"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island!

The last show was their best show. I have seen the show 20+ (maybe 30+) times and loved the last show the best. What a great way to end this season. They looked like they were having a great time. I am going to miss this show. Thank you cast and crew for making this season a great one!

c6b749f8c64e976e4a92b160852b164e.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Most Live-E shows stay for two years at KI, I believe. I would be shocked to see Cirque not return next year. I'm wondering if it stays around that the show will be Cirque Imagine or if it'll be something like Cirque Dimensions. 

Sometimes a live show gets 3 years because a new one only gets its debut season :P (2015)

• Like 3

Most Live-E shows stay for two years at KI, I believe. I would be shocked to see Cirque not return next year. I'm wondering if it stays around that the show will be Cirque Imagine or if it'll be something like Cirque Dimensions. 

Sometimes a live show gets 3 years because a new one only gets its debut season :P (2015)

Are you talking about Boyz? TBH I liked that show.

• Like 3

Yep! I didn't think I'd like it initially, but I also liked that show!

Didn't realize I had a boy band fanatic inside me. I must have suppressed it deep down when I was younger.

-Edit- and I think it wouldn't been cool to have 2015 be the 2nd year of The Boyz and then have a 1st year of a girls 90s kind of show. Salt and Pepper, Britney Spears, Destiny's Child, anything else?

• Like 3

I got drawn down the rabbit hole again, of looking up videos on YouTube, etc, of my favorite Cirque performers, because I miss getting to see them on a regular basis. Tonight it was prompted by trying to find out more about the Origins show, to see if any familiar faces seem to be coming back (I haven't found anything /at all/ other than the mention of the name on KI's site).

As I've somewhat "followed" these talented people's careers, and see them performing in places all around the world, it seems like such a strange life to me. A couple months in Vegas, now Germany, maybe back to Canada, etc. As strange as that is to me, as far as their careers go, doing something like Cirque Imagine is probably much more unusual for them. Doing a show for several months in the same place, with the same small cast, and many of the same audience members, is something that doesn't seem to happen often for an acrobatic performer.

Although a show at a seasonal park doesn't have the same cachet as Cirque du Soleil, for example, what it does offer is a chance for fans to get to know the performers, and vice versa. I know from things I've been told that hasn't always been a good thing (stalkers), but overall, I'd have to think that the many kids who became such devoted fans were welcomed at the very least. In a larger-scale performance, it is going to be rare to have any personal fans: people are unlikely to be able to see enough performances to even necessarily remember individuals, much less get to know their names, want autographs, etc.

I hope, overall, it was as good of an experience for them as it was for me as a fan. I continue to wish them all well in their future endeavors.

• Like 7

I can speak for at least one of them, that I know they loved their time in Cincinnati. The subject never really came to my attention amongst any other ones that I've known.

And it may seem like having a regular cast and regular location for performances is out of the norm for a performer like that.. but it's probably not as rare as one might think. Especially with the companies that favor veterans so stick around, and companies whose shows tour or that simply last a long time and require a dedicated calendar of the employees. I say employees, not just the performers, mind you ;)

• Like 4