but I think most people simply would rather do other things on such holidays rather than going to an amusement park such as a family picnic or a ballgame.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I've decided that concern over crowd size will not be what keeps me out of the park this weekend; the ability to leave work early tomorrow and/or the plans my wife has for me on Monday are much bigger deterrents.