"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island!

To say that "Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island is a showcase of strength, balance, and athleticism is an incredible understatement for a show that offers such an amazing spectacle for children and adults alike.

Late Friday afternoon, Kings Island announced that they would allow their guests to see a sneak preview of the most anticipated show of the park's 2014 entertainment lineup. Dozens of members of the media as well as hundreds of lucky park goers eagerly awaited the beginning of the show which was set to start later that evening. Some guests lined up over an hour in advance to grab what was being called "limited seating" for this impromptu park perk.

Those who waited to snag a seat for this preview spent their time wisely. As one act ended and the next began, a concert-like roar of applause swept through the theater. While each stunt was performed, a nervous gasp for air could be heard followed by a collective sigh of relief by the patrons in attendance. Amazed spectators gave the cast a standing ovation following the final bow to the likes of a fine symphony or orchestral performance.

There are few words to describe the energy behind this spectacle, yet I feel as though I can not say enough about it. It is beyond what one would call a "must see" show and treads into the territory of, "you've got to see it to believe it."

Well done, Kings Island. Well done.

"Cirque Imagine" opens May 24th and is included FREE with park admission. Other Kings Island entertainment options include "The Boyz Are Back" which is now playing in the Festhaus, "Charlie Brown's Hoedown" currently playing in the PEANUTS Playhouse, "Rock 'n Roll Never Forgets" opening May 31st, the return of the extremely popular "Flashback! Totally 80's!" on June 13th, as well as the live music of "Playlist Live!" on June 6th. All shows are included with park admission.

For more information including ticket prices, show schedules, calendar, special events and more, check out Kings Island's official web site at www.visitkingsisland.com

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Sure! I can only list the songs that I liked enough to buy, because those are the only ones I remember.

Assured Future - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/assured-future/id480850952?i=480850957

Augmented Reality - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/augmented-reality/id480850952?i=480850956

Seeing Stars - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/seeing-stars/id480850952?i=480850961

Anastasia - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/anastasia/id669289374?i=669289378

They used a lot of music from the same album called "Future Fidelity" by artists Peter Tong, Stuart Roslyn, and Paul Rogers. I'd have to say that I think my favorite is Seeing Stars which I believe is the song they use during bows.

I think Shazam keeps a log of things you've used it to ID... Just sayin' ;)

I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me it wasn't music written specifically for the show. I've woken up with one of the songs in my head and had it follow me through the day, on more than one occasion. I definitely will be buying some myself. Maybe I'll sit in the back row so I don't bug anyone and Shazam during a show next time I go.

Because of the rain, I ended up seeing Cirque Imagine again (twice in 4 days)

My seat was in the front row closest to the aisle. I ended up being the first of one of the people that got the bike tire "close call" !!

I was something of a bicycle stunter myself in my teenage days, so I have a certain appreciation for the skill that is exhibited. In my opinion, the bike act is the best part of the show,(awesome musical accompaniment) followed by ring girl. But there is not a dull moment in the show, and I really enjoy all of it. Also I'm jealous of the guy in the black jester costume as he is lucky to have a job with such appealing benefits ;)

As I heard a guest say: Cirque Imagine is a must see.

I plan to watch it yet again this season still, the two shows I have seen thus far have varied also.

• Like 5

My favorite is the girl on the rope. I've known her since Skeleton Crew @ CP. Very talented woman, and she makes her job look easy and flawless. Second is the Hand2Hand deal now, that's just awesome and really neat looking, plus it's neat being a bit more adult oriented ;P. After that the trampolines, even though I've seen acts like this time after time, they're still awesome every single show. Then I love the bike scene, it does come a bit even with the teeter totter deal to me, both have their awesome attributes. Girlfriend loves the bike scene for obvious reasons haha. I do enjoy when they clown around on the box for a bit, that was missing after the first show yesterday.

• Like 2

I think the entire show is great. The girl on the rope is beautiful and graceful. The talent each performer has is astounding to me. I think Trevor (the bike guy) is really good, he says it's calculated risks, I think he's crazy talented. If you follow him on Twitter, he's interactive with people which is nice to see. Hand2Hand is really a good addition. I miss the teeter totter part of the show, but seeing someone get hurt during the show, I am okay with the change.

• Like 4

I think the entire show is great. The girl on the rope is beautiful and graceful. The talent each performer has is astounding to me. I think Trevor (the bike guy) is really good, he says it's calculated risks, I think he's crazy talented. If you follow him on Twitter, he's interactive with people which is nice to see. Hand2Hand is really a good addition. I miss the teeter totter part of the show, but seeing someone get hurt during the show, I am okay with the change.

Which actor/actress got hurt during the show?

Trampoline girl was not in Saturday's shows. After Sam (the lil guy) seemingly got banged up at yesterday's 3:00 show, she returned for the 5:00 but wasn't in the 7:00. I guess she tried to tough out whatever was bothering her but didn't feel great about doing the 7:00 show. Purely speculation, of course. Ultimately they were down 2 people for the 7:00 show but still pulled it together.

• Like 1

Sam also wasn't in yesterday's (7/15) 5:00 show (I didn't see the other two). I was hoping they would be to full strength after their day off, and I really missed his presence. I was surprised before the show when some girls in the front row were yelling "hey Carl!" (the name of the most recent "Niko") up to the catwalk in the front, because that isn't where he usually comes down: that has been Sam for every show I had seen so far.

Three clowns just wasn't enough. They did very little clowning on the box: only the bit after Trevor the bike-dragon showed up; and the teeter-totter was entirely removed this time. The others weren't quite as smooth at performing the parts that Sam traditionally has (getting stuck on the way down in the beginning, on the trike later, etc).

The new young woman on the ring is very talented. The one who I have seen on the ring in the past is very talented as well, and I missed her too, particularly the attitude she had that came across on the stage. The new woman has a body shape so similar to the one who is in the new Hand2Hand act, at first I thought it was the same person when she came out. She has some interesting different tricks she does, and I enjoyed watching her.

Because I was concerned for the missing clown, and for the states of all of the cast (is it that 19 shows a week are too many for their bodies to take?) I found it hard to enjoy the show as a whole yesterday. Everybody is performing very well, though.

• Like 4

Sure! I can only list the songs that I liked enough to buy, because those are the only ones I remember.

Assured Future - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/assured-future/id480850952?i=480850957

Augmented Reality - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/augmented-reality/id480850952?i=480850956

Seeing Stars - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/seeing-stars/id480850952?i=480850961

Anastasia - https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/anastasia/id669289374?i=669289378

They used a lot of music from the same album called "Future Fidelity" by artists Peter Tong, Stuart Roslyn, and Paul Rogers. I'd have to say that I think my favorite is Seeing Stars which I believe is the song they use during bows.

I love Seeing Stars and Assured Future. I don't really want to buy the album..but maybe I'll just buy those two songs. So beautiful and so relaxing.

• Like 2

Sam also wasn't in yesterday's (7/15) 5:00 show (I didn't see the other two). I was hoping they would be to full strength after their day off, and I really missed his presence. I was surprised before the show when some girls in the front row were yelling "hey Carl!" (the name of the most recent "Niko") up to the catwalk in the front, because that isn't where he usually comes down: that has been Sam for every show I had seen so far.

Three clowns just wasn't enough. They did very little clowning on the box: only the bit after Trevor the bike-dragon showed up; and the teeter-totter was entirely removed this time. The others weren't quite as smooth at performing the parts that Sam traditionally has (getting stuck on the way down in the beginning, on the trike later, etc).

The new young woman on the ring is very talented. The one who I have seen on the ring in the past is very talented as well, and I missed her too, particularly the attitude she had that came across on the stage. The new woman has a body shape so similar to the one who is in the new Hand2Hand act, at first I thought it was the same person when she came out. She has some interesting different tricks she does, and I enjoyed watching her.

Because I was concerned for the missing clown, and for the states of all of the cast (is it that 19 shows a week are too many for their bodies to take?) I found it hard to enjoy the show as a whole yesterday. Everybody is performing very well, though.

Many of us thought she was the same girl as HAND2HAND. Similar costumes and similar size. The view of the stage can be defying.
  • Like 3

The new one on the ring appears to have Asian ancestry, while the one in the other act does not. I saw both of them on stage at the same time during bows, so I know for sure they aren't the same person :)

Oddly enough, I noticed the woman from the trampoline act skipped bows during that performance, though. She has always seemed more stoic and distant than the other performers (a bit like a living doll in my opinion) so I was quite surprised to hear her give a cheerful ululating call from the top of the trampoline structure as a signal that the act was beginning.

• Like 2