PKI 4-13

DegenRider

I decided to goto PKI this morning. I made a good choice. I arrived at 9am. HB was open for gold pass holders I went to HB and got in on scooby doo right before it opened.

Scooby was fun. I had 2 blasters so my score was high. It was good fun.

Next up was beastie.

I road in the front had a fun little ride the breaks were on hard this morning. I tried to get on taxi jam but no one would let me rent a kid.

I waited around for rivertown to open so I could ride The Beast.

Beast was ummm I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe it was just problems waking up. 1st half was ok second half was a tad slow.

Flyers were next.

I did 2 cycles got good pops and snaps.

Vortex.

It was running well I sat in the back so I could get that airtime. Not bad on the headbanging either.

SpongeBob in 3-d

It was fun but not as good as 7th portal. This should of been on the B side of the theater and kept 7th portal.

FOF

Very fun. On ride photo is back!

Monster

I had a nice time on it.Spun alot

Adventure Express

it was ok all the effects worked.

Top Gun.

Short sweet and to the point.

Congo

GOD THAT WATER IS COLD!

-------------------------------------

food for the day was subway. BLT and blueberry icee good time.

Rides not operating

recaR TRTR

I also went today. I got to the park at about 10:00. The sign said SOB, Face/Off and TR would be closed, but only TR ended up being closed all day. In order I rode: Drop Zone, SOB, Delirium, AE, Racer, FOF, Vortex, Beast, Sponge Bob, Delirium again, Face/Off, and Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Delirium was really cool. It was even better than I thought it would be. Sponge Bob was alright, but I thought 7th Portal was better. Looks like they're getting an Indiana Jones-type simulator in next to it though, so that looks pretty cool. Scooby Doo was also really fun. I noticed that Racer got a new sign. King Cobra is still there, some of the track is in a field behind SOB and the rest is in a clearing near The Racer's lift hill. If you go into the Eifel Tower and look right past The Racer's lift to the right, you'll see a clearing with most of KC's track.

Well, I also went today and I was surprised that it wasn't crowded at all.

I got to the park at about 11:30. The metal detectors were simple and easy to walk through. I had no problem with them.

I decided to got to The Beast first. I arrive at a glorious sight... The Beast is a walk on and running 3 trains. The first drop didn't feel like anything with the excessive braking. It still was a great ride even with the slow drop. I actually got 2 straight rides on it without even getting out of my seat!

Next ride was Vortex since TR:TR was not running. Vortex was also a walk on and still fun.

After Vortex I was off to ride Spongebob. I wasn't expecting much from it since I do not watch Spongebob. What I got was a horrible ride and much disapointment. Half of the ride you are just sitting still and nothing is happening. 3D effects were hardly used. I don't know why this is in the Action F/X Theater because there is no action. This is definatly the worst ride that has been in the Theater. I won't pay another visit to this ride again.

Next was FOF. Yea, no line in the UFO queue line! The front seat was a blast. I don't know if it was running faster or if it has just been a long time since I've ridden it, but it sure felt fast.

Time for Drop Zone, only a 10 minute wait. This was my best ride of the day. Since it has been so long since I last rode it, it felt more like 10 seconds when I was dropping than the actual 2 seconds. I thought it would never end. I was so glad that I finally got to ride again.

After Drop Zone it was Top Gun. I got to ride in the front seat of the new train. I noticed that the restraint has softer padding than the old one. The new train made the ride feel better.

After all this it was time to go. I didn't get to ride SDATHC or Delirium because I didn't feel like waiting a long time when I already got to ride them on Media Day. It was 2:30 and I was glad that I got to ride so much in such little time. I would highly reccomend going to PKI early on a Sunday if you want the shortest rides on a weekend. I've been waiting all winter and it has finally come. Thank you PKI for a great day!