"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island

BoddaH1994

You guys weren't kidding! My son and I watched this today and loved it! It was definitely similar to the only Cirque du Soleil I have seen live and I was surprised at the quality of the performance. I can't remember the last time I watched one of the KI shows in the theater but this is one I will see again and recommend.

A note to other parents... My son is seven and was a little freaked out in the beginning with the smoke and clowns. He was very afraid that they were going to touch him when they were interacting with the crowd. Once they started doing tricks though he was obviously enjoying the show. He refused to clap though, because "the clowns are creepy." ;)

• Like 4

Ah, so there were five clowns in the show originally (looking at the picture of them above taking bows with their injured comrade, including the man on the far right)? He apparently does not have an understudy because the other four in that picture were the only clowns I saw on Thursday (June 5th). That explains a bit of oddness I noticed in the trampoline act when they were "juggling" themselves, three on one side but only two on the other.

There was no actual juggling in my show, so was the injured clown the one who had done that? I see it in the publicity photos, but that's it.

I don't know if they were just having an off day, but I was somewhat underwhelmed by parts of the show I saw. The ones that impressed me the most, however, were the biking dragon, the woman on the ring, and the tall long-haired clown when he was on the trampoline. He was the only one in the show who really performed with a practiced smoothness that hid the effort. The taller of the two clowns that had the bright hair (so, not the long haired clown, shortest clown, injured clown, or Niko) had a very endearing quality, which made me want to watch him the most.

Most of my problems with the show occurred before the show. I wish the employees in the theater spent a little less time before the show trying to get the audience to scream for no reason, and a little more time actually ushering people to the empty seats left when they made everyone compress to the center. Or doing anything that didn't involve them standing at the very front of the theater saying things most of the theater couldn't hear. The lack of microphones made pretty much everything they said dissolve into the crowd noise (and I was only like 5 rows back, so I'm sure the people behind me were unaware of any of their instructions that weren't made clear by miming). That made the children around me unaware they were supposed to be screaming to "support" their theater section (left, right, or center), and just screamed along every time anyone else in the theater did. So, it became more or less ten minutes of random shrill screaming in an enclosed place, how fun!

I'm definitely going to see the show again, though. The overarching theme is very fun, and there are moments of greatness. I am sure the performances will get a little smoother as they get more under their belt as the season goes on.

• Like 1

I have been studying the Cirque Imagine showtimes flyer I got last time at the park, am I'm pretty sure the one juggling in the photo is the one who played Niko in my show (hard to tell for sure from the under-the-chin angle). I looked online and also found a picture of a guy in black/grey on rollerblades jumping over a clown using the arch over the dragon lair entrance. No one on rollerblades was in my show either, so far as I can remember, although I believe that performer was in my show in some capacity.

I'm definitely led to believe in some way the show I watched was foreshortened.

I also found one photo online that seemed to have the injured clown interacting with the woman in white as only Niko did in my show. Was he playing that role earlier in the season?

I watched then 5 P.M. yesterday (6/7/14) and was really impressed. I tried to stay away from "spoilers" so I would go in there with no expectations. If there was a change to the performance due to injury or whatever I couldn't tell it as the performance appeared smooth and seamless.

I highly recommend seeing this to anyone.

I plan on seeing this again (if not numerous time) this season.

Later,

Mark

• Like 3

I have been studying the Cirque Imagine showtimes flyer I got last time at the park, am I'm pretty sure the one juggling in the photo is the one who played Niko in my show (hard to tell for sure from the under-the-chin angle). I looked online and also found a picture of a guy in black/grey on rollerblades jumping over a clown using the arch over the dragon lair entrance. No one on rollerblades was in my show either, so far as I can remember, although I believe that performer was in my show in some capacity.

I'm definitely led to believe in some way the show I watched was foreshortened.

I also found one photo online that seemed to have the injured clown interacting with the woman in white as only Niko did in my show. Was he playing that role earlier in the season?

Neco played the following parts: (with as little detail as possible to avoid spoilers)

He was in the intro along with act 1. He was replaced by the current "Neco" doing essentially the same gig.

He had a big part in the seesaw act. That was where he got hurt, from a botched landing. Now, it's mainly the tall guy with long hair.

Same gig with the rope lady.

He did the giant ring act, which is now performed by the ultra-limber lady.

He was NOT in the trampoline scene, as the new "Neco" is not as well

He was in the finale, but I don't think he juggled. The white/black dressed guy juggled, but I can't remember which clown worked with him. They haven't done it since Neco 1 got hurt. It really wasn't an entire scene, it was just something that happened in the backround while Trevor (bike guy) went out into the audience.

Some changes, still a great show.

• Like 4

I love the show more each time I see it. The "rope lady" is truly amazing. I cannot imagine the hours of practice she has endured to get to her level of performance. She's breathtaking to watch.

The gal that is now doing the ring is really good. Initially, I thought Neco 1 was better, but the gal holds her own. I think as the show progresses, this gal will be awesome.

The trampoline part is cool. It's like they just glide or float. It's just cool to watch. They make it look effortless.

I had posted a pic of Trevor the other day on Twitter. I don't know how he does his bike stunts. Even though he chalks it up to calculated risks. I think the clowns are brave, crazy or a bit if both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

New act being added to Cirque Imagine here soon, that will be exciting to see.

I had heard that they cut an act initially due to injury before the show opened and that it would be back soon, but that was before Nico 1 got hurt. Wait and see, I suppose...

Hey! Kind of a late post, but I had the opportunity to see this show 2 weekends ago. I have to be honest. I'm a child of the 80's and I have yet to see anything that reminds me of the talent that graced Kings Island's shows during that period and the early 90's......until now. Great job guys. For the 1st time in decades I clapped because I meant it. I didn't wanna look away. The guy on the bike, the girl on the rope, the clowns..all of it! Wow! Good job guys! Very God job. PS. There was this guy named Don standing right behind me at the show. Hopefully my Florida Gator Hat didn't get in his line of sight.

• Like 5

I honestly wish there was a video of the show. Not necessarily on Youtube, but maybe on DVD for purchase. Like marlfox_21 I've not always been impressed with shows at the park. This one blew every other show out of the park. I can honestly say, I teared up because it was so beautiful. So many things could have been interpreted for story line, the point of the show, etc.

I am extremely happy the park has brought this act in.

• Like 4

Not sure, will have to ask

Also yesterdays show, noticed they added a small cash only concessions stand during the 30 min. before the show. Various bottled drinks, candies, etc. Reasonably priced too, was nice to grab a Coke & Sweet Tarts to nom on while sitting there waiting listening to Happy three times :D

That snack cart was there a few weeks ago too! It is nice to have that option in there!