"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island

BoddaH1994

^ The KI website originally listed the current schedule (off Tuesday) as specific to this week (May 24-30), but applicable dates are no longer there. I'd definitely trust the news article and park signage going forward.

Last-minute schedule changes are possible, so checking the website when planning a trip is always a good idea.

I enjoyed the show emmesnly, it really is something different for the park and the crowd (and myself) were eating it up.

I think they could have used a few more tech rehearsals to prepare for opening day but that's just my technical side coming out. The show it self was great, had a few awkward (nothing is happening) moments but overall I left the show happy and wanting to see it again. I personally hope that this and last years magic show is a sign of things to come for the entertainment department!

• Like 3

The KI app specifically labels the listings that say Tuesday off as being for this week, but doesn't have any further schedule. I suspect it is true the only reason it is off Tuesday this week is because of Memorial Day, and it will be off Monday next week.

I'm really looking forward to the show, but don't know when I'm going to get to see it. In the hours since I checked this morning and saw tomorrow's weather looked good, tomorrow's forecast has gotten more stormy. Hopefully it goes back to what they were previously predicting (a couple days ago): stormy Tuesday and Wednesday but nice Thursday.

• Like 1

I did not.

However, I watched on Saturday at 7:00pm and it was, not surprisingly, a great show. I love circus shows, good ones anyways with acrobatics and humor. My favorite humor moment is probably the ending gag with the see-saw. (trying not to spoil things even though it'll be repeated all season long)

I have huge appreciation for the tricks I can do, at few, and especially the ones I can't.

I gave a standing ovation without the pressure from everyone else. I.. IMAGINE... many others do and would have the same reactions as the people on this thread. (Cirque Imagine? No? okay..)

• Like 2

Saw the show during the Media Preview on Friday Night that the park opened up to the public. What an awesome gesture by the park to do that and the show is amazing. The theater was packed and the folks around us were honestly on the edge of their seats with anticipation on what the performers would do next. Highly entertaining and something I know my family will go back and see again and again. The previous shows in the theater were something you watched once and that was good enough, Ed Alonzo started to change the quality of the shows in the theater, but Cirque took it to a new level.

Also the main set piece the giant color changing mountain is really amazing to lookout and how the performers interact with it and the sound track actually adds to the suspense and performance value of the show. Some of the technical set pieces are quite impressive as well.

I was skeptical of this show and thought it would be just ok and kind of cheesy. Thank you for proving me wrong KI. Can't wait to see it again and again and again.

• Like 8

I saw the show on Sunday with my kids, who both enjoyed it. Like Ryan, I too have seen multiple Cirque du Soleil productions, so I wasn't expecting that, but for the size of the stage, I'd say they made great use of it. I guessed the performers are all in their early-mid 20s, and they were quite skilled. I think the show will appeal to a broader audience than Alonzo did and I'm glad the park decided to go in this direction. I particulary enjoyed the last major act with the performers all vaulting up and down the set piece-which is a mainstay of all Cirque shows. Also, the clown balancing with the ring is also a common Cirque feature-albeit with a bigger contraption, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The theatre was prob about 95% filled at my showing with ushers finding seats for those arriving last minute. I hope the show does someting different if it sticks around for Haunt.

• Like 6

Major props to KI for bringing this addition to the park and obviously the amazing performers of Cirque Imagine. Great to see the standing ovation at the conclusion since it was highly deserving of the praise.

Please everybody, do yourself a favor and DO-NOT-MISS this show!

• Like 3

I've been seeing reports from friends on Facebook that one of today's shows was canceled partway through due to an injury to one of the performers.

Yeah, I was at the show. A clown got hurt during the catipult act. I was Tweeting with the "bike guy" and he said that his injured comrade left the building in good spirits. Of course, we wish him the best!!
  • Like 6

It was the acrobat who does the ring and works with the girl who does the rope. It was on one of the higher jumps on the see-saw where the third acrobat presses down with his leg when the other two land. He landed with one foot on the thick mat and one on the thin. He moved the mat the other way before the jump, which was a mistake apparently. If he can't go, it'll be interesting to see how they mix it up. I feel bad for the poor guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was the acrobat who does the ring and works with the girl who does the rope. It was on one of the higher jumps on the see-saw where the third acrobat presses down with his leg when the other two land. He landed with one foot on the thick mat and one on the thin. He moved the mat the other way before the jump, which was a mistake apparently. If he can't go, it'll be interesting to see how they mix it up. I feel bad for the poor guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard many of them can do each others parts. I agree, the show will be interesting come Tuesday.
  • Like 1

That is the one thing about these circus aerial acts-I always get so nervous that something is going to go wrong. I could barely watch that Wallenda guy when he did the wire walk a few years back from the entrance to the tower and back.

• Like 1

Many types of performances involve some risk. Those involved obviously go through a lot of practice and training, but mistakes are a fact of life.

It's sad to see that someone got hurt. Hopefully it's nothing serious, and he can get back to the show quickly!

• Like 2

I was also there for that performance, and it was my first time seeing the show. Unfortunately it was cut short due to an injury to one of the acrobats. This is an excerpt from my TR:

It occurred early on in the show, during the teeter-totter like performance. He appeared to land awkwardly upon hitting the mat, and rolled off to the side. The other performers immediately signaled to stop the show, carried him off, and the curtain closed. Obviously, I don't know the extent of the injury or all of the circumstances, but keep this young man in your thoughts and prayers that he will have a speedy recovery.

Although the performance was cut short, it did look very promising and thrilling. I am interested to see it in its entirety, as well as to see if they continue the stunt on which that young man was injured. From the very short bits that I saw, it looks like KI has another winner here.

• Like 2

I was also there for that performance, and it was my first time seeing the show. Unfortunately it was cut short due to an injury to one of the acrobats. This is an excerpt from my TR:

It occurred early on in the show, during the teeter-totter like performance. He appeared to land awkwardly upon hitting the mat, and rolled off to the side. The other performers immediately signaled to stop the show, carried him off, and the curtain closed. Obviously, I don't know the extent of the injury or all of the circumstances, but keep this young man in your thoughts and prayers that he will have a speedy recovery.

Although the performance was cut short, it did look very promising and thrilling. I am interested to see it in its entirety, as well as to see if they continue the stunt on which that young man was injured. From the very short bits that I saw, it looks like KI has another winner here.

I'm not sure what this will mean for the show. Their normal off day is Monday, so don't freak out when it's not playing tomorrow. I've heard nothing to imply that shows will be canceled. Clearly something will have to be reworked.

Definitely check out the show again. You have yet to see some of the best parts!

• Like 3