Best Day Contest

Oldiesmann

This popped up on the mobile site today (it wasn't there earlier so I don't know when it was added). Go to the site from a mobile device and tap on Best Day Contest.

asa2ena2.jpg

This is all the info I have.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The contest is going on at all of the parks. If you win the contest at Knott's Berry Farm you win a trip for 4 to Knott's Berry Farm. I'm sure the locals will be all over this. Then again, I suppose they wouldn't want to send people to Disneyland there.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

The contest is going on at all Cedar Fair locations, not just Kings Island, hence why they chose somewhere other than Kings Island, as for why they chose that park, no clue, maybe it's having attendance struggles and trying to raise people's awareness of it's existence? Anyone's guess really...

The grand prize is a trip to Knotts (along with airfare and a couple nights' stay in Cali) but each of ten parks, including KI, have 18 prizes of 4 tickets, Fast Lane, parking, etc. to those individual parks. If you enter a KI based vid, you get entered for one of 18 KI prize packs, one of those 180 winners (10 parks' 18 winners) then goes on to win the grand prize.

What I found interesting is that while each of the parks' prize pack is essentially the same, the estimated value of KI's is the highest. So apparently it is the most expensive of all ten parks.

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

Knott's Berry Farm is not having attendance struggles....

Wasn't suggesting that they do, my apologies if it came off like that. Maybe they just chose Knott's because it's out there in beautiful sunny California :)

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, I created an account on the Magisto site. You choose 10 pictures and 5 video clips, then the service turns them into an automatic video montage. This becomes your entry. The "{park name} movie theme" doesn't seem to exist, though.

The grand prize package might not be ideal for Cedar Fair platinum passholders, as it includes 8 single-day tickets to Knott's Berry Farm. Income tax is generally owed on the full retail value of all prize components. (The finalist prizes are under $600 in value, putting them under the IRS reporting limit. Consult a tax professional to determine your potential tax liability for accepting a specific sweepstakes prize.)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...