"Cirque Imagine" at Kings Island!

Today, Philip seems to be trying to change things up with the "Nico"-assisted flip he does off the box.

The first show, he went rolling wildly out of the flip across the mat and almost looked injured (I think Julien wasn't sure he wasn't hurt at first, either, but if he was it didn't appear serious) and finished up face down playing dead for a bit before jumping up with a big grin. Second show, he rolled over a couple times then jumped up and continued running in that direction offstage for a moment. I'm eager to see what he has in store for the third show.

Edited to add: one of the benefits of getting a front row seat is listening to Logan talk about backstage type info (apparently the pie-in-the-face was in honor of Logan's birthday). He also said that the show is contracted for next year, in some way, shape, or form. So we don't know what acts, or if any of this year's performers will be in the show, but I'm feeling pretty confident now (as confident as I could be without an official announcement) that there will be Cirque Imagine at KI in 2015! Yay!

• Like 3

I'm waiting for the third show now.

I had an excellent seat for the 5:00: front row, dead center. It's only the second time I've been anywhere in the front row, and I almost decided to skip the third show because how can I improve on that seat? Considering my current seat is damp (from what? Do I want to know?), I'm thinking maybe I should have skipped :)

We went to see Dimensions: A Cirque Experience at Canada's Wonderland this past Friday. We got 2nd row on the right side on the aisle. GatorGirl's seat was wet, so she decided not to sit there. Mrs. Gator came in a little after us and sat there but decided to move because she thought someone may have relieved themselves in it. I figured it was wet from someone who had ridden a water ride, so I agreed to sit there so Hydra wasn't sitting on his own. But halfway through the show I got to thinking... wouldn't the other people in that group have ridden the water ride too, so the other chairs around it would be wet also? But then I realized that the back of the seat was damp too, putting my mind at ease that it was from a water ride... I hope. :unsure:

• Like 4

Urine has a pretty distinctive smell too, and there was no discernible smell at all. I think someone just took a run on Congo Falls before the previous show. I did change my shorts after the show, anyway.

All in all, being a row behind a guy who smelled of a mixture of cat urine and tires at yesterday's show was worse than my damp seat on the previous occasion.

• Like 3

The clowns came up with something new for their audience participation bit of tonight's 7:00 show. There was a man wearing sandals in the front row, who I dearly hope is either friends with the performers or involved in the production.

First, Josh took one of the shoes off the man's foot, and winged it at Philip as he dangled from his rope over the stage. The sandal landed on the stage near the side (later in the show one of the clowns shoved it farther offstage out of the way). Then Carl (Nico) grabbed the man's other sandal off his foot, and absconded with it through the door next to the stage.

The guy went through the show barefoot, then during the final bows, when everyone rushes back through the center hole, several rushed off the front of the stage, picked the man up, and transported him onstage. They then proceeded to hand him the flowers, and all ran back offstage because the music was over. The guy sat down with the flowers a bit, still barefoot, looking a little mystified. He climbed up onstage to look for the one shoe that had been shoved backstage, but didn't find it. Last I saw, he went through the "authorized personnel only" door next to the stage. I waited around a bit to see if he ever got his shoes but the theater was pretty much cleared out so I left.

If he was a regular audience member, he's a darned good sport.

• Like 5

A list on KI's website as to when their live shows are closing would be nice.

It would not only be nice, it would be common sense. My mother had no clue Cirque Imagine was wrapping up Sunday until I told her on the phone. She really wanted to see it, but had to choose between a full-priced ticket and Cirque or a $15 bring-a-friend ticket and no Cirque. She decided that Cirque was not worth $20 or whatever the difference between $15 and the cancer awareness tickets is.

How odd.

I've told many friends I see the value of A Cirque Imagine showing as being more than a full price single day admission to the park.

In fact, on a recent business trip, I drove thousands of miles instead of flying and detoured hundreds of miles out of the way (on my own time and at my own expense) to go to Kings Island for one reason, without which I would not have...to see the show.

Which I did. Twice. And rode Beast at closing.

Worth every minute and cent.

• Like 8

The clowns came up with something new for their audience participation bit of tonight's 7:00 show. There was a man wearing sandals in the front row, who I dearly hope is either friends with the performers or involved in the production.

I was wondering if that was new or something they did every time! I assumed he was part of the production or a friend.

This was the first time I saw the show. Yes, shame on me I now realize for not seeing it earlier. My previous visits didn't allow for me to see the show - and my Sunday visit may not either considering the group I'll be with. I left work a bit early and managed to make it into the park at 5 - enough time for some rides and the show. It was totally worth the drive.

The thing that I enjoyed the most was how much everyone on stage seemed to enjoy what they were doing. I can imagine that doing 3-4 shows 6 days a week can be challenging for them in keeping it fresh. But from what I saw it looked as though they were having fun and enjoying themselves. It was a fun show!

• Like 4

How odd.

I've told many friends I see the value of A Cirque Imagine showing as being more than a full price single day admission to the park.

In fact, on a recent business trip, I drove thousands of miles instead of flying and detoured hundreds of miles out of the way (on my own time and at my own expense) to go to Kings Island for one reason, without which I would not have...to see the show.

Which I did. Twice. And rode Beast at closing.

Worth every minute and cent.

I suspect that if she had forked over the extra money and seen the show, she would agree. But it's too late, as I will be gone today through Sunday and I know she won't go by herself.

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I'll be there today for the 7pm show. Pretty excited as it'll be last one of the year to see for us. Just hope this time I don't have the "Cirque Expert" sitting behind me with her friend the "I'm Not Impressed Lady".

• Like 3

We watched it again today and enjoyed it just as much as the other three times. Today the guy sitting next to me was literally snoring through most of it. And the woman in front me was clapping and whooping the whole way through :). If I have any criticism of the show it would be that the goodbye seems to go on a bit longer than necessary. But they absolutely deserve all the applause at the end!

• Like 1

The last performances for Cirque Imangine are this weekend : Showtimes are Saturday 1:30 , 3:30 , 5:00 & Sunday 3:00, 5:00, 7:00. Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes prior to showtimes to be able to get a seat. The last show Sunday is certain to be sold out.

Edit Done, hoping to the The Interpreter liking.

Edited by jdf21972
  • Like 1

and unless it was a last minute change, the web and the schedules being handed out indicate they have a 7pm showing today as well. (will have to walk by and see if it was changed on the sign).

Yes they added a 7PM show today, I was looking at my brouchure and did not have a 7PM show listed. Thanks!!

So far in the first two shows, they haven't strayed far from the script. First show, Philip rode the tricycle along the back of the stage during the rope act. Second show, "Nico" ran the same line yelling and waving his arms over his head while the other clowns were being threatened by Trevor on the bike. Also, Philip stripped off his jacket and swung it Chippendales style over his head when imitating Trevor.

I think they'll do something crazy in the last show and I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

Edited to add: Trevor came out on his bike in front of the theater and jumped over a couple park employees before they opened the doors.

• Like 4

^^ I think you mean Haut-Vol. :)

I would be extremely happy to see them perform shows at Kings Island for a long time. Cirque Imagine really made a huge impression on me when it comes to live entertainment at the park. If it becomes a two-year thing like Ed Alonzo, I really don't know what KI could bring in next that would impress me as much as Cirque has. Man, I'm going to miss that show...

• Like 2