"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island!

I'd love a DVD! In case I hadn't mentioned it before ;)

I dyed my hair recently, and I think my color choice was subconsciously influenced by the clowns in Cirque Imagine. I realized last time I went to the park in my twin low pigtails (to keep my hair under control and out of the way of headrests on things like FOF) and my bangs that I was practically doing Wendy (of fast food fame) cosplay. It is very red.

• Like 6

Caught today's 7:00 show. They have four clowns again. Sam has been replaced :( I was hoping he would recover and rejoin the show.

The new guy is really good though. I can no longer refer to Julian as the long haired clown now (guess he's the tall long haired clown, and the new guy is the shorter long haired clown), because the new guy also has long hair. He's quite impressive on the trampoline, too.

They also did the longest box play at the beginning that I've seen for awhile. It was energetic and fun. No return of the teeter totter, though. In the playing around in the audience at the beginning of the show, they found a woman in the audience with hair as red as the clowns (more red even than mine is now) and put some makeup on her nose and cheeks to make her match them. It was cute :)

• Like 6

I finally got another chance to see this all the way through again at the 7:00 show yesterday. I love the Hand2Hand act. Very cool and well-executed. I sat in the front row in the right-hand section (stage left) and got a bike tire in the face from Trevor. :D I love how the show is changing over the course of the season, making you want to see it again and again. KI definitely has a winner on their hands here.

• Like 4

We were sitting in row 4, aisle seats where Trevor comes down at the end into the audience. Princess Sparkles had his front tire an inch or so away from her face. The look on her face was priceless.

There is another new clown. He really favors the clown with long hair. Anyone know if they are brothers? The resemblance between the two is uncanny.

• Like 3

Other than the long hair, I didn't think he looked much like Julien (unless you mean by "another new clown" one different than the one I saw earlier in the week). There is a listing of the performers on the Cirque Imagine - Kings Island Facebook page, but it doesn't seem to be updated with the name of the new clown or the new ring performer. (I added some info I know to the quoted list)

Biography

Performers:

Carl Rom Colthoff - Trampoline (current Nico the clown)

Jonathan Julien - Trampoline & Hand 2 Hand

Alana Moggridge - Hand 2 Hand

Trevor Bodogh - Trial Bicycle (Twitter @trevorbodogh)

Solenne Bailly - Rope

Nico Bellemare - Ring (new one is, according to a Facebook pic, named Sara)

Kayla Gray - Trampoline

Joshua Vinette - Trampoline (one of the clowns, but I'm not sure if he was the first injury replacement, or the second one who is currently still performing. I don't think this is the new long haired clown, though)

Julien Roberge - Trampoline (tall, long haired clown)

Samuel Aylestock - Trampoline (this was the shortest clown who came out on the tricycle for the first couple months of the show, before he was apparently injured)

When the second-most-recent clown joined the troupe, I thought the first showing that he resembled Julien (tall long haired clown), especially around the nose. After a couple viewings I realized it was the makeup that was giving me the feeling.

• Like 3

Looking through the Facebook page farther, I see that the first replacement clown is named Jonathan Julien. After the original "Nico" was injured during a performance in the first week, he took over the role for awhile before another clown was brought in and Carl took the role of "Nico" instead.

Assuming that list I posted is to be believed about who is performing Hand2Hand, he didn't leave the show, he just changed parts when the second replacement clown was brought in.

Which makes me wonder, was someone else in the silver and black earlier in the season on the trampoline (all the relevant part changes were made before Hand2Hand started) and I missed the change? Or is the list wrong? Or is the tag on the Facebook photo wrong? Although linking to his personal page from it, he does look like second "Nico", I can't decide for sure whether he looks like the current guy on the trampoline and Hand2Hand.

Am I getting too stalker obsessed about this? :)

I still don't know for sure whether Joshua Vinette is the name of the long or short haired of the newest two clowns. I am inclined to believe the short haired one, since Sam is still listed, and the new long haired clown replaced him.

• Like 3

As I was leaving after the 5:00 show today, I saw Sam Aylestock, who had been a part of the audience too. He was talking to another audience member who recognized him, and raised the ballcap he was wearing to show his hair is still red, although obviously he wasn't in makeup. I am hoping the hair means that he will be returning to the show yet this season.

If that happens, though, I'm also hoping it will mean five clowns, because I would hate to lose any of the current ones, either. In addition to the fondness I have for the ones who have been around for awhile, I've been enjoying the energy the newest addition has been bringing to the show. And it was a real delight to watch him on the trampoline again today.

• Like 4

Julien deserves the break, but I'll definitely miss him flying through the air tomorrow.

It would be interesting if he "switched sides" and Julien became the silver and black costumed man in the trampoline act. Right now, the same person is going straight from being the muscle for Hand2Hand, to the trampoline, to bows. It's got to be exhausting for him: I would say he has the toughest role in the show.

• Like 4

^^ KI show times brochure has the performances listed until August 17th. Usually shows shut down except for some because of college starting for most. Hoping Playlist Live still will play weekends till Labor Day.

Edit to reflect Don's response , thank you Don , you the man !

I know the last day for The Boyz are Back is Sept. 7th as I asked one time after a show. I'm definitively planning on attending the last show that day as I love this show! :D More on topic, I didn't realize that Cirque Imagine's last show was coming up so soon. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it due to other plans, but it did have a fantastic run this year and I would love for it to come back next year.

EDIT: Striked out due to reflect the fact that Cirque Imagine ends August 17th. I still stand by my statement that it is/was a fantastic show and I'd love to see it again next year.