thoe124's Trip Reports

thoe124

This should be interesting...

SO, first of all, there was a crap ton of security waving metal detector wands over everyone who wanted to come in. I cant see why. They havent done that since 2011, i think. Second, Drop Tower was looking like it was ready to be fixed. The catch car was at the bottom of the tower, and there were some big piston-ish things at the bottom. Here is a horrible drawing in Paint of what it looks like.

cb1VPoP.pngSo i rode Banshee first, and that was fun. 2 minute wait for row 1.

Then i looked at Drop Tower and tried to figure this out ^

After that, i went and rode AE, (3 minute wait) and it broke. When i got to the gate, and the train came in, and the gates opened, (i was in 3rd to back) i looked, and the handle bar was missing on the right side. So i looked closer, and there were two rusty spiky pipes sticking out where the handle bar should have been. So, i looked in the car, and there, laying on the floor of the car, was the handle bar. So i held it up and showed a ride op, and they started freaking out. Apparently, this has never ever happened. They were all like "OH. MY. GLOB. WHAT? THIS IS REALLY WEIRD. WHAT HAPPENED?! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE! WHAT DO WE DO" etc... So i left that ride, (after riding ) and the rest of the day, nobody was allowed to ride in the back two cars on that train. I forget which train it was...

So then i went and got in line for racer, and then there was a protein spill, and i left. (I have a rather weak stomach when it comes to watching somebody else puke)

So i went to Flight of Fear. The sign said it had a 30 minute wait, so i decided to wait. It turned out to be more like 20, though. But there was almost no air conditioning. So when i got off, i was all hot and sweaty. So naturally, i went and bought a soda at the Jukebox Diner!

I had a raspberry Sprite. It was de-lish.

So after my soda, of course, i decided to go and ride the most awesome wooden roller coaster (and the longest) in the world,

The Beast.

It was the first time i have almost had a protein spill myself after a ride. But, the wait was only about 3 minutes for front row.

Oh wait. Before The Beast, i had ridden Backlot Stunt Coaster. (3 minute wait for row 1) That was fun. I didn't feel sick on that one like i did on The Beast. (Yurk) So then, after The Beast, i went and rode the oldest, and second most awesome wooden coaster at Kings Island,

The Racer.

That was fun, but someone else decided to spill some protein, so i ended up exiting back through the gates and down the entrance ramp. So, then, it was time to go and meet Ohiocolts.

Yup

. He was there.

You probably know that already.

But I am mentioning it again.

This has been an awkward mentioning of Ohiocolts by thoe124.

Anyway, we met up and rode the worlds longest inverted roller coaster,

Banshee. (Not to be confused with THE Banshee, which is some invisible coaster that i heard about from some guy last week. He also told me about The Diamondback, and The Son of The Beast.)

Banshee was fun, and we rode in row 8.

This time it was a 6 minute wait. (Man that girl devours lines!)

Then, me and Ohiocolts went and rode Invertigo, which was a 2 minute wait.

Then we rode it again.

We just switched to the other side of our car.

Then, he and I went and rode the second oldest wooden roller coaster at Kings Island, and probably the one with the most name changes,

Woodstock Express.

This was fun, and he got a really great picture that he didnt buy.

Then, he and i went and rode the one and only Zamperla Disko coaster at Kings Island,

Surf Dog.

This was relatively fun, especially, the hump in the middle.

(0 Minute wait!)

Then, it was time to go meet #Jonathan (jcgolbe3)

in front of #Jonathan (noodle of awesomeness that #Jonathan hates.)

He wasnt there yet, so ohiocolts and i went and rode the elevator to the top of the second tallest attraction at Kings Island,

Eiffel Tower.

This was fun, but then #Jonathan texted ohiocolts,

and (i am going to call him Lucas from now on)

so he texted Lucas, and we came down.

He said no pictures, but we got one anyway...

So then, we all went and rode Diamondback.

(Not to be confused with The Diamondback, which i mentioned earlier. By the way, does anyone know where to find The Diamondback?)

That was fun, and there was a 12 minute wait.

This was the second longest line all day. (Flight of Fear was the longest)

So after Diamondback, we all went and had dinner at the Jukebox Diner.

I thought i had enough money for an actual meal,

but nooooo, they raised the prices of things since last year.

My $10 didnt buy me any meal, just a box of crappy fries and a drink. (Drink was better)

After that, we went and rode the only coaster at Kings Island themed almost exactly to the Paramount film Italian Job,

(but not quite, since Kings Island is no longer owned by Paramount),

Backlot Stunt Coaster.

(wow i have improved on this TR greatly since i started)

That was fun, and then, i rode it again, while Lucas and #Jonathan went and rode Vortex.

(By the way, does anyone know where to find The Vortex? I cant find it anywhere!)

But after they rode Vortex, and I rode Backlot Stunt Coaster,

all the rides closed due to rain.

So we ran for cover in the Dino-Store.

Then, after the rain, i went over to the Runts machine by the Dino-Store,

and found that the cap was unlocked.

So I told an employee, and he was like "Really? I want some!" So i took some too.

(as naturally i would)

It was de-lish.

Just like the raspberry Sprite.

So, after the Runts, #Jonathan left, and me and Lucas went to one of the only two indoor Premier Rides Spaghetti Bowl Coasters in the world themed to The Outer Limits, that just happened to have horrible air conditioning today,

Flight of Fear.

(Not to be confused with The Flight of Fear... please can anyone help me find these invisible rides?!)

We rode three times, with 2 minute waits each time.

The change in my pocket + the restraint did not work out very well.

(I now have a bruise)

After we rode Flight of Fear, we went and rode Banshee again.

But we didnt get to ride it because it was down.

Oh wait. Somewhere between Banshee and Planet Snoopy,

me and Lucas rode one of the only 2 Giant Frisbee rides in the US, Delirium.

So when Banshee was closed, Lucas and I split up, and he went and rode The Bat

(not to be confused with Bat)

and ate dinner.

I meanwhile proved that I knew more about Invertigo than the ride ops working there.

So then, Invertigo started working, and I got to ride it all by my self.

Yay.

By that time, Banshee was running again, and Lucas and I rode the 3rd to last train of the day.

And then the park closed.

And then, we left.

And then i got into the car.

Then my dad drove me home.

Then, i got home, and started writing this TR.

The end.

-thoe124

• Like 5

Then, after the rain, i went over to the Runts machine by the Dino-Store, and found that the cap was unlocked. So I told an employee, and he was like "Really? I want some!" So i took some too. (as naturally i would) It was de-lish.

It sounds like that employee was irresponsible, but that doesn't mean that you should be too.

Hopefully you told Guest Services, so that this machine can be cleaned and repaired. I certainly wouldn't want to eat anything out of a candy machine that guests had been reaching into.

• Like 3

5/28/14

So... where to begin.... hmmmmm....

So my friend Colin and I walked into the front gate. (ill try to keep this one short)

It was the best day ever. The end.

Haha not. So we walked to the front gate and went to Banshee's lockers. I put in my stuff. Then we rode Banshee and Delirium and Adventure Express and Colin rode Flight of Fear and i rode Vortex and WindSeeker and then we met up and went and rode Backlot Stunt Coaster and then Diamondback and then he rode Boo Blasters on Boo Hill while I went to Banshee's Lockers and on my way, in Lotsapalooza, i found this:

K0qT7Zq.jpg

A shirt that says that Mean Streak is actually The Beast. Good grief!

So then we found out that lockers dont unlock when you run out of time and you have to give them more money. We felt sorry for all of thoes people that leave all their money inside the locker XD. So then, we went and rode Banshee a couple more times. Then we went up Coney Mall and hit Racer and all the flat rides. We also rode FOF, and it literally felt like a wheel came off the ride while we were on it. Car 1. So after the flats and FOF, we went through Dinosaurs Alive. It was fun. It was also my first time. It really dosent feel like youre in an amusement park back there. So then we rode WindSeeker and then Vortex, and then The Beast, and then went back to Action Zone to watch Cirque Imagine. It was GREAT! Then, we rode Banshee a few more times and then went home. I will post my video about it later after I upload it.

The real end.

• Like 4

Friday May 30 2014

So I got off the metro at the park and ride area, and walked to the Soak City entrance. In Soak City, I went and changed into swim trunks and put my stuff on a beach chair. Then, i went and hung out in Breakers Bay for a while. Then, i went and stood in line for Mondo Monsoon for about 30 minutes. It was below my expectations. But it would have been more fun if they made the platform higher and made the tubes go all the way around the top of the funnel. So then i headed over to Graeters and got a black raspberry chip ice cream. (my favorite) and went to Tidal Wave bay. TWB was more fun than Breakers Bay. So i stayed there for about 20 minutes and then went back and changed back into my clothes and headed to the train. I got on the train, and set down my bag and my souvenir cup. Then, someone heavy got on, and it rocked the car just enough to tip my souvenir cup over and it fell into the bushes on the other side of the train. Then, i had to wait for the train to leave so that an employee could go over to the other side to get it. Then, i went and got a drink. (Mello Yellow) After that i walked back past the picnic grove and through Planet Snoopy to Diamondback. Diamondback was down, so i waited in the line that was forming outside the queue. So then Diamondback went back up as soon as i got in line, and i waited about 25 minutes to ride in 8-1-2. Then i walked over to the Jukebox Diner and got a Sprite peach. (My favorite soda!) After that i rode WindSeeker, and then walked through the Arcade on my way to Banshee. In the arcade, ohiocolts ran up and grabbed me from behind and scared me. I almost dropped my Sprite! Then I looked back and the rest of the KIC group was there. (malem, ohiocolts, jcgolbe3, and someone who i cant remember his name right now) So with the group, we went and rode Racer. (10 minute wait) Then Adventure Express. (5 minute wait) Then The Bat (3 minute wait) Then of course, Banshee. (20 minute wait) After Banshee, the guy who i cant remember his name had to leave right then so i had to run to the lockers by AE and get his cup and my bag out. Then, we got a fireworks ride on Adventure Express, and then the group split up and I left.

:D:D:D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

JUNE 11 2014

THE OTHER D R O P T O W E R REPORT

SO...

Me and my friends Ethan, Kadin and Josh got to Kings Island at 10:00, and headed for Action Zone. There were almost 0 people there. We headed for Banshee, but it was closed due to heavy rain. (It was raining a lot) So we rode Delirium. Delirium was fun. It was deliriously fun. It was Delirium. Then, Ethan, Kadin, and Josh headed for Drop Tower. At this point in time, i had only been on Drop Tower once, and it was the worst thing i had ever been on. But i had agreed to ride it, or give everyone free sodas all day. So, they rode it a few times, and then... I got on. I had a freak out at the top. And then suddenly, it------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ uhhhhhhh wow it dropped. Then after that i rode:

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

Diamondback

White Water Canyon

Diamondback

Beast

Racer

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Drop Tower

Guess what my new favorite ride is?

• Like 2

Those pistons look like the hydraulic dampeners at the bottom of the ride that support the gondola at the bottom/act as a failsafe

They were actually the things that hold the cables to the catch car.

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe the Grand Carousel? It couldn't possibly be Drop Tower, could it? ;)

White Water Canyon? Or maybe Diamondback?

confused razmataz ;)

It IS Drop Tower! ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

July Second 2014.

So i got to Kings Island at about 4:30 and went in through the SS entrance. Then i took the KI&MV Railroad to Rivertown, where i rode Diamondback. Then, i went to Coney Mall and rode Vortex and Backlot. After that, i went and got a 6 inch sub from Subway, devoured it, and then rode Drop Tower. Then, I went and rode Banshee, and then went and saw Cirque Imagine. Got an awesome front row seat! (Loved the new act!) Then i came back out into Action Zone, and they had parked Drop Tower, and closed Invertigo, but Banshee was still running. I didnt get in line for anything for fear of waiting in line for it to close when i got on or something. But the rides stayed open for another hour. Of course, right when i got in line for Diamondback, it closed. Then, i went and rode Kite Eating Tree, just so i can say ive ridden it. Not a bad ride! Then, i got band aids from first aid, (i cut my finger yesterday) and then rode Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Boo Blasters had a delay for about five minutes, and i was stuck in a pitch black skeleton section. It also kept speeding up and slowing down. (Weird.) Then i got ouf of that and walked around in the rain and took some pics. Then i spent 7 dollars trying to win a Microsoft Surface in the Coney Mall Arcade. Then, i left.

I am assuming you didn't win?

Also, how did you remember all of this if you went a month ago?

I'm assuming that he meant July 1st. :)

I meant July Second, not June first. And no, i didnt win. (Those choice of prize displayed boxes must weigh 10 pounds!)

I am assuming you didn't win?

Also, how did you remember all of this if you went a month ago?

I'm assuming that he meant July 1st. :)

I meant July Second, not June first. And no, i didnt win. (Those choice of prize displayed boxes must weigh 10 pounds!)

And in this post you meant July 1st, not July 2nd, considering your trip report was posted at 12:04 AM on July 2nd.

Edit: beaten! :)

• Like 1