Does Kings Island hire on spot?

Kikinicholee

Welcome to KICentral!

This is a public forum that's not affiliated with Kings Island. Employment and hiring questions regarding the park don't belong here. You should contact HR directly with any questions. If you're not sure who to contact, the main HR phone number is 513-754-5748.

If you get hired, make sure to pay close attention to their guidelines about online postings, especially if you plan to be active here.

• Like 4

And just as general advice, I've seen many companies that do hire on the spot in some cases, but may not necessarily in all cases. When I applied for my internship, I was not hired on the spot (though the phone call giving me the job offer came before I made it home). When I reapplied for a full time position, I went through a brief phone interview and was hired on the spot that time.

I should add, however, that I have never been employed by Kings Island or the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, and I know nothing about their hiring practices. To reiterate what's been said here, you should either direct your questions to the park's HR department, or just wait and call them back in a little while at the number they gave you to check on your status.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Woah Woah Woah, don't give HR grief, they work just the same as everyone else. They will gladly help when they can. (in fact, i should thank them soon for alls they do )

Again, please lets not talk about work on forums like this, for that is not the place for here.

• Like 2

And criticism of the park, valid or not, here, by employees thereof, may result in adverse personnel actions, as some here can sadly attest.

Not smart. At all.

And HR will coordinate such adverse actions.

Irony.

Be careful about...admissions...here. Generally.

At most large companies, including Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, if your job doesn't specifically require disseminating information on the Internet, you do so at your extreme peril. The company can (and has) at any time decide it will no longer tolerate such, regardless of how long it may have done so up until that time.

A job is a terrible thing to waste.

• Like 4

I had an interview today and they just gave me a number an said call back to check on my status . Does this mean i wont get hired?????

Let me make one thing clear: I don't work for Cedar Fair, Kings Island, etc., but I do know a LITTLE about their processes. Please do not take any of the below as gospel, I'm just trying to help...

In some instances, if the person who interviewed you thought that you weren't a good fit for the department for which you applied, they can choose to pass your application. That's not necessarily a bad thing. For example, if you applied for games but you just didn't have the outgoing personality necessary to be successful in the department, yet the person thought you could embody Cedar Fair's cornerstone beliefs, they would recommend you to another department like rides, foods, park services, etc. I'm not saying that's what happened, but that's kind of what it sounds like to me.

Don't give up, and good luck!!!!

• Like 4

When I applied way back when for the one year I worked there it was interesting. I went to one of their job fairs in the spring. I wanted to work rides but settled for applying for games when that wasn't left. I think my only options at the time were games, janitorial, and food. They took me for a quick interview with someone then told me to wait to see another person who would do a full on interview. That main interview was odd to me. This is almost exactly how it went.

Interviewer: What made you want to work in games?

- I wasn't able to apply for rides

Interviewer: Are you familiar with the park and games?

- very much so, in fact I've won just about everyone except the ring toss game.

Interviewer: Make a pitch that would get me to come play your game if I was to be walking by.

- uh... ummm.... come play my game it will be fun... I guess.

Interviewer: well if it were me I wouldn't stop you have to be more excited and confident, can you do that?

-Sure

Interviewer: you're hired. Training starts on this day (whatever day it was). We will see you then.

I remember leaving and being happy but also confused as to why in the world they hired me when I sucked so bad in the interview.

• Like 5

Which sadly is the truth. I speaking from experience with hiring and scheduling employees at Coney Island. Especially for post season once schools start back up, it is hard to schedule and get enough staffing to keep things open. Any extra bodies you can get in to help out, no matter how unenthusiastic, are welcome.

• Like 1

I wish I would have lived closer to the park as a youngster growing up. I would have loved to have worked one of the games. I sat down and ate outside the LaRosa's in Rivertown my last visit and cringed at the young man attempting -- and failing for the 45 minutes or so I sat there -- to get a guest, any guest, to play his "guess your weight/age/birth month" game. I know it's a tough sell by its very nature, and the young man seemed very nice, but I think that was the problem. He was too nice and made no attempt to connect with anyone in any way, and as a result was way too easy for everyone to say "no" to. I felt bad for him by the time I got up, almost enough to give him a chance on me. Almost.

• Like 2

Which sadly is the truth. I speaking from experience with hiring and scheduling employees at Coney Island. Especially for post season once schools start back up, it is hard to schedule and get enough staffing to keep things open. Any extra bodies you can get in to help out, no matter how unenthusiastic, are welcome.

Speaking form similar experiences, back to school and the fall is always the toughest, especially when a company promotes the federal minimum wage going up as a "raise" for its young employees, then scratches its head when they can't retain anyone.

• Like 1

I wish I would have lived closer to the park as a youngster growing up. I would have loved to have worked one of the games. I sat down and ate outside the LaRosa's in Rivertown my last visit and cringed at the young man attempting -- and failing for the 45 minutes or so I sat there -- to get a guest, any guest, to play his "guess your weight/age/birth month" game. I know it's a tough sell by its very nature, and the young man seemed very nice, but I think that was the problem. He was too nice and made no attempt to connect with anyone in any way, and as a result was way too easy for everyone to say "no" to. I felt bad for him by the time I got up, almost enough to give him a chance on me. Almost.

I lived 45 minutes away when I worked there. I loved working there though I would always mac out my time I could work. I ended up being pretty good on the mic while working there. My usual thing to get the attention of people passing by was the phrase from The Goonies " Hey you guys!....."

• Like 3

That's about how far away I lived from the park as a teen, but the accountant in me could not justify choosing a minimum wage job with a 40 minute drive over a job that paid a buck or 2 over minimum wage that was less than 10 minutes from home, despite how much more fun working at KI would have been. But as a CPA, managing my own finances was and continues to be an even bigger "thrill".

• Like 2