What's the longest you've ever waited for an attraction at KI?

thegajone

Just a random question: how long has your longest wait ever for an attraction been? Which one was it?

Also feel free to state your longest wait ever for each KI attraction that you've ridden, or your longest wait for an attraction at any other park.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a ride was just over 3 hours for Flight of Fear (back then called Outer Limits: Flight of Fear) the first week it was open, but I'm curious to see what others have to say.

• Like 2

I think the longest I've ever waited was 3 hours for Gatekeeper. That was really unpleasant, because I was already there for a somewhat limited amount of time and had already spent a majority of the day waiting for just that one ride. I like Gatekeeper, but I wouldn't wait any longer than 30-45 minutes for it.

I think the longest I've ever waited was 3 hours for Gatekeeper. That was really unpleasant, because I was already there for a somewhat limited amount of time and had already spent a majority of the day waiting for just that one ride. I like Gatekeeper, but I wouldn't wait any longer than 30-45 minutes for it.

Last time I checked Gatekeeper wasn't at Kings Island.

razmataz, who just had to :)

• Like 5

This is a slight part of the reason why I hardly ever ride Invertigo. When Face Off opened up I was young I don't remember what age maybe 12? I waited with my dad. After an hour and realizing the line was going to take forever I asked to get out of line. He got all huffy and puffy and tried to make it into some kind of life lesson about patience. We finally got on the ride and got buckled in. All of the workers did their checks and gave the clear.... we waited about thirty seconds and nothing. Then they come on the speaker and say. "Face off is now down due to a mechanical issue we dont know that it will re open today please step off the ride." Instead of putting us back in the queue they took us out of the exit and most everyone left the line. I have rarely seen my dad that mad. We ended up waiting 4 and a half hours to get strapped in and asked to exit. They didn't do a thing to make it right or care. Most places try and apologize for what happened. Not them, not that day.

• Like 6

60 minutes for Banshee, once, second Saturday this spring.

That is my limit for rides, period...even a new one. Life is too short to be wasted standing in a cattle call line...even for the free t-shirt.

I've not waited more than 30 minutes, many times not more than 15, since that first ride.

Especially for rides I've ridden many, many times, why wait? Banshee has now crossed into the territory with the other rides at my home park. If a line is longer than 30 minutes, forget it.

To combat that, though, you won't see me at the park on a Saturday during the summer, or on a Sunday after 1pm.

• Like 7

Last time I checked Gatekeeper wasn't at Kings Island.

razmataz, who just had to :)

Whoops! Darned mobile theme cut off the "at KI" part. This is awkward.
  • Like 2

I seem to remember waiting 2 hours or more for Whitewater Canyon way back when it was newer.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a ride was about three and a half hours for Mean Streak when it was new at Cedar Point. Most disappointing ride ever, and I don't think I ever rode it again.

I still haven't ridden Top Thrill Dragster up there because what should have been a less-than-a-half-hour line turned into a multi-hour wait with them taking several minutes for three guys to manually reset the trains that didn't make it over the hill (which was at least every other train, and sometimes a train would fail more than once). Then weather shut it down temporarily. Then we finally got our butts in seats... and after a couple minutes were told we were going to have to get back out. I walked at that point, I had had my fill. It still wasn't running at least a half hour later, so I felt I made the right choice to cut my losses when I did.

Now, since I can, I'm trying to avoid going when crowds will make a wait more than an hour for anything I want to ride.

And, I'm just guessing here, you probably waited all those hours without the aid of a cell phone to pass the time. Oh the horror.

Any mobile phones in the 5-hour lines that Terp mentioned might have been useful for phone calls. Considering airtime costs, that probably wouldn't have been an economical way to pass the time.

• Like 1

I guess while we are mentioning other parks, I'll say second longest was 2 hours for Magnum when I was younger (therefore Maggie was younger too). Personally no ride is worth 2 hours or hour and a half (that is pushing it for me), that's just me though. *shrug* Couple times a wait for Disaster Transport almost became 2 hours.

hence why I dont go on Saturdays...this past Saturday was the exception cause I only went to catch a show of Cirque before work and I do work really close by so..

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

I think longest I've waited was for White Water Canyon at around 90 minutes. I don't generally wait very long for the rollercoasters so I've never gone over 90 minutes on one, but that day was very hot and and I knew I would get wet, possibly drenched.

• Like 4

C'mon. They had Nokia phones with that snake game on them when Top Thrill Dragster opened. That'd entertain me for five hours.

All games were deleted from my Motorola Flip Phone prior to delivery.

And chances are good had I had the phone with me, I'd not have been able to stay to ride. I'm otherwise available 24/7. My employer respects my park time as "me time," provided that I can be reached in dire emergency (I can), and that I go sans phone. And so I do.

As for entertainment in lines, that's what friends, including new ones, are for.

• Like 5

I waited about five hours for Flight of Fear on it's opening day. We started off back past Zephyr and thought we were an hour or so away from the building. Unknown to us at the time there was the outside queue, and the inside queue to work through...

Had our group realized that we would have tried another day.

• Like 1