Finding money

Magenta Lizard

When I am at the park with my bf I keep my eyes open for change on the ground. We have rarely found bills. Never have we picked it up and saw someone looking around. Never more than $10. two times, I've found a $5 in the same place on different days, and that place is across from the vending machines by Invertigo. The last time, it was right after it had rained and the bill was soaking wet. I wonder if someone had dropped it and decided they didn't want to put a wet bill back into their wallet? Another time, my bf found a $5 that had been blown almost to the fence of The Vortex, sitting at the foot of a bush, across from the basketball shooting game. A woman and her husband were sitting on the wall nearby, saw him grab it, and said "good eye!" haha :)

• Like 1

My kids nearly always find change on the ground, and I've no problem with letting them keep it (after they wash their hands). I once turned away from what must be the last ATM on the planet that actually takes your card while you do a transaction (at the KI front gate!), and the cretins who found it didn't turn it in. They were up to around $60 worth when I shut it off. I figure Karma will take care of them eventually, but it sure did cause me to lose faith in my fellow man. For paper money I'll look for the 'Oh crap, I dropped my money' look, and try to re-unite the owner with property if I see it. A large amount would get turned in to GS, small amounts $10 or so) will get turned into profit for KI most likely.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday a teenage boy in front of me in line managed to knock his wallet out of his back pocket when he was getting back up from sitting on a railing (because the line had moved) and didn't notice. I grabbed it and handed it to him when I caught back up with him a few seconds later.

A simple thanks would have been nice, but most things would have been nicer than the suspicious look I got instead. Yeah buddy, pickpockets don't hand it back to you.

• Like 4

The problem with cash, is that anyone can claim they lost it. You hand it over to someone who claims to have lost it, then you lost out on the cash you just found, and it still didn't end up in the hands of the person who lost it. Finders keepers for me :P . Now i have absolutely no problem with turning in a wallet full of cash, credit/debit cards, ID, etc, but cash by itself is a different story.

EDIT: I'd expect a person to do the same thing if I lost some cash seeing as how it would be my fault that i lost it in the first place.

• Like 1